ReefCleaners.org

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

jedimasterben

Ok whenever you frag a piece of a high end zoa/paly let me know without knowing the name. I want it cheap too brah

I've never paid more than $5 per polyp of any zoa or paly, and named stuff I usually get 8-10 heads for $5-10. Red people eaters, green people eaters, fire and ice, Miami vice, rasta, etc. I have several that were given to me and have developed into stuff that was eventually named and command a ridiculous price.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fretfreak13

I've never paid more than $5 per polyp of any zoa or paly, and named stuff I usually get 8-10 heads for $5-10. Red people eaters, green people eaters, fire and ice, Miami vice, rasta, etc. I have several that were given to me and have developed into stuff that was eventually named and command a ridiculous price.

Agreed! Zoas grown under halides and zoas grown under LEDs are sooooo different with their colors. I know you're the LED king and I'm not trying to get into a discussion about that because you'll torch my ass, but just from what I've seen in person working at a store. Our wholesalers have halides. We get stunners from them, and then in a week they look...sad. Trying to adjust I know, but I'm planning on having a frag tank in the future with a little sunpod or something to take to swaps with me. Put the frags I intend to sell in there a few months before and let them fix their colors. Unless zeovit does it for me, but I wont know until I get water in this friggin thing! >.<

Attack on Titan is pretty good. Also liking Gargantia. Avatar and Fullmetal Alchemist are classics. Have you seen old Momo from the upcoming season? Adorableeeee.

Lol ima hayate the combat butler fan myself ....oh or of course gotta love fruits basket...it's just too adorable! Uhm....but all time favorite will always be inuyasha. That's my childhood right there. Haha

fretfreak13

Ermagherrrdddd, you like olllldddss haha. Also love the DBZ.

Iuyasha

Kagome

Inuyasha

Kagome

INUYASHA
KAGOME

INUYASHA

KAGOOOOOOMMEEEEE

Every damn episode.. But yes, classic. Haha when it was on Adult Swim many moons ago and I was just a wee lass I taped them, I have every episode on a home made VHS. lol The original pirate bay. xD

Beebes, do you mean Korra? o.O Speaking of, I can't wait for more of dat ish to air. lol

jedimasterben

Agreed! Zoas grown under halides and zoas grown under LEDs are sooooo different with their colors. I know you're the LED king and I'm not trying to get into a discussion about that because you'll torch my ass, but just from what I've seen in person working at a store. Our wholesalers have halides. We get stunners from them, and then in a week they look...sad. Trying to adjust I know, but I'm planning on having a frag tank in the future with a little sunpod or something to take to swaps with me. Put the frags I intend to sell in there a few months before and let them fix their colors. Unless zeovit does it for me, but I wont know until I get water in this friggin thing! >.<

Well, wholesalers have halides simply because they already had them, and they don't hold anything long enough for it to really matter, just something to keep them from croaking before they ship them out (or sell them local).

Zoas mostly lose color immediately because they're kept under low-CRI white LED-based fixtures - such as the Radion, AI fixtures, etc. There will be some color shifts over time as they adjust to the new lighting in some cases, but that takes a very long time to do.

Zeovit, if working as advertised, will make them less colorful, so keep that in mind.

fretfreak13

As you probably saw, I'm on the Radion boat. I'm probably not going to jump off of said boat, but I do love a good education. "low-CRI white LED", want to paraphrase that for a lighting moron? lol I'm sure you have before, and I honestly try to follow your lighting debates, but they seriously are just so much higher than I am in tech talk.

I should have worded that differently, too. Most of our coral wholesalers are farms that grow out a lot of their own stuff, so normally they have them for awhile. They of course import too, but I really do think the halides have a lot to do with it. But, like I've said, I don't know anything for sake of argument, just what I see and try to interpret myself.

I've also seen some damn nice colors on zoas in zeo systems like the ones I have on my first post. I'll repost the picture though. ULNS would make them dull, but I think its the amino acids and stuff that are added into the system later that help them color. From my basic understanding, the ULNS part of zeovit is designed to remove phosphates, but while it does that it also strips the tank of good things, which you add back in with other stuff. This would be a question for Christine (Nanotopia) >.>

IMG_0009.jpg

Angel<3Nanos

My wife is an inuyasha/ranma1/2 lol and im of course NARUTO fan. I can't say im otaku but sortof lol favorites are black Butler, darker than black, chobits, blood, bleach, reborn, another, sword art online, SOUL EATER, DEATH NOTE, one piece, fairy tail, baka no tesuto... omg If I name them all Ill take forever lol

Tho I've cosplayed as itachi, L, and death the kid. :) plus many more.

fretfreak13

Oh lordy I forgot soul eater! Although the anime ending was..just no. I gotta go pick up the stupid mangas now. -_-

fretfreak13

Its on netflix, dear. I've also watched that one, but not all the way through. I like it, but tyler didn't so we stopped watching. I meant to pick it back up, but totally forgot about it. lol

Angel<3Nanos

Best anime ever is death note. Hands down. Lol

Edit: nope its naruto. Freaken hated "near" in death note ugggh.

