Top Shelf Aquatics

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

fretfreak13

I already go home every weekend to work at the store and do my laundry, so I'll take care of the big stuff then. Water change, change filter sock, empty skimmer cup if it'll last a week. If not, I'll hook it up to a larger, external collection area. I'm also going to start going home on wednesdays as well to do my bi-weekly manual dosing. It will have an ATO and Bubble Magus doser for two part cal and alk, and also Zeobac3. My dad is very good with fish, but sadly he doesn't live with me.

My mom and step dad are willing to feed these guys, but not much else. I will make feeding as easy as possible by getting one of those things that old people use to keep track of their daily pills to set up food rations for the dry food. For frozen, I will do the same, but with a small ice cube tray. I'm not 100% on this yet, but it'll probably be frozen food in the AM, and dry in the PM. Something like that...

Also going to have to teach them how to pump the mulm out of the reactor every day, but thats easy too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BattleAthletics

At first I said hmm I think the DB30 would be good, plus id like to minimize my WC's. Now that I see this tank......im not so sure anymore.

My dad literally just started to pinch food into my tank this morning.... He's in charge of the FW tank so he thought he could do the SW too... uh no....he's killed off my guppies. HOW DO YOU KILL A GUPPY? lol I couldn't trust him with Milo and Flick. Poor fish :/

reminds me of the time I asked my mom to feed my convict cichlid...I came home to find the tank covered in slime because she overfed it. luckily for me the fish survived. she used to play games with me and would let me pet her RIP T_T

sorry about your guppies :/

fretfreak13

At first I said hmm I think the DB30 would be good, plus id like to minimize my WC's. Now that I see this tank......im not so sure anymore.

It really is a beautiful tank and when you see it in person it'll take your breath away...and thats empty! =)

jadedanime
reminds me of the time I asked my mom to feed my convict cichlid...I came home to find the tank covered in slime because she overfed it. luckily for me the fish survived. she used to play games with me and would let me pet her RIP T_T

sorry about your guppies :/

It happens.... Actually I am kinda forced to work away from home right now.... So we are doing the freezer bags Iof food every three days until I come home lol. Hoping for the best. I'm sure there will be a major water change when I get back.

• 3 weeks later...
fretfreak13

Update time. The tank is now at my house sitting in my living room in its permanent spot. It has no water in it yet, and today I went to pick up a forty breeder for a sump. After literally pulling the doors off of the stand, putting it in sideways and doing everything in my damn power to make this work, the center brace on the tank will not allow me to use this stupid tank... I DID measure it, but obviously I did it wrong. I am so upset right now I'm about to friggin cry...

Gramophone

Don't cry! Just think about how awesome this tank will be in the near future :happy:

Good luck with everything. I'll be tagging along for this.

fretfreak13

Don't cry! Just think about how awesome this tank will be in the near future :happy:

Good luck with everything. I'll be tagging along for this.

Thanks... Ugh I don't even want to look at it right now. I had to pull the stand apart and everything to try to get it to go it, but the final part that was an issue I couldn't remove because the screws are under the finish. I just want to go to bed, but I can't leave all these pieces parts laying around my living room. If my mom wakes up to that, she'll probably throw the whole tank on the tree lawn. lol

You got it, that's exciting!

After literally pulling the doors off of the stand, putting it in sideways and doing everything in my damn power to make this work, the center brace on the tank will not allow me to use this stupid tank.

Do you have a picture of this? Maybe we can come up with a solution.

I'm sorry, I know how that must feel.

I had to pull the stand apart and everything to try to get it to go it, but the final part that was an issue I couldn't remove because the screws are under the finish.

Can you actually see the screws?
fretfreak13

No, not for the center brace. I can try to take some pictures, hang on let me go out to my car and get my camera.

fretfreak13

My mess. You can see the side door I pulled off in the back left leaning against the wall.

img0071yl.jpg

Tight fit, the tank is sitting on its side. It wont go in rightside up at all.
img0072jh.jpg

Front view of the sideways tank. I cant turn it because of the center brace.
img0073cc.jpg

No screws visible on the brace. They're under the finish...
img0074iui.jpg

Same on the inside of the stand.
img0075ft.jpg

Seabass, save me! ='(
img0077em.jpg

:lol:

There has to be a way to take off the corner braces, and/or the center brace. However, you don't want to rush or force it.

