Top Shelf Aquatics

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Gena, didn't know you had so many geckos already. You have a full house!

Yep...actually I have 9 :blush:. I miscounted the number of babies. I have 5 babies.

Ah! Thought you bought a new one! That squamosa you have is beautiful and huge! My derasa has grown like crazy and is really large now, but the squamosa I've had even longer is still pretty small. Its super healthy, but it seems to grow really slowly.

I can't reveal too many of Eddie's secrets (he has a flair for dramatic announcements :lol: ) but yes. Should make life a bit easier :D

Haha, yeah they're a lot of work, but they're so adorable that its worth it. At least they aren't as much work as puppies.

Woah! I somehow missed that you had so many geckos now! The babies are ones from your adults breeding? That's exciting. Are you going to sell the babies or keep them?

Nope, didn't buy one. Would love to have one of each kind though.

The babies are ones I bought. We haven't had any of our own yet :). We're planning to sell the ones that we breed.

Wow- beautiful pics.......I don't think your large clam can open any larger

Thanks, Scott! You should have seen it today! Big, lush, and just happy :happy:.

This Saturday.......12pm-3pm......kitten adoptions.....omgomgomg. This could be the weekend :D.

LOL, you went from 'well, maybe we will think about another kitten because our child would like one' to 'kitten adoptions....this weekend could be the one'! You are so headed for cat ownership!

LOL, you went from 'well, maybe we will think about another kitten because our child would like one' to 'kitten adoptions....this weekend could be the one'! You are so headed for cat ownership!

Yeah, it's gonna happen for sure. All of us are ready. It's just a matter of finding the one. I'm hoping to get a long-haired orange and white kitten :wub:. Tomorrow is the day to look :happydance:. Can't wait!!!!!!

TGIF!!!!!

A little Pinky for you guys :flower:

IMG_0008_zpslx3xajr4.jpg

IMG_0011_zpslda5pnjq.jpg

IMG_9998_zps863idisa.jpg

IMG_0007_zpspcvfzgm8.jpg

IMG_9995_zpsxzif2sx2.jpg

pa1ntbru5h

Wow your tank is beautiful! Especially those Monticaps!

I need one of those in my tank ASAP

I wanna see kitten pictures!!! Those of the wrasse are pretty cool too tho. :happy:

I promise when we get her that I'll post lots of photos :happy:.

The kittens aren't ready yet. They are still in foster care. I was talking to one of my friends who fosters for the animal shelter. She told me 400 kittens come through each season :o. She hasn't even gotten her babies yet because she doesn't bottle feed. She said soon. And the middle of the month is when we will probably be able to adopt. I told her I was looking for an orange and white long haired female or a long-haired female calico. She's going to put word in with the head of the program for me :happydance:. She said chances are really good we'll get what we're looking for :).

We did look Saturday and they didn't have any kittens, just young adult or adult. This was at a local pet store that has a group come in to do pet adoptions. These are rescues as well. They told us the same thing....kittens aren't ready yet, but soon. The cashier I talked to earlier in the week thought they'd have kittens, but they didn't. It was still fun looking :).

FlowerMama

Always fun getting a new member of the family! That's awesome that they can tell you already is a really good chance.

Always fun getting a new member of the family! That's awesome that they can tell you already is a really good chance.

Yeah...so excited about this. Brings back a flood of memories from 19 years ago when we went to pick out Havana. That googly feeling of love, it's back :wub:.

Here she was when we first got her. I think I've posted this one before:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%208.09.5

All of us here are excited to add a new baby to the family :).

I'm thinking I really want a calico. I've been watching some youtube videos and this one cracked me up LOLOL.

Pinky sure is cute! :wub:

Thanks, E :flower:. He's my favorite!

You're getting a new fur baby?! Dawwww!!! It is kitten season. I need like 50 more calicos. Like my own little tortie isn't too much. ha ha ha.

kimberbee

Do you just have one? It's kitten season you know ;) LOL.

My cat is more like a small dog. Very high maintenance for a cat!! There will be another time for a kitten... ;)

You're getting a new fur baby?! Dawwww!!! It is kitten season. I need like 50 more calicos. Like my own little tortie isn't too much. ha ha ha.

I am :wub:. Maybe two LOL. We'll see. I know it's always best to get two so they can learn from each other. That's what I was told anyways.

You have a tortie???? Any photos? They are so gorgeous! I'm all about the calicos/torties :D.

My cat is more like a small dog. Very high maintenance for a cat!! There will be another time for a kitten... ;)

I'll have to check your thread again for pictures.

Oh is this supposed to be a fish tank thread???? I think it's turned into the kitten/cat thread. With a little crested gecko mixed in for good measure :lol:.

I'll have to get some photos of my tank so I don't start feeling too guilty for not giving it as much love :).

When I visited Hemingway House & Museum in the Florida Keys they still have descendant six-toed cats from Hemingway's time. They were every where and they owned the place! LOL So cute.

http://www.hemingwayhome.com/cats/

I remember seeing them as well last time I was in Key West, twenty some years ago! It is so bizarre looking :).

Urchin did some rearranging last night. I kinda like it for once :lol:.

IMG_0031_zps6ofvyxrl.jpg

Pink Hippos have a new home for now :).

kimberbee

If two cats are better than one, then three cats are better than two!!

You should just pick up a whole box-full just to be safe! :happy:

If two cats are better than one, then three cats are better than two!!

You should just pick up a whole box-full just to be safe! :happy:

Well if we get 2 kittens, that would make 3 total in the house :). More is always better :lol:. I might volunteer to foster kittens. Not this year, but maybe next! That will give me my kitten fix too...when my new one(s) are older :).

Archived