SaltCritters.com

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Keep the clowns. I had 2 in my Elos mini and they did just fine. My mom has 2 clowns in her Biocube 14. 1 of them is 3 inches or bigger they just host the back wall not like they swim much :lol:

I concur :)

Just move in a few macros to help eat up nitrates and you won't even have to do water changes very often.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

I agree. Hold onto clowns. They will look so pretty with the pastel behind them. It will set them off.

Thanks everyone :flower:.

Ok...you guys convinced me to keep the clowns. For now anyways. I'll see how they do in my 20L. I still plan to do weekly water changes so it should be ok.

We got to visit with the kittens again this morning!!!! They are so sweet! Nicky is 2 pounds now so he can be neutered this coming week. Still waiting on Nora. She 1# 12oz. So looks like 2 more weeks and we'll have them home :wub:.

My son took this photo of Nora sleeping on me. She's such a little sweetheart.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-30%20at%2012.12.

Sump is now offline and moved out. Along with all the equipment. I'm soaking them in vinegar right now. What a mess! I don't ever want to have to deal with a sump again....it's gross :lol:. Skimmers are the worst too...yuck LOL.

OMG that kitty pic! & yay for keeping the clowns. & that stand! Ahh I've fallen so far behind on everyone's threads. Looking good. :P

Hey Gena,

Cute cat! Looks like the kitten my sister in law adopted around Cristmas time.

You have changed your avatar. Looks good.

David

Such a sweet kitty! Glad you got to visit them today! Only two weeks!

Glad you got the sump all taken care of. That is such a chore. I hate cleaning equipment. That was the worst part of completely taking down my old tanks. The worst is over now :)

OMG that kitty pic! & yay for keeping the clowns. & that stand! Ahh I've fallen so far behind on everyone's threads. Looking good. :P

She is soooo sweet! I love her. The stand is done. Just need to get the door knobs and drawer handles on. The screws they came with, 2 sets, are too long and too short so my husband is going to cut the long ones.

Hey Gena,

Cute cat! Looks like the kitten my sister in law adopted around Cristmas time.

You have changed your avatar. Looks good.

David

Hi, David! Thank you :).

Such a sweet kitty! Glad you got to visit them today! Only two weeks!

Glad you got the sump all taken care of. That is such a chore. I hate cleaning equipment. That was the worst part of completely taking down my old tanks. The worst is over now :)

Oh gosh...what a mess. So glad the hard part is done. Looks like tomorrow might be the day to move the 45g out and the 20L in!!!!!

Here's how the tank looks now. I picked up an AC70. It's ginormous LOL. Hopefully it will be ok on the 20L.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-30%20at%204.24.0

below the clowns you can see the new pink colt coral I picked up for the new softy tank :).

Wow! A bit sad to see the tank like this, but I'm excited to see the new softy tank. Yeah, the AC70's are huge, but I ran one on my original 10 gallon so it will be fine on the 20L. I like the pink colt coral. I picked up two softies myself today. Trying to mix a couple in to make my tank more of a mixed reef. Got a neon green nepthea and a kenya tree.

Wow! A bit sad to see the tank like this, but I'm excited to see the new softy tank. Yeah, the AC70's are huge, but I ran one on my original 10 gallon so it will be fine on the 20L. I like the pink colt coral. I picked up two softies myself today. Trying to mix a couple in to make my tank more of a mixed reef. Got a neon green nepthea and a kenya tree.

I have a little frag of neon sinularia that's in that plastic cup there in the center of the tank. I do want a green nepthea too :).

I have a little frag of neon sinularia that's in that plastic cup there in the center of the tank. I do want a green nepthea too :).

Awesome! They looks really similar to me :)

Gena, tank looked spectacular :). Sad to see that you are downsizing though :(.

Now I know I promised you a particular picture from my holiday and I'm sorry it took me so long to post it up but here you go :).

KPagaR.jpg

Picture taken in Madame Tussauds, London.

Congrats on finishing the fuge cleaning! I bet you're getting really excited. Can't wait to see the new tank up and started!

Now that I know how fast things are morning on the new tank, I'm watching this thread carefully so I don't miss the start of the new build thread :)

The new stand looks awesome - I really like the color :wub:

Awesome! They looks really similar to me

Yeah, I can't tell them apart either. I love your new avy :wub:. I didn't know it was you at first :).

Gena, tank looked spectacular. Sad to see that you are downsizing though :(.

Now I know I promised you a particular picture from my holiday and I'm sorry it took me so long to post it up but here you go :).

KPagaR.jpg

Picture taken in Madame Tussauds, London.

Awesome! I've never been to Madame Tussauds but would love to one day. Even if it's a little creepy lol. Thanks for sharing :flower:.

Congrats on finishing the fuge cleaning! I bet you're getting really excited. Can't wait to see the new tank up and started!

Thanks! I am!!!!!!

Now that I know how fast things are morning on the new tank, I'm watching this thread carefully so I don't miss the start of the new build thread

The new stand looks awesome - I really like the color :wub:

Thanks! Oh gosh...I do have to start another tank thread LOL. Should be any day now!

Kitten!! :wub:

:wub:

So today is moving day. I've been dreading this. I couldn't even sleep in this morning because as soon as I woke up, my mind

was racing with what exactly I'll need to do :). Going to try to start early.

Oh, remember my green clove polyps? I had put them in my fuge when I first started up this cube. I found a rock down there that had some cloves on it so those will be

making a comeback. Can't wait to get my softy tank running. I've missed them :happy:.

021513no8_zpsdf59b257.jpg

Yeah, I figured it was time for a change on the avatar front. I don't wear glasses very often because I've never had a pair I actually like. I finally got a pair that I love a while back so I've been wearing them a bit more.

Good luck today! I hope it all goes smoothly!

I remember those green cloves. Sounds like this tank is going to go more back towards the look of your NC12 or the "28 gallon itch". I miss those tanks, so this will be fun :)

Can I haz clovez?

Eventually ;). I only have a few sprigs right now.

Gena, we need an update! I hope it all went smoothly!

For the most part. Took. All. Day. And I'm still not done. Fixing up wires. Moving my 8g tank into the 20L. I accidentally burned my open brain coral with the heater :(. I hope it will be ok. Didn't realize the heater got blown against the brain in the holding tank. Other than that....went very smoothly. Just so tiring. Here's the link to the new thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/361784-the-pastel-garden/#entry5041206

I will have more details soon. Just have a lot to do still today including shipping off coral. Stopped for lunch :).

Archived