SaltCritters.com

50g Zeovit Tank....

Funkateer_1

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is that Assessor? I swear if it's a Randalls I will come and take "borrow" it.

:ninja:

It's a member of the Plesiops genus. Very secretive genus of fish found in the indo-pacific. This particular guy came from a Japanese shipment that came into LA a few months ago. I think he's a Plesiops melas looking through books... it was one of only two that were brought into the US.

20721_580_360.jpg

here's a reefbuilders article from a few years back that showcases the genus....

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/17/male-plesiops-coeruleolineatus/'>http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/17/male-plesiops-coeruleolineatus/

Keep in mind that corals grow, and soon those SPS will all be duking it out ;)

If only they grew that fast... I have already fragmented several pieces to encourage them to grow different directions. So far everyone is playing well.

You've got quite a forest of coral developing there :)

How goes the ZeoVit?

What are you dosing these days?

Zeo is going good. Still can't shake cyano in certain spots despite all the biomate/snow/zeobak treatments. I talked to my KZ rep for the US and cyanoclean will be available at the end of month. Already pre-ordered 15 vials for my store. I have a tad bit of bubble algae popping up in spots so I introduced some emerald crabs. KH is still hovering around 6DKH. I just started using BRS Soda ash today, I slightly boiled the RO/DI before adding the buffer and it mixed perfectly clear in seconds. We'll see how it goes. All issues aside, corals are doing great.

Here's my current doing regiment

- Zeostart 3: .15mL twice a day or .3mL daily.

- Zeobak: 2 drops Mon, Weds, Fri

- Coral Vitalizer: 2 drops Mon, Weds, Fri

- Sponge Power: 2 drops Weekly (usually monday)

- Pohl's Xtra Sp: 1mL Mon, Fri

- Coral Snow: 2mL Mon, Fro Mixed with Biomate

- Zeofood: 2 drops every now and then

- Zeospur: .5mL Every other tuesday

- AAHC: 2 drops Tues, Thurs, Sun

- Biomate: 2 drops Mon, Fri Mixed with Coral Snow

- B - Balance: 2 mL Tues, Thurs, Sun

- Stylo-Pocci Grow: 2 drops Weds, Sat

- Flatworm Stop: 2mL M,W,F Mixed with Coral Booster

- Coral Booster: 2mL M,W,F Mixed with Flatworm Stop

I think I got everything there.

Zeo is going good. Still can't shake cyano in certain spots despite all the biomate/snow/zeobak treatments. I talked to my KZ rep for the US and cyanoclean will be available at the end of month. Already pre-ordered 15 vials for my store. I have a tad bit of bubble algae popping up in spots so I introduced some emerald crabs. KH is still hovering around 6DKH. I just started using BRS Soda ash today, I slightly boiled the RO/DI before adding the buffer and it mixed perfectly clear in seconds. We'll see how it goes. All issues aside, corals are doing great.

Here's my current doing regiment

- Zeostart 3: .15mL twice a day or .3mL daily.

- Zeobak: 2 drops Mon, Weds, Fri

- Coral Vitalizer: 2 drops Mon, Weds, Fri

- Sponge Power: 2 drops Weekly (usually monday)

- Pohl's Xtra Sp: 1mL Mon, Fri

- Coral Snow: 2mL Mon, Fro Mixed with Biomate

- Zeofood: 2 drops every now and then

- Zeospur: .5mL Every other tuesday

- AAHC: 2 drops Tues, Thurs, Sun

- Biomate: 2 drops Mon, Fri Mixed with Coral Snow

- B - Balance: 2 mL Tues, Thurs, Sun

- Stylo-Pocci Grow: 2 drops Weds, Sat

- Flatworm Stop: 2mL M,W,F Mixed with Coral Booster

- Coral Booster: 2mL M,W,F Mixed with Flatworm Stop

I think I got everything there.

I don't think BioMate is very effective for cyano from my readings, Zeozym seems to work. I wait to hear the reviews on the new cyanoclean, the name sounds promising but will it work?. I'm sure you will let me know :)

I am dosng 3 drops of SO daily in my 20g for 3 weeks with good results. Ran out of CV a couple of weeks ago so haven't dosed it for a while.

Good to hear things are going well. I have to agree with Ben on the proximity of your SPS, your going to have some serious issues when they start to grow and base out.

Good to hear things are going well. I have to agree with Ben on the proximity of your SPS, your going to have some serious issues when they start to grow and base out.

I think when I do my next water change im gonna take some of the montis off and relocate them. Their the ones that are starting get a little out of hand.

Here are where I spend most of my day. The LFS I work at...

ix849d.jpg

35g Rimless tank. Lit with Ecotech Radion.

5y9oau.jpg

170g mixed reef. Lit with Ecoxotic 100w cannons.

2e0s1s5.jpg

Poor, negleted Innovative 8g.

2962fqo.jpg

Part of the 1200g retail systems. Lit with Ecoxotic cannons.

I know where you work, lol. One of the best if not the best here in San Diego. Aquatic warehouse! Love that place, not so much the wallet though. I've been watching that leather tank for a while now. By far the biggest I have seen in such a small tank.

I'm thinking about dosing some small amounts of zeovit in my nano. I'm still reading all about it, I'd love to pick your brain sometime if you don't mind.

