ReefCleaners.org

Tamberav's Mantis Mayhem - 45g SPS Cuboid build

Tamberav

Islandoftiki

Lol, looks like Betty when she wants attention. If she could get through that glass, she'd come come right up to you to give you mantis cuddles.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, looks like Betty when she wants attention. If she could get through that glass, she'd come come right up to you to give you mantis cuddles.

:wub:

That is exactly it! She has me trained, she knows if she punches the glass every 15-30 seconds that someone will come running.

Wow, she sure wants attn bad. She is big to me too, of course anything is bigger than the 1.5 inches mine is, at least she's growing. Really like what you did in there so far. It's pretty.

I have seen beta's go after both crystal and cherry shrimp.
I have even seen a few tetras of mine gang up on a shrimp and tear it apart much like wolves do to deer.

Most smaller fish leave the full grown shrimp alone. Though the babies are happily eaten if they are found by the fish.

I have seen beta's go after both crystal and cherry shrimp.

I have even seen a few tetras of mine gang up on a shrimp and tear it apart much like wolves do to deer.

Most smaller fish leave the full grown shrimp alone. Though the babies are happily eaten if they are found by the fish.

Yeah, I think I have been lucky. Planty's, Tetra's, and 3 different betta fish and havn't seen any of them eat the shrimp. I secretly hope they are eating the babies though. I started with 3 shrimp and now I see them everywhere.

Mantis Shrimp are so beast!

Your 72g tank needs one imo. :)

Yeah, I think I have been lucky. Planty's, Tetra's, and 3 different betta fish and havn't seen any of them eat the shrimp. I secretly hope they are eating the babies though. I started with 3 shrimp and now I see them everywhere.

Your 72g tank needs one imo. :)

It already has a Pistol and all the fish...

What's a damsel snack between friends?

I love my damsels too much lol Especially my Blue Eyed Damsels, which I think are a pair.

I love my damsels too much lol Especially my Blue Eyed Damsels, which I think are a pair.

I bet if you had a peacock mantis shrimp you would love it more than your damsels! Damsels are a lot cooler than people give them credit for though.

Are you going to fill it up with coralz?

I bet if you had a peacock mantis shrimp you would love it more than your damsels! Damsels are a lot cooler than people give them credit for though.

Are you going to fill it up with coralz?

Corals will be everywherez!

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much going on. Nitrates creeped up during the skimmer hiatus. The BM curve 5 is working nice though... did as big WC and dosing vodka to try and pull the nitrates back down.

Purple coralline is taking over the rock... and I'm probably not getting enough light on the tank atm either but terrified to raise the nano-box too fast.

Ivy did something cute today.. she reached back behind her eyes and scratched her head and then washed up her face like she was getting ready to go to bed. lol I know that sounds weird but it was adorable, like she had little hands.

When I bought my blenny, he was blue, then he turned pink, and in the new tank, he is almost entirely blue again. Not sure what is up with that.

hm, under the same lighting?

I know my tailspot looked more pink and maroon under my Par38 but under the Kessil he looks more maroon and tan.

hm, under the same lighting?

I know my tailspot looked more pink and maroon under my Par38 but under the Kessil he looks more maroon and tan.

The lighting is different but he looks different/darker than when I first added him under the lighting. Even with the lights completely off, he is blue-ish with the only remaining yellow being his facial pattern and his tail fin.

I bought him as a Blue Midas Blenny but he became a "Pink" Midas Blenny after awhile (he has never been yellow except for his fins). I wonder what caused him to revert back to blue??

I'm going to try and get a pic tomorrow. I hope he stays blue!

Got some goodies (mostly zoas) coming from Clay!!! I don't even know what really.. I just told her to send me some pretties! :happydance:

Change in any food at all?

Nope! I feed a wide range but he may be eating nori now which perhaps he wasn't before.

Hey Tamb :happydance:. How is ivy?

She's good :) and always up to no good :P

Hey tamb! Lots happening here lately. I just got an sca skimmer awhile back to replace my BM that wasn't producing much skim. Not sure if the skimmer I got is all that great. Doesn't seem to pull much unless you clean the cup often.

Archived