Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

fretfreak13

Would you get a deal on the old MP40s?

Maybe. I didn't even think to ask what he was using it for now, but I have a feeling since he maintains so many tanks for people someone else probably already has it! lol I will ask though to at least see, but I'm really worried the MP40 won't allow me to have a sandbed.

fts42813_zpsd8525401.jpg

Heres some more inspiration...from a deep blue 80....now lets see some updates :P

Also I run 3 mp10s on my DB80. So yes mp10s work as its 3/8ths glass...id also suggest amag drive 9.5 instead of the 7. The 7 is to slow. You wont get the water level high enough and youll get gurgling. It is to slow

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing, that is stunning!!! I will definitely take your advice on the return pump, and I measured the glass yesterday so I know it would work, but thanks for further quelling my fears on that.

I just subscribed to your thread. I love your html formatting! I wish I knew how to be fancy like that. lol

Still no major updates. I ran out of money on my dining plan for school, but there's only two weeks left and then I start full time (with a raise!) at the store. Things will really get moving then. I am selling my Micro-reefs tank to fund this project and I think a fellow NR member from Iowa will be trading an MP10 and some cash for it. The livestock from that tank is being scattered around the local area to friends and the store this weekend so I can get moving on that. Now to figure out how to ship it...

I also have about 20 lbs of rock for this tank so far, 10 dry and 10 live. The majority of the rock will start as base rock for money reasons.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. I didn't even think to ask what he was using it for now, but I have a feeling since he maintains so many tanks for people someone else probably already has it! lol I will ask though to at least see, but I'm really worried the MP40 won't allow me to have a sandbed.

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing, that is stunning!!! I will definitely take your advice on the return pump, and I measured the glass yesterday so I know it would work, but thanks for further quelling my fears on that.

I just subscribed to your thread. I love your html formatting! I wish I knew how to be fancy like that. lol

Still no major updates. I ran out of money on my dining plan for school, but there's only two weeks left and then I start full time (with a raise!) at the store. Things will really get moving then. I am selling my Micro-reefs tank to fund this project and I think a fellow NR member from Iowa will be trading an MP10 and some cash for it. The livestock from that tank is being scattered around the local area to friends and the store this weekend so I can get moving on that. Now to figure out how to ship it...

I also have about 20 lbs of rock for this tank so far, 10 dry and 10 live. The majority of the rock will start as base rock for money reasons.

Thanks man. If you need more rock. Order skme pukani from brs. You get alot for the money. Like mine above only has 37lbs.

As far as the bbcoding

This creats bullet lists[List][*]list item[*]list item[/list]This makes a picture[Img=picture html link]This hides content that you place between tags[Spoiler] place content here [/spoiler][Media] youtube link [/media]Bold[B]words [/b]
There is a bunch more just google bbcodes :)
fretfreak13

Oh I'm pretty fairly versed with BBC, I just didn't know the spoiler one.

Oh, and I'm a lady. ;) I would order the pukani if I didn't get such a good deal on the dry rock at the store I work at...lol

Question. Been reading through your thread, but if I didn't get to this part yet forgive me. I see on your stocklist that you have wrasses. What did you do for a lid, how does it look, do you have pictures, and if you did it again would you do it any differently? I was going to use a BRS screen top kit.

My bad lady haha.

I used the brs screen top

20130214_121727_zps395b0ba4.jpg

I wouldn't use anything different lol because I did ob previous tanks and it was whack

fretfreak13

My bad lady haha. I used the brs screen top 20130214_121727_zps395b0ba4.jpg I wouldn't use anything different lol because I did ob previous tanks and it was whack

Oh shaweeeett! That looks much nicer than I thought it would. I was worried.

Is it just sitting on top where it could easily slide around? I see you have cats (very pretty!), and so do I. Any of yours tried to jump up there yet? I figure she only has to do it once and go swimming to get the message...lol

Let me pick your brain for a second. I was thinking rather than just having it sit on top, to cut it slightly shorter so it sits on the inside of the tank. I was going to strategically place a dab of silicone (or use those plastic clips) in the corners of the tank for the top to sit on. The only issue I can find with this is the overflow. That way it would keep the "rimless" idea and also not slide around. Thoughts?

Oh shaweeeett! That looks much nicer than I thought it would. I was worried.