Pic of same leather tank:

null_zpsa53b772d.jpg

Come by and talk to me some time. We carry the entire line of KZ products and we can figure out which products work best for you.

- Marc

Right on, I was there last week and picked up a few frags (bird nest,grn monti? W/ blue polyps and a few mushies) When I was checking out I was eye balling the zeo line up you guys had going on. I almost picked up a few bottles but I opted to leave before my wallet was emptied. That front glass display by the check out is always full of things I want. Lol. Ill be in there nxt week maybe even this weekend for some frags of lps or sps. Also have been thinking about a

Pico tank-20g nano, you guys have some bad ass picos as well!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking amazing. Great tank and scape. Very nice.

I'm not sure if you knew, but I talked with you for five mins last week about zeovit dosing. I was in a hurry and bounced out while you were dealing with another customer. Nxt time maybe ill have some time to chat more.

• 3 weeks later...

12/3/13

Bump! Tank is doing well. Added a deeper, more coarse sand-bed to allow for higher flow without the sand flying around. Also added two Jebao WP-25 on top of the vortechs. Man these things move water.

2liews1.jpg

11v0gvt.jpg
Wild-Caught sarmentosa

sz8rye.jpg
Macro of the Oculus Purple Poison Shortcake

34oyknp.jpg
New Marbled star

dmvaww.jpg
You can see the new sand pretty well in this pic.

2gx3775.jpg

• 1 month later...

1/18

s1t2wx.jpg

2j1ano5.jpg

15yztav.jpg

t0lr4o.jpg

m76gbn.jpg

20qi7hl.jpg

Tanks doing great! Phosphates are undetectable, growth is out of control, and color is popping! I have starting slowly adding KZ additives again the results are showing. Also just ordered another new skimmer. The KZ revolution S. It should be here mid Febuary. I am contemplating doing a Modification with a Waveline DC 4000 or Tunze 1073 DC pump as well!

kz_revolution_s.gif

BattleAthletics

What kind of substrate did you end up replacing it with? Live sand or the dry sand?

Hmm thats wierd I was following this topic last year, idk why im not now. Anyways, subscribed again.

Is your flounder or small HT still alive?

Working at an LFS explains the unique stocking list.

I get very compulsive when a new shipment comes in...

Is your flounder or small HT still alive?

Working at an LFS explains the unique stocking list.

I get very compulsive when a new shipment comes in...

Tusk is doing awesome hasn't harmed anything. Hasn't grown much either. My flounder ran into the vortech.... Current fish list is the following:

- Starcki Damsel

- Sapphire Damsel

- Japanese Plesiops

- Harlequin Tusk

- Radiant Wrasse

- Percula Pair (Fem. S.A. Onyx , Male Wild PNG)

- Tricolor Anthias

- Picket Fence Cardinal

- Palani Bristletooth tang

Working at a fish store is awesome.... I was pretty impulsive when I first starting working in the trade and going up to LA every week but over the years got over throwing stuff in my tank. Now its just fun to spend someone else's money. Last week I got a MASSIVE Goldflake angel (at a killer price), Golden Sapo Puffer, Mysis eating Lavartus B/F, GIANT Hybrid Yellow/Scopas tang, pellet eating Pinniatus Batfish, and more corals and anemones that I could fit in my Tacoma. My co-worker had to sit with stuff on his lap :lol:

What kind of substrate did you end up replacing it with? Live sand or the dry sand?

Hmm thats wierd I was following this topic last year, idk why im not now. Anyways, subscribed again.

I used Carib-Sea (dry) crushed coral. I soaked it in RO/DI and Lanthium Chloride for a few hours and rinsed 10 times at work. WORST MISTAKE EVER. My PO4 spiked and killed/browned alot of nice SPS. I should have soaked for at least a few weeks before dropping it in. After a few dozen water changes, the Zeovit picked up the slack and i'm on the road to recovery.

Working at a fish store is awesome.... I was pretty impulsive when I first starting working in the trade and going up to LA every week but over the years got over throwing stuff in my tank. Now its just fun to spend someone else's money. Last week I got a MASSIVE Goldflake angel (at a killer price), Golden Sapo Puffer, Mysis eating Lavartus B/F, GIANT Hybrid Yellow/Scopas tang, pellet eating Pinniatus Batfish, and more corals and anemones that I could fit in my Tacoma. My co-worker had to sit with stuff on his lap :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa. Larvatus = Dream Fish.

Who got it? What supplier? Pic? Lol I'm geeking out.

We don't get too (m)any in the east...

Ill try to take a picture tomorrow. I can't name my sources, but their pretty frequent at the importers. IMO, they import way too many and their doomed to die. Out of the 10 they had, this one was the only one who was picking at food. I usually go with some pellets or food in my pockets, I throw it in and net out the winner. It's how I get pellet eating moorish idols and the whatnot too.

Ill try to take a picture tomorrow. I can't name my sources, but their pretty frequent at the importers. IMO, they import way too many and their doomed to die. Out of the 10 they had, this one was the only one who was picking at food. I usually go with some pellets or food in my pockets, I throw it in and net out the winner. It's how I get pellet eating moorish idols and the whatnot too.

I understand, that's why I got excited.

Archived