ReefCleaners.org

Tamberav's Mantis Mayhem - 45g SPS Cuboid build

Tamberav

I got the T5's hung up. Now to figure out how to hang the LED next to it but at an angle... hm.

has ivy emerged?

Not yet, but I still see her moving around in there.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivy stuck her head out a few times today to spy on me and uncovered half of her door :) She is very brightly colored with her shiny new outfit.

My light is hung. It is 100% ghetto poor college student version of a t5 + nanobox. but hey... it's still nano-box + ATI so as odd as it looks, its puts out sweet-ass light :D

I thought about drilling into the fixtures housings and connecting them to make it not so ghetto but I want to be able to resell them someday and decided to do something non-permanent.

The nano-box is angled to beam down onto the rock. Now to figure out how to program the storm controller :huh:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/IMG_20140723_023325909_zpszoohsvoc.jpg.html'>IMG_20140723_023325909_zpszoohsvoc.jpg

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/IMG_20140723_023340627_zpssmujatsi.jpg.html'>IMG_20140723_023340627_zpssmujatsi.jpg

Can't wait to see how Ivy's doing and lookin' like. She's been pampering in there for a while now. I"m sure she'll show her best.

Snow_Phoenix

Tam, sorry to barge into your thread - but I figure I could reach you quicker this way - do you have any experience with these two macros? Are they the super-invasive-I'll-take-over-your-tank-and-nuke-it-sort?

UgQ4hDF.jpg

AtbkgKN.png

I'm thinking of picking up these two, but I'm a bit worried. And this is coming from me, who already has some Grape Caulerpa and Chaeto in the tank. :wacko:

2nd one looks like dragon's tongue which is totally fine. I am not sure what the first is. I don't think I have seen anything like that offered here.

Anyone have a BRS doser on an Apex? Wondering if my code is right.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/001:30/179:45 Then ON
If Time 08:01 to 01:59 Then OFF

Should dose for 1 min 30 seconds every 3 hours or 3 times at night. The dosers are 1.1ml/min which should be 4.95ml a night.

Skimmer pump died, opened it up, broken shaft. Perhaps something was wrong with it from the start and thats why I couldn't get it to do as I wanted. SCA is sending me a new one.

I put the curve 5 on here and going to try the PSK skimmer on the mandarin tank once the part arrives.

I am hoping running the BRS doser will give me some stability. I was putting alk in the ATO but the temp in the house varies so much that the evap might be 1/4th a gallon one day and a whole gallon the next. Probably causing baby swings in alk... maybe thats what has the birdnests so pissed off.

Picked up a 6line at Petco. They have Ich like whoa so going to QT and probably cupramine it.

They also had some HUGE molly's.. like crazy big. I wanted one but that thing looked like it could poop as much as 5 tangs!

Platy's for my FW tank. I like platy's... idk why... I wish they could be acclimated to salt.

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/IMG_20140725_210414939_zpsd4nm29vd.jpg.html'>IMG_20140725_210414939_zpsd4nm29vd.jpg

I have read they can be accilimated to brackish.
I rather dislike platy's, sword tails, guppies and most mollies. I think I just get tired of cleaning all of their tanks at work. They really are not very interesting looking fish. And when you have 200+ gallons with just those in them. You get rather tired of them.

I have read they can be accilimated to brackish.

I rather dislike platy's, sword tails, guppies and most mollies. I think I just get tired of cleaning all of their tanks at work. They really are not very interesting looking fish. And when you have 200+ gallons with just those in them. You get rather tired of them.

I read only molly's can but not platy's.

I never had a platy until a few months ago. They come in many colors and easy to feed so I like them I guess. They are in a heavily planted tank so I don't clean anything, I don't even have to scrape the glass cuz FW nerites are the bomb!! I think I do a waterchange every 6 months. My FW tank has been around forever.. maybe 8 years? A long time anyways and I never do anything for it.

If I had to take care of my FW tank like a reef tank, I would NOT have a FW tank. Screw that! I can see how you would get sick of it, FW fish aren't worth having if you actually have to do something to take care of them.

Before them I only kept tetra's and an occasional beta fish.

must see pic of Ivy!!!

I tried to get a pic on the good camera and the battery was dead (slap self!). I did take a video on the phone and uploading it right now.

I love tetras, dwarf rainbows, Gudions, Rasboras. Badis and shrimp. When it comes to small fresh water fish.

I would be concerned the platies would eat all my shrimp. So further reason I don't like them.

Also you can convert guppies to full salt too. Just an FYI

I love tetras, dwarf rainbows, Gudions, Rasboras. Badis and shrimp. When it comes to small fresh water fish.

I would be concerned the platies would eat all my shrimp. So further reason I don't like them.

Also you can convert guppies to full salt too. Just an FYI

My pumps would such guppies right up!

I had 2 platy's in there for awhile and there are tons of cherry shrimp. They keep breeding like crazyyyy...

The betta fish doesn't touch them either. I hear a lot about so and so fish eating shrimp but I have yet to experience it.

Husband: "I wonder what she was doing? Maybe she hated this song?" lol

She smacks the glass once in this first one.

Nice she is huge!!

Not even close to her full size lol i think the glass/water magnifies her pretty well. The coral beauty in there is actually only like 2-3 inches for size reference.

Archived