ReefCleaners.org

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

thecoralbeauty

Well if we get 2 kittens, that would make 3 total in the house :). More is always better :lol:. I might volunteer to foster kittens. Not this year, but maybe next! That will give me my kitten fix too...when my new one(s) are older :).

There is this thing I use called "Stitch-fix" where they send you clothes and you keep what you like and send back what you don't- they should do that with kittens for a kitten-fix. Just open the box, play with five kittens, keep any that you like, and box up the ones that are little devils! Perfect!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hauksanger

Urchin did some rearranging last night. I kinda like it for once :lol:.

IMG_0031_zps6ofvyxrl.jpg

Pink Hippos have a new home for now :).

Whoa, what zoas are these? They are amazing!

(That is literally all I'm good for atm, stalking people's tanks and asking for ID on their corals :blush: )

hauksanger

Aaaand I just noticed the name of the zoas right under the picture I quoted... :unsure:

Let's pretend I was talking about the other zoas, shall we?(Cause I actually meant both) Oh, the woes of being an overly zealous newbie.. <_<

Your tank looks amazing, gena! So sad our LFS doesn't stock zoas like these..

Just caught up with the thread--Pinky! :wub: Still think he's way more "pink" than Tug. Maybe Tug's a girl? Or I'm terrible at taking photos. Oooo can't wait for you kitten(s). :D

FlowerMama

I like your urchin's style!

Can't you just tell the shelter to let you be in a room with 15 kittens and then like with puppies, see which one comes to you???

6iUQ3xE.jpg

:wub:

How could anyone not fall in love with those little cuties LOL.

There is this thing I use called "Stitch-fix" where they send you clothes and you keep what you like and send back what you don't- they should do that with kittens for a kitten-fix. Just open the box, play with five kittens, keep any that you like, and box up the ones that are little devils! Perfect!

I would never be able to send any back!!!!!

Aaaand I just noticed the name of the zoas right under the picture I quoted...

Let's pretend I was talking about the other zoas, shall we?(Cause I actually meant both) Oh, the woes of being an overly zealous newbie..

Your tank looks amazing, gena! So sad our LFS doesn't stock zoas like these..

Thank you so much :flower:. Those other ones are called petroglyphs. And my LFS doesn't carry anything like this either lol. I bought those online. The pink hippos I picked up at a saltwater trade show.

Urchin tried moving the pink hippos again yesterday evening so I took them away and glued them down.

Just caught up with the thread--Pinky! Still think he's way more "pink" than Tug. Maybe Tug's a girl? Or I'm terrible at taking photos. Oooo can't wait for you kitten(s).

Could be because Pinky is so much older too. He's got to be at least 2 years older than Tug :).

Kittens omgomgomg:lol:

I like your urchin's style!

Can't you just tell the shelter to let you be in a room with 15 kittens and then like with puppies, see which one comes to you???

Can you imagine? Being surrounded by 15 kittens? :wub:

Not to get my hopes up but we MAY have found our kittens. Notice I said kittenS.

My foster mom friend is in contact with the foster mom of this litter :wub:. We would adopt a calico and an orange from this litter if all goes as planned fingerscrossed. They are only about 4 weeks old right now so it'd be another month before we could adopt them. I can surely wait though. I was hoping to get the kittens from a litter that still had their momma :happy:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-07%20at%208.36.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-07%20at%208.51.3

This is soooooooooo exciting :happydance:

hauksanger

I'll note the name :)

You're lucky you're in the US! Norway is tiny and ordering in is very limited. Also, I'm afraid things won't survive if I order anything from out of country. Bleh... I don't even know if we have saltwater trade shows. Have to look in to that and I'll be enjoying your pics for the time being :)

I'll note the name :)

You're lucky you're in the US! Norway is tiny and ordering in is very limited. Also, I'm afraid things won't survive if I order anything from out of country. Bleh... I don't even know if we have saltwater trade shows. Have to look in to that and I'll be enjoying your pics for the time being :)

I hope you are able to hunt them down! I'll be sure to include photos of mine for you when I take pictures of the tank :).

ReefWeeds

Urchin did some rearranging last night. I kinda like it for once :lol:.

IMG_0031_zps6ofvyxrl.jpg

Pink Hippos have a new home for now :).

Too funny. What kind of urchin do you have in there? Your photos - no words. They're ALWAYS amazing.

thecoralbeauty

:wub:

How could anyone not fall in love with those little cuties LOL.

I would never be able to send any back!!!!!

Thank you so much :flower:. Those other ones are called petroglyphs. And my LFS doesn't carry anything like this either lol. I bought those online. The pink hippos I picked up at a saltwater trade show.

Urchin tried moving the pink hippos again yesterday evening so I took them away and glued them down.

Could be because Pinky is so much older too. He's got to be at least 2 years older than Tug :).

Kittens omgomgomg:lol:

Can you imagine? Being surrounded by 15 kittens? :wub:

Not to get my hopes up but we MAY have found our kittens. Notice I said kittenS.