The shows on Netflix? All the eps? I don't think there's as many eps and books yet. I'm on the last book. I think 7? Idk when they come out in the us I buy them

fretfreak13

I'm not even gonna ask what you people are talking about...... :wacko:

Haha TV shows. xD Sorry, this thread has gone to the dogs nerds.

jedimasterben

As you probably saw, I'm on the Radion boat. I'm probably not going to jump off of said boat, but I do love a good education. "low-CRI white LED", want to paraphrase that for a lighting moron? lol I'm sure you have before, and I honestly try to follow your lighting debates, but they seriously are just so much higher than I am in tech talk.

CRI means color rendering index, basically it's how closely a light source is able to render colors. Under 70 is very poor (most Chinese LEDs are in that category), and anything 80 or higher is getting very close to accurate colors. The LEDs used in pretty much every available fixture on the market use cool white LEDs, which have a CRI from 60-75ish, usually around 70. Neutral white LEDs, which should be used in all cases over a reef tank, have a CRI of 80-90, and produce excellent coloration.

Unfortunately for reefers, CREE is the big name in LEDs as far as reef lighting goes (though they are not considered the best in the industry, nor the most efficient, nor most cost effective), and while Cree does make some higher-CRI white LEDs, good luck finding them, as they are in a very expensive bin (binning is where they sort the 'good' LEDs from the 'not so good' LEDs as far as color and output, and price accordingly). Even their neutral white LEDs that you can purchase singly from nearly any 'reef LED lighting' shop are around 70-75, and I wouldn't be surprised if those used in the Radion are less than 70.

I should have worded that differently, too. Most of our coral wholesalers are farms that grow out a lot of their own stuff, so normally they have them for awhile. They of course import too, but I really do think the halides have a lot to do with it. But, like I've said, I don't know anything for sake of argument, just what I see and try to interpret myself.

If they're farms, again they use halides because they already have them set up and they are easy. There are a LOT of farms that are switching to LEDs, though, and typically the ultra-low CRI Chinese fixtures that are all over ebay. But they're not worried about color, they want growth, and LEDs can provide far more growth potential (PUR) than any halide could dream of, I don't care what make, color, or intensity. I have a set of four LED that can provide more actinic light than any 400w halide using less than 50w.

I've also seen some damn nice colors on zoas in zeo systems like the ones I have on my first post. I'll repost the picture though. ULNS would make them dull, but I think its the amino acids and stuff that are added into the system later that help them color. From my basic understanding, the ULNS part of zeovit is designed to remove phosphates, but while it does that it also strips the tank of good things, which you add back in with other stuff. This would be a question for Christine (Nanotopia) >.>

IMG_0009.jpg

The amounts added with standard Zeo supplements are so minuscule in most cases that they are removed via skimming long before any corals can take it in, especially anything containing amino acids, which break down in an insanely short amount of time (even faster when at reef temperatures and exposed to bright light) and are removed even quicker via an efficient skimmer.

It would be much better to do the 'low nutrient' part of Zeovit but use no supplements, and instead feeding a very high protein mix of fresh seafoods. You wouldn't have the lightening of any corals (instead an increase in vibrancy) in addition to higher growth rates approaching 40cm per year in stony corals. Look up 'pappone' for more information on that.

The only Japanese cartoon I could tolerate was Cowboy Bebop. My soon to be brother in law is really in to anime, so I let him watch some stuff while he was over. Why does everyone glow? How the hell does all that hair stay in place when you're being pile driven in to a mountain? Why doesn't any one ever change their damn clothes? Why are they all ways shouting about what they're going to do in stead if just doing it? If some glowing a-hole with an 80's hair band sense of style started shouting "Noodle no mitsubishi" and then proceeded to run/punch in my general direction, I'd either take off, or strangle him with his own gravity defying locks. Or wait for him to trip over his own absurd and more than likely disgusting clothing, what ever came first. I'm just sayin'.

Angel<3Nanos

Bleach Manga for the win Omg new one comes out at midnight

Oh my! I need to catch up soon lol

Japanese cartoon

D: Anime is NOT a cartoon! How dare you! Lol

Its kay. But seriously it's anime. :)

Archived