Top Shelf Aquatics

THE OFFICIAL TRIDACNID CLAM THREAD

ZephNYC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about seachem phosguard?

Phosguard is my favorite, and I use lots of it. Heres my reactor and that is a 125 gallon sump for size reference.

post-73763-0-06199200-1408904153_thumb.jpg

BTW, I'm using the Chemi-Pure Blue and the clam is doing great, FWIW.......

Cool, I know Kat was using it too .i bet she got it free from Marine Depot

Tell us all about it. Is it a Sqaw or Gigas ?How old etc.....
I've had it 8 years, it's a T. Gigas. And is 32 inches at least. That cloudy picture was from a video clip of me giving it a fresh water dip, and let me say she had to be 200 lbs wet. I was so scared it would slip out my hand and crack onto the concrete floors.

Sorry to hear that bud. We lost two out of three after receiving them. One was DOA the second one died the next day.
I have always said ORA clams , especially those from DD, just don't do well for most people. I've lost so many I've made a vow never to buy them again.

My little Gold maxima bit it today. Writing was on the wall since I first acclimated him 2 weeks ago...
An all to common situation. Don't feel bad, that clam was on deaths door when u got it.
:slap:! I did not! I get products to review, and it depends on what products they want to send me.
Yea yea yea,...all u cuties get free stuff.

what is the best place online, or your favorite place to get a clam??

Oh that's easy. Pacific East Aquculture. Best in the world. They should be listing new

Clams soon.

post-73763-0-99928600-1408981830_thumb.jpg

My Venus fly trap plant. Anyone know what else I can feed it? There aren't many flies in my house. Lol.

You could maybe culture fruit flies and to feed it simply release them under a glass bowl and let the plant do its thing, may be a little to small and escape though

jedimaster1138

My Venus fly trap plant. Anyone know what else I can feed it? There aren't many flies in my house. Lol.

I had one when I was a kid. IIRC - it was 25 years ago, lol - I gave it tiny pieces of cold cuts like once a week. Use a tooth pick and as soon as the meat touches the 3 signal-hair trip wires, it will snap shut and you can gently withdraw the tooth pick. It's a very delicate operation, obviously. Only stick a very, very short amount of the wood of the pick through the meat so you don't have to stress it by having a big wooden thing in the mouth.

Was it really only 1 inch ? Those never live! I think you should be the new clam guru and I will convert to Acro grower or something like that. Lol,

To back up Tetradon, my blue max was .75" when I got in Dec. It is now almost 1.5".

I think we bought from the same place, too.

Archived