My foster mom friend is in contact with the foster mom of this litter :wub:. We would adopt a calico and an orange from this litter if all goes as planned fingerscrossed. They are only about 4 weeks old right now so it'd be another month before we could adopt them. I can surely wait though. I was hoping to get the kittens from a litter that still had their momma :happy:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-07%20at%208.36.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-07%20at%208.51.3

This is soooooooooo exciting :happydance:

THIS IS AWESOME! I wish I knew my fur-babies mom's.

I second the "put you in a kitten room and see who likes you" idea. That's how I ended up with mine, essentially! Though it was more of a casual stroll through the room, and me not being able to pull them off...

LOOK HOW TINY THEY ARE!

http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/kittentherapymagic/

Too funny. What kind of urchin do you have in there? Your photos - no words. They're ALWAYS amazing.

Thanks :). He's a blue tuxedo urchin. I think I have everything glued down now...that was the last thing LOL.

THIS IS AWESOME! I wish I knew my fur-babies mom's.

I second the "put you in a kitten room and see who likes you" idea. That's how I ended up with mine, essentially! Though it was more of a casual stroll through the room, and me not being able to pull them off...

LOOK HOW TINY THEY ARE!

http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/kittentherapymagic/

Awwwwwww :wub:. Of course the orange is my favorite lol.

It's water change day. And I have to take my dog for an eye appt. this afternoon. And my usual running around. And I have to watch my brother storm chase. And I have so much to do today omgomgomg. I need a glass room full of kittens now for my stress level :lol:.

Happy Weekend :happydance:.

hectic friday!

hang in there GENA and i hope

you have a great weekend.

i scheduled a massage for myself on

mother's day. ha!!

hectic friday!

hang in there GENA and i hope

you have a great weekend.

i scheduled a massage for myself on

mother's day. ha!!

I survived LOL. Got everything done but some cleaning. I'll do that tomorrow. Chloe had her eye appointment and she's doing well. Almost a year since the surgery. She still has

to keep doing the drops though :(. I was hoping she'd be done.

Enjoy the massage!!!!! And Happy Mother's Day weekend to you and all my mommy friends...including the fur baby mommies :wub:.

Yes, hope you see a room full of kitties!!!

I think I'll go watch some kitten videos LOL.
FlowerMama

Can't believe it's been a yr already for her eye surgery, seems like yesterday we heard about it. How's Chloe walking? More strength?

teenyreef

How exciting to hear about kittens! We love cats but our whole family is allergic so we live vicariously through other cat families :unsure:

Can't believe it's been a yr already for her eye surgery, seems like yesterday we heard about it. How's Chloe walking? More strength?

Yep...I think it's a year in July. Her next appt will be in 6 months so hopefully by then she'll be able to get off the drops. She's slowly improving. Puts the foot down now and occasionally walks on it. But still babies it. Just finished week 7 of no activities...5 more to go. She's adjusting really well to a sedentary lifestyle.

How exciting to hear about kittens! We love cats but our whole family is allergic so we live vicariously through other cat families :unsure:

Oh my gosh....should be soon omgomgomg. I can hardly wait :).

For mother's day, besides flowers, I got a new swatch watch to add to my collection. It's called "Cattitude" :D.

IMG_1215_zpsijjsof2m.jpg

Someone is on the move! She's been turning the last few days now. I'll just let her find her perfect position...even if she's touching other coral in the process LOL.

IMG_0039_zpsitruuia8.jpg

IMG_0040_zpsrc2hknaj.jpg

IMG_0045_zps0vfdc1sc.jpg

She's just ginormous LOL.

I love Swatch watches and happy late mothers day :flower:

Thanks, Lawn :flower:.

I've loved Swatch watches since the 80s!!!! And now I have money to buy them LOL.

FlowerMama

I hope mine does what yours does, MOVES, even jumps off the rock she's on. I have these garbage zoas that have gone crazy under the Kessil and they're covering her up and I'm concerned about cutting them off in a pale of old tankwater due to the toxins they release, though I know she'd close up immediately.

20150511_211721_zps8q16hgkm.jpg

I hope mine does what yours does, MOVES, even jumps off the rock she's on. I have these garbage zoas that have gone crazy under the Kessil and they're covering her up and I'm concerned about cutting them off in a pale of old tankwater due to the toxins they release, though I know she'd close up immediately.

Holy wow! Those did take off!!!!!! If you have to just pull the rock off and scrape them away. Use protection though!!!!!

gena, gorgeous fotos!

how big do you reckon your clam is now???

I wonder how HEAVY it is?!?

Not that heavy in water but when I take it out it has a good amount of weight to it :).

5 weeks old tomorrow :wub:

Fab%205%205.7.15%20copy_zpsllshhicm.jpg

The foster parent is supposed to get in touch with me soon and we'll do in-home adoption. The hard part will be just picking two :).

FlowerMama

I'd say get the two that are already cuddly wuddly with each other. They are awfully cute. I definitely like the wide eyed one on the right.

TAKE THEM ALL!!

Too bad you can't arrange a Nano-Reef adoption so all the bro and sis babies can have a kitty playdate at a frag swap!!

Archived