Innovative Marine Aquariums

50g Zeovit Tank....

Funkateer_1

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking like your tank has made a fine recovery. Looking good. Did you get that branching gsp from your work? That one that is in the large display tank is awesome.

im the guy that came in today and picked up those designer clowns. I believe it was you that commented on them when I was checking out. White bandit ocellarious pair. They are doing okay and have been checking out there new home all afternoon. The smaller one is kinda chilling in the same area but the bigger one is cruising all around and returns to the lil guy every few mins. Awesome fish for sure

Funkateer_1

Looking like your tank has made a fine recovery. Looking good. Did you get that branching gsp from your work? That one that is in the large display tank is awesome.

im the guy that came in today and picked up those designer clowns. I believe it was you that commented on them when I was checking out. White bandit ocellarious pair. They are doing okay and have been checking out there new home all afternoon. The smaller one is kinda chilling in the same area but the bigger one is cruising all around and returns to the lil guy every few mins. Awesome fish for sure

Those bandit ocellaris are awesome. Their a SA 'Frozen' Frostbite morph bred with three connected bars on each side at about half the price SA sells them for. They came from a local guy that breeds them up north. I'm sure their gonna make a great addition to your tank!

The branching GSP is from AW, it was a 'snip' from the 35 gallon nano tank about a year ago. I was the grumpy one walking around in the black shirt today :lol:

The tank is getting there, I will be moving the tank soon this month and then again in December. If im still not 100% happy with my tank then I will be removing all the SPS and setting up an RBTA dominated anemone farm. Will still probably keep the zeo though, my nutrients have never been lower.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Funkateer_1

I have been relocating the tank for the past six hours. Its nearly 2am and I still have much to do. Dosing pump is going to be in a cabinet and got a 1/2hp chiller to keep it cool in the summer. New sand and rock and about 60% new scripps water. Lol corals are pissed.

29lnvgh.jpg

1zm1icy.jpg

2wfk5c4.jpg

4lkcqo.jpg

Funkateer_1

Just relocating right? Looks like alot of work. Why the relocation?

Hope the relocate goes well that's always so much work

I was moving, the only thing left was the tank. It wasn't too bad. Went without a hitch really. Ripping all your nice established frags off of rock and putting them in the bucket for a for hours..... Its just exhausting, stressful work. I lost two fish. My ugly anthias and flame angel, lack of oxygen probably.

Funkateer_1

GL with the move!

Polyps are out on most SPS and all fish are present and accounted for. Took the afternoon off work to work on it some more.

Funkateer_1

FINALLY done relocating the tank. All that's left is gluing the coral.

333woiv.jpg

t8tag6.jpg

4j2e14.jpg

ivfmft.jpg

656atu.jpg
Cabinet holding dosing pump, stirrers, and a few controllers.

35hobqa.jpg
Redone sump.

Nice work, its looks like you never even moved it. Liking the dosing cabinet, is that just regular blk fish tubing coming off the pump? I only ask because I have to replace the tubing on my pump.

Sump is looking awesome too, that skimmer looks huge. How do you like it now that it has been up and running for a while?

Funkateer_1

Nice work, its looks like you never even moved it. Liking the dosing cabinet, is that just regular blk fish tubing coming off the pump? I only ask because I have to replace the tubing on my pump.

Sump is looking awesome too, that skimmer looks huge. How do you like it now that it has been up and running for a while?

I use 1/2" black vinyl for my return and 3/4" for my chiller. Its hard PVC for the tee connected directly to my waveline return.

I love my KZ skimmer. Performs like a dream. I usually crack it open once a week and clean it well to ensure its working well.

Funkateer_1

Everything is doing well. I suffered an antipated brown-out when I moved the livestock but everything is doing very well! Coloring up faster than I expected

25s4ykx.jpg

21en7nb.jpg

2rx8xmh.jpg

219e2hw.jpg

2r5ax5i.jpg

16lh26e.jpg
Sassy the Betta's tank

Funkateer_1

I usually post pictures every week or two, but after coming home tonight I cannot believe how well my tank is doing. Color is lightly pastel but sharp and deep, corals are encrusting faster, and my stonies have never been fuzzier. Everything I ever wanted in a zeo tank!

The past year has been a struggle. I had poor to mixed results. Not necessarily the zeo, but there is a learning curve. I changed lights, dosing methodologies, had a chiller/sold it, changed bulbs without acclimating, jacked up the established sandbed, switched salt brands a bunch of times, and did whatever I could to never let the tank settle. I think this relocation is gonna be a fresh start!

I think removing my nasty fine sandbed that I stupidly covered with new sand (killing all my aerobic bacteria) with a clean fresh bed helped, I also added a severely oversized chiller (1/2 hp) allows me to cook the tank with my halides but my temp never gets over 77. It fires up for about 5 minutes every hour with the main lights on. I dropped my lights about 4 inches closer to the tank too. Still cannot shake that $#%^ing bubble algae. I think a foxface is my next purchase.

Hopefully the tank will be an acro forest before I know it!

15qycsn.jpg

vphjjo.jpg

15gcu2f.jpg

29ctbwy.jpg

21ade05.jpg

2upd34y.jpg

6huwcw.jpg
Also the newest addition to our family!

Awesome news. Whats your dosing schedule looking like now that you moved the tank, did you cut back some? Also are you running the kz carbon, I heard you had to soak kz carbon for a day or so before you use it.

Spida, I believe he is using tropic marin salt but I could be wrong, scripts water maybe as well.

Funkateer_1

nice tank

so what salt did you settle with?

I use natural salt water available in San Diego. I tried Tropic Marin, Aqua Vitro Salinity, and KZ Reefers Best. All worked great, but NSW is free :P

Awesome news. Whats your dosing schedule looking like now that you moved the tank, did you cut back some? Also are you running the kz carbon, I heard you had to soak kz carbon for a day or so before you use it.

Spida, I believe he is using tropic marin salt but I could be wrong, scripts water maybe as well.

My dosing schedule is more or less the same. I added my first dose of Zeospur since the move and that lightened up the color a bit. I do use KZ carbon, 100mL swapped every month. I just rinse in hot water for a minute, same as any other carbon.

Funkateer_1

beautiful setup. what kind of LED are you using on this tank?

No LED's. I use an Elos Planet II, 2 x 250w HQI halides and 4 x 39w T5's

I use Ushio 20k bulbs, 3 x KZ actinics and an ATI purple bulb.

Archived