Cultivated Reef

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

fretfreak13

She really is. I used to be disappointed with her because I've always wanted one of the striped ones. When I saw her steal mysis out of a scolys mouth at the store though I took her home even though she was a target. I'm so glad I did. She has the cutest, friendliest personality! Most people with mandarins say they don't see theirs for days at a time, but not me. She follows me around everywhere!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fretfreak13

Oh, I do. ;) About 40%, give or take, but it also depends on how generous my manager is feeling that day.

I also picked up my first two dry rocks for the tank! I'm at 11lbs now out of about 60. I want to do a minimalist scape, especially because the tank is so shallow. Gotta give them acros space to grow up! I'm at school now, so I'll take pictures of the pieces when I get home. Its nice to have first pick of rock too!

I will have a lid, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it look good. I will most likely be using the DIY screen top kit from BRS.

I will have a lid, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it look good. I will most likely be using the DIY screen top kit from BRS.

You could perhaps use the BRS kit with these. Fit the kit to the inside of the rim for a slimmer profile.

fretfreak13

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just have to make sure I can find ones to fit over the exact size of the glass on this tank. Not sure if I can find them in different sizes like that, or if I have to make my own.Or I may stick a little extra dab of silicone in the corners so that it'll sit on the silicone. Shouldn't be noticeable at all.

fretfreak13

Oh I know...darn me for lovin the wrasses. :closedeyes: I'm going to try the silicone bead first to see if that'll work before I invest in the little clips.

I'm tagging along too...

it's nice to see other college reefers going ham!

you clearly have way more passion and are really bright eyed about this hobby, I foresee nothing but the best...

keep at it!!!

Aj

fretfreak13

D'aw, thanks guys. =) Saltwater is kind of my life. I used to work at a public aquarium, now I work at the LFS, and I maintain tanks as well. I'm a biology major as well. lol

fretfreak13

Thank you. I didn't build them myself, but there are only four employees that work the store, including the owner. I take a lot of pride in just being a part of such a great place! =)

fretfreak13

Probably around 10"? He's a very slow mover, as you could probably imagine. I'm sure I could throw a ruler up against the tank and measure him. He's about 4" wide, give...but not take! lol

Blubbernaut

Probably around 10"? He's a very slow mover, as you could probably imagine. I'm sure I could throw a ruler up against the tank and measure him. He's about 4" wide, give...but not take! lol

I'm kinda surprised he can even swim......

fretfreak13

I'll take a video. lol

We just swapped out one of the MP40s on that tank for another MP60 (there are two of them now!), so maybe that'll help him slim down. lol

fts42813_zpsd8525401.jpg

Heres some more inspiration...from a deep blue 80....now lets see some updates :P

Also I run 3 mp10s on my DB80. So yes mp10s work as its 3/8ths glass...id also suggest amag drive 9.5 instead of the 7. The 7 is to slow. You wont get the water level high enough and youll get gurgling. It is to slow

Archived