First thing is to take the tank off of the stand so you can turn it on its side and see how it's put together. I'm assuming that it came assembled. Is somebody still up that can help you move the tank?

fretfreak13

Oh, actually the tank WAS off the stand while I was really messing with this. I can move it myself...sorta. I put it back when I threw in the towel.

Actually, I'm home alone. So, you want me to actually turn the stand on its side you say? Okay...just a sec. I'll take a picture of the bottom of it for you.

I see there are screws on the corner braces. If you could take one of the corners off, do you think you could slide it in upright?

BattleAthletics

Dont help her let her mom throw the tank in the yard......ill be there to retrieve it.

Thanks... Ugh I don't even want to look at it right now. I had to pull the stand apart and everything to try to get it to go it, but the final part that was an issue I couldn't remove because the screws are under the finish. I just want to go to bed, but I can't leave all these pieces parts laying around my living room. If my mom wakes up to that, she'll probably throw the whole tank on the tree lawn. lol

LOOK AT THE STAND. LET THE MOTHER THROW THE TANK ON THE TREE LAWN!

Seabass, save me! ='(

img0077em.jpg

Yessss yeesssss excelllent!

6jve.jpg

fretfreak13

Dont help her let her mom throw the tank in the yard......ill be there to retrieve it.

LOOK AT THE STAND. LET THE MOTHER THROW THE TANK ON THE TREE LAWN!

Yessss yeesssss excelllent!

6jve.jpg

You're so mean. :( lol

I see there are screws on the corner braces. If you could take one of the corners off, do you think you could slide it in upright?

I tried that. Those screws aren't even threaded, they're like..."lock" screws. Something really strange that I've never seen before. I can turn them slightly both left and right, but then they stop. They're also the size of a nickel.

here's the bottom of the stand. I am removing the foot that's connected to the center brace right now to see if I can budge it that way. Thanks for telling me to turn the stand over!

55frqf.jpg

BattleAthletics

Please please take pictures if you are going to remove anything lol

Whyd you get the stand DBP makes?>!?!@ XD

Those screws aren't even threaded, they're like..."lock" screws. Something really strange that I've never seen before. I can turn them slightly both left and right, but then they stop. They're also the size of a nickel.

I think that's how it's assembled. When you turn it one way it locks it in place, the other way unlocks it. Let me see if I can find a link for you. Can you get a closer pic of these "screws"?
BattleAthletics

You're so mean. :( lol

2qvbnfr.jpg

The screws you are talking about lock into another screws. Furniture screws. They only do a quarter turn. if you can remove them after the quarter turn. PLEASE dont over turn them or youll bend the fragile alluminum theyre made of. then youll see the other screw.

fretfreak13

Please please take pictures if you are going to remove anything lol

Whyd you get the stand DBP makes?>!?!@ XD

Because I didn't know any better and I can't DIY a sandwich. My friend just bought a 110g made by a different company thats the exact same footprint but three inches taller. HER friggin stand doesn't have a damn center brace.

The foot's screw only held the foot in place. Nothing to do with the center brace... that one is under the finish.

2w1sjr4.jpg

2qvbnfr.jpg

The screws you are talking about lock into another screws. Furniture screws. They only do a quarter turn. if you can remove them after the quarter turn. PLEASE dont over turn them or youll bend the fragile alluminum theyre made of. then youll see the other screw.

Yup. That emoticon was obviously designed after me. lol

I will try that! How do you recommend actually pulling them out though? They seem pretty snug..

BattleAthletics

furniture_cam_lock_screw_screws_cam_furn

THEY ARE CALLED CAM SCREWS I JUST GOT SOME OF THESE TO REDO SOME FURNITURE!

10_10_furniture_screw_lock_minifix_cam_f

Cam_Lock_Image.jpg

Do they look like that?

fretfreak13

THEY ARE CALLED CAM SCREWS I JUST GOT SOME OF THESE TO REDO SOME FURNITURE!

10_10_furniture_screw_lock_minifix_cam_f

Cam_Lock_Image.jpg

Do they look like that?

Uh...yeah kinda. o.O So if I do the half turnon all of them, it should just pop off?

I'm thinking it might be easiest to remove the top piece and lower the sump in.

No screws visible for the top at all.

Archived