Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

Not good to run the ro straight to the sump, I dumped the first gallon down the sink when I ran an ro/di. Also, just ro is the 3rd best water source behind ro/di and distilled.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks brs is normally good with that stuffyou can always just let them refund you and keep the netting and run to home depot and pick up the corners and the straight channels and be just fine.

fretfreak13

That sucks brs is normally good with that stuffyou can always just let them refund you and keep the netting and run to home depot and pick up the corners and the straight channels and be just fine.

It wasn't BRS, it was definitely UPS. The box itself was damaged right where the frames were bent. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll wind up doing though. =)

Call BRS. They will have minimum insurance on the shipment ($99). They will decide whether to make a claim against UPS or if they will just replace the shipment. They may or may not have you ship the damaged product back.

fretfreak13

Sadly I wont really be able to call them until Tuesday. I work 11-7, and their offices close at five. I'm off Tuesday so I'll do it then.

Alright guys. I have plumbed my tank. Ready to pick apart my probable abomination? Nothing is glued yet, cause I'm sure I butchered it SOMEHOW. Looks good to me... :rolleyes:

It wasn't BRS, it was definitely UPS. The box itself was damaged right where the frames were bent. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll wind up doing though. =)

Yeah BRS packs their stuff good, but they have to decide how they want to make a claim to UPS on it...or if its not worth the time they'll just replace/refund...I've been working with fedex fot a month to get a refund on something they damaged.

Sadly I wont really be able to call them until Tuesday. I work 11-7, and their offices close at five. I'm off Tuesday so I'll do it then.

Alright guys. I have plumbed my tank. Ready to pick apart my probable abomination? Nothing is glued yet, cause I'm sure I butchered it SOMEHOW. Looks good to me... :rolleyes:

Pics or it didn't happen

Email them. Doesn't have to be a call.

Following. I know nothing about builds but between you and Gena you guys will have this down. You guys both have large projects with lots of DIY.

fretfreak13

haha mine doesn't have a ton of DIY. I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, which is why my co-worker will be the one comming out to install the float valves and hang my lights. Hopefully sometime this week! Once my stepdad puts the GFI in I can put water in this bad boy! I did get the top fixed, but I just went to home depot and bought new frame. I know...stupid. Wish I just ordered the clear screen from BRS, but oh well. Live and learn. I only paid seven bucks for the replacement frames, and I figured that would be a lot easier than waiting for new ones or doing whatever BRS customer service would want from me. Meh, whatever...

haha mine doesn't have a ton of DIY. I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, which is why my co-worker will be the one comming out to install the float valves and hang my lights. Hopefully sometime this week! Once my stepdad puts the GFI in I can put water in this bad boy! I did get the top fixed, but I just went to home depot and bought new frame. I know...stupid. Wish I just ordered the clear screen from BRS, but oh well. Live and learn. I only paid seven bucks for the replacement frames, and I figured that would be a lot easier than waiting for new ones or doing whatever BRS customer service would want from me. Meh, whatever...

Sucks about the crappy shipping, perhaps BRS will refund you 7 bucks to cover the frames.

Sounds and looks like you definitely had enough stress with that bracket biz. At least you're past that but I know what it's like when you're expecting something, you're so high and excited just to feel totally deflated after. :wacko:

fretfreak13

Haha I will take some shots of Chunk at work tomorrow just for you. In the meantime, here's a little photodump. Its been rough not having a big tank to play with. I currently have a 2g Fluval Spec that houses my dear little mantis shrimp, Judith. Not to toot my own horn, but her tank USED to be one of the nicest picos around town. Since the big project began I've really been neglecting it. I sold/gave away all of my more difficult corals because I anticipated the neglect and started collecting zoanthids because I knew they could handle it. lol Plus..who doesn't love zoas?! So far, if my IDs with the silly name game are correct, I have Fire and Ice, Alpha and Omega, Blowpops, Mean Greens, Red People Eaters, Green Bay Packers, and some other one I haven't quite IDed yet (bright gold skirt, electric orange center to the right of the alphas/omegas). The only reason I even bother is because I do plan to sell/ship zoas once I get the tank situated and the zeo started.

Its been rough seeing beautiful pieces come and go through the store (especially ultra euphyllia and trachys, my weak spots), but I have had to let them go. I grit my teeth and nab all the nice zoas, but soon....soon

Current FTS

a865.jpg

These suckers will be hung up soon!
ij9d.jpg

Towel rack =)

359p.jpg

Don't know why these next two are so blurry, but a little rack that will eventually hold my Zeo bottles.
zo17.jpg

Again, blurry. Plumbing is in, as well as a big-ole powerstrip!
n7o2.jpg

I did eventually get the screen top done. =)
qoyv.jpg

First off, a picture of the pico before I started neglecting it. Frogspawn was kind of closed up in this picture, normally it covered the entire back wall on the left side.

cimg0756j.jpg

Size reference to my hand of my teensy tank.
8lxr.jpg

Close up of my newest additions. =) Alpha and Omega? I think so.
mke2.jpg

FTS of the Spec. Excuse the caulerpa. Neglected, remember? lol Hey, its helping with nitrates, no? Judith lives in the bottom left corner where that feather duster is.
le6n.jpg

My camera gets confused when I do this, but blues only.
717e.jpg

Once the 80 is up and running, these zoas will go in there, Judith will make her way to her new owner ZROGST, and this tank will be stripped down, massively cleaned, and refilled to make way for these little guys. =)

26.jpg

jedimasterben

I woudln't even start playing that damn name game, you're better off without it, just buy what is pretty :)

fretfreak13

I woudln't even start playing that damn name game, you're better off without it, just buy what is pretty :)

Oh I do! lol I see something pretty, buy it, then try to attach the name. Never will I go in the store like "oh hai I want hornets" and then not look at anything else. When it comes to selling frags though, its a lot easier if they have their "name". Other than for sale purposes I couldn't give a crap. lol The green dragon eye zoas are some of my favorites, even though most people give those away. They're just so beautiful!

Angel<3Nanos

Woah! Your tank is going to look epic! :)

I will definitely follow this!

Also, the store you work at looks amazing!

fretfreak13

Haha thanks Angel =) I actually just got finished reading your thread to the end. You can add me to your list of female nano-nerds. I'm a cosplayer, love anime, big time gamer, etc. lol

BattleAthletics

Ok whenever you frag a piece of a high end zoa/paly let me know without knowing the name. I want it cheap too brah

Angel<3Nanos
Haha thanks Angel =) I actually just got finished reading your thread to the end. You can add me to your list of female nano-nerds. I'm a cosplayer, love anime, big time gamer, etc. lol

Ohmygawd!!! Yay! Someone I can talk nerd with!! :D

What's your fav anime!?

fretfreak13

Ok whenever you frag a piece of a high end zoa/paly let me know without knowing the name. I want it cheap too brah

With what you've helped me with, you're welcome to a frag of anything I have regardless of what it's called. xD

Ohmygawd!!! Yay! Someone I can talk nerd with!! :D What's your fav anime!?

I'm really into shingeki no kyojin right now and working on a cosplay for that. Also working on a couple cosplay for Mai and Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. Also big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Butler, and Angel Beats. Started watching Bleach, but its wayyyyy too long lol I know most of what's going on with Naruto, but same problem as Bleach. My boyfriend is up to date on that one though. I like my Animes to have a friggin end. lol

Archived