Top Shelf Aquatics

50g Zeovit Tank....

Funkateer_1

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to all the sps? Still running zeovit? How are the flames doing? And is that a bandit?

Phosphates dropped to low and all my SPS started to aggressively recede. I was able to remove most of the them and rehab and sell them off but all my big colonies died. Once the acropora started to suffer my fish and some large emerald crabs started going for the tissue. Meh it's not a big deal, I just don't know what to do with the tank...

No Bandit, but i'd but one in in a heatbeat. Their very hard to find nowadays.... I have an elusive heniochus chrysostomus QT'd and eating well, I was just nervous about introducing it to the gang.

8030801.jpg

The flames are doing well. Spawn nearly every dusk. I'd love to try to breed them but i'd need a big, tall tank or a giant 55 gallon drum to give them height to do their dance.

I'm leaving the zeovit on too.... the aquarium is just so clean with it running.

That's too bad about all the sps. I've had random death like that too. That green table is quite nice I'm pretty sure I picked up the same one from aquatic warehouse about a year ago. Mine rtnd one day too never found out why.

That's too bad about all the sps. I've had random death like that too. That green table is quite nice I'm pretty sure I picked up the same one from aquatic warehouse about a year ago. Mine rtnd one day too never found out why.

SPS are fickle ;) it won't stop me from giving up, i'm just using the opportunity to try something new. I have always liked fish more than coral, and now losing my SPS collection will allow me to push keeping rare fish with high quality zeo-fueled water.

Newest addition, the elusive Heniochus chrysostomus

339rurt.jpg

In QT

2wprygo.jpg

Here's a video of the new guy feeding

You get some cool fish

How's the burgess with the coral? Also, can't see the video :/

Burgess is OK, he nips a little but not as bad as my Centropyge's. If he was in a bigger tank I doubt he'd be a problem.

The Heniochus eats very well, just needs a little more food in his diet. He eats everything I throw in there with gusto and so far has left the corals alone.

Video should work now.

• 4 weeks later...
Funkateer_1
rro5cl.jpg

Bump! The tank has recently been getting TONS of direct, natural sun in a few hours this morning. It's nice waking up at 6am and seeing all the corals open before the lights even turn on.

I am still enjoying the soft coral Zeovit reef. I keep the temperate at 73-75 for the temperate inhabitants, and my few Non-Photos are still doing very well.

Heres the current fish list. I did lose the Heniochus. Ate well for a few weeks, then came home and it was stuck to the powerhead, not uncommon for the species lol :

- Burgess Butterfly

- Flame Angel Pair (spawning every dusk... I have a few ideas to isolate them into a new tank for some experiments...)

- Percula Clown Pair (Spawns every few weeks)

- Sixline Wrasse Pair (No visible spawning but they never leave each other's side)

- Radiant Wrasse

- Peppermint Hog

- Leopard Wrasse (changed into a male)

- Japanese Plesiops (plesiops oxycephalus) (attempted to pair this fish, but the female disappeared)

- Japanese Girdled Goby (Istigobius ornatus)

Looking good, strange seeing the tank with no colorful sticks, but still nice to see it up and running and doing well.

Ps..

Thanks for that monster skimmer, it's in hiding right now. If the wife sees it she will flip seeing as I have a collection going on atm, lol. Rev s ftw. :)

Funkateer_1

Looking good, strange seeing the tank with no colorful sticks, but still nice to see it up and running and doing well.

Ps..

Thanks for that monster skimmer, it's in hiding right now. If the wife sees it she will flip seeing as I have a collection going on atm, lol. Rev s ftw. :)

LOL. It is a beast. Im glad you like it haha

Some new pictures...

5l2jc0.jpg
34xrokk.jpg
2ujmpld.jpg
ohs840.jpg
2h5iavl.jpg
  • 1 month later...
Funkateer_1

Another reason I decided to let the SPS go....

Here's my SPS section I maintain at work..

14nfma1.jpg

2cxz57k.jpg

fp02me.jpg

Also something else cool.... goldback trigger I picked up:

fk712f.jpg

24nisde.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason I decided to let the SPS go....

Here's my SPS section I maintain at work..

14nfma1.jpg

2cxz57k.jpg

fp02me.jpg

Also something else cool.... goldback trigger I picked up:

DAMN Where do you work that is awesome. I wish my local fish store had a tenth of that.

Funkateer_1

DAMN Where do you work that is awesome. I wish my local fish store had a tenth of that.

Thanks, It's a 1200 gallon system. The SPS section is about 250 gallons and all tied together. Ontop of that, I maintain a 4,000 gallon fish system, 200 gallon anemone system, and several display tanks. Some pictures are here:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30361

Here's an older picture of the reef, just so you can get the size of it:

avohu1.jpg

I took this one the other day too.

snjdpk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking awesome as usual. Your work takes all money, gotta love it.

I've been on a fish buying adventure for the last 3 weeks. You guys always have an awesome selection.

Funkateer_1

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I love having a home reef, but after a 9 hour day of testing, dosing, water changing, fragging, sometimes I just want go home, pour a glass of the hard stuff and just watch my fish. I love giving 100% at work and having the best possiible livestock available, their like my tanks away from home :D

How on God's green earth have i missed this. You need to put a FTS on the first page bud. Love it!

Funkateer_1

2po5u6b.jpg

Cloudy day on the reef. Water change and coral snow!

w1pdlc.jpgMy

water change assistant

24bj149.jpg

Some coraline buildup

That's some crazy coraline buildup there. I think the tank looks great sps or not, but I am partial to motion heh.

Funkateer_1

That's some crazy coraline buildup there. I think the tank looks great sps or not, but I am partial to motion heh.

Thanks!

I like them too. Easy haha. I got some new additions...

Hybrid Zebrasoma Tang. Hopefully will work on some bubble algae.
20150606_184202_zps14ckyhjt.jpeg
Mimic Filefish
20150606_185211_zps7bmuqvxm.jpeg
FTS. Just replaced the micron so it's a a little cloudy.
20150606_185149_zpsquwipj4e.jpeg

Archived