Is it just sitting on top where it could easily slide around? I see you have cats (very pretty!), and so do I. Any of yours tried to jump up there yet? I figure she only has to do it once and go swimming to get the message...lol

Let me pick your brain for a second. I was thinking rather than just having it sit on top, to cut it slightly shorter so it sits on the inside of the tank. I was going to strategically place a dab of silicone (or use those plastic clips) in the corners of the tank for the top to sit on. The only issue I can find with this is the overflow. That way it would keep the "rimless" idea and also not slide around. Thoughts?

When I trimmed the netting I left about 3/16th past the spline so that the net actually holda itself on the inside rim of the tank so it doesnt slide around.

As far as my cat I held her ass over the tank with water moving full blast. Shes afraid of the top but loves to watch the front

fretfreak13

As far as my cat I held her ass over the tank with water moving full blast. Shes afraid of the top but loves to watch the front

Good idea. I will do that as well. Maybe dunk her feet in. lol

So many notifications!!!

Ahem. And poor kitty!! I'm worried about my cats fiddling with my tank when I move it back, but you guys just gave me an idea... ;)

Except I have a lot of cats to go through...

Oh I know all seven of mine will be very interested... even the one with a lame leg with my dying to get onto the mantle I'm sure.

My dog can't jump that high. He also poops outside. Winner. You have to love these deep blue frag tanks, if it had been wider I would have grabbed one myself.

My dog can't jump that high. He also poops outside. Winner. You have to love these deep blue frag tanks, if it had been wider I would have grabbed one myself.

Lol I forgot about my dog. And my bird. He likes bathes... Geez I'm going to have to train all my animals.

Blubbernaut

Lol I forgot about my dog. And my bird. He likes bathes... Geez I'm going to have to train all my animals.

Have fun with that. My two cats are to lazy to walk to the tank to check it out and my dog is unintelligent enough to where she won't look up at it.

My cats are the schizo kind that take off running for no reason and then stop to stare at the bird, who then will chase them away lol

fretfreak13

lol I also have four dogs, but they wont pay attention. My cats also poop outside.

They are so pretty, and they really catch your eye in person.

Blubbernaut

lol I also have four dogs, but they wont pay attention. My cats also poop outside.

They are so pretty, and they really catch your eye in person.

Dang, woman. How many friggin animals do you have?!?!

fretfreak13

Did I miss a picture of the actual tank? Which tank are you getting?

cimg0840p.jpg

The one in the middle with the ecotech brochures in it.=)

Dang, woman. How many friggin animals do you have?!?!

A lot, but they're separated between two houses. My 'rents are divorced, but only live a street away from eachother. The animals occasionally switch houses, but its mostly just the cats. lol

mrhighline

I like the dimensions on the Deep blue 80 ... My fish guy has one. I say fish guy cause his store is in his garage ... Low over head = Killer prices.

fretfreak13

That's how the store I work for started. My boss started selling coral out of the boiler room in a preschool building his parents own. He saved up the money and now owns one of the most successful lfs in northeast Ohio! His prices went up when he got the storefront of course, but he can't help that. Take advantage of it while you can! Lol

fretfreak13
My LFS had that tank for sale. I snapped a pic of it awhile ago. shallowreef006.jpgFYI Deep Blue bulk heads SUCK. :)

There she is! Lol. Mine doesn't have the sump though, I'm making it out of a 30 long. How come on the bulkhead?

Holy cow! 5 cats and 4 dogs! I have a stray cat living with me atm which is tooooo many and I only have 3 including her. She gets a new home in like 2 weeks though.

Waiting for this to get wet *taps foot*. omgomgomg

fretfreak13

Waiting for this to get wet *taps foot*. omgomgomg

You and me BOTH. Its finals week, then I start full time and really start pulling equipment off the shelves for this tank!

jadedanime

Finals week...pshaaa... See Fret you need to spend like three times as much in tuition and then you can get off a week before everybody else...like me! Lol

So ...uhh...speaking of college. This guy is obviously staying at home during the school year... You trust one of your rents to maintain this guy?

My dad literally just started to pinch food into my tank this morning.... He's in charge of the FW tank so he thought he could do the SW too... uh no....he's killed off my guppies. HOW DO YOU KILL A GUPPY? lol I couldn't trust him with Milo and Flick. Poor fish :/

Archived