SaltCritters.com

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

BattleAthletics

No you have to pull them out (That way you dont lose them) and as seabass said try removing the top piece if you cant get the back off or vice versa.

This is where google hangouts would be epic.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fretfreak13

No you have to pull them out (That way you dont lose them) and as seabass said try removing the top piece if you cant get the back off or vice versa.

This is where google hangouts would be epic.

How do you pull them out? Treat me like you're explaining this to a three year old.. >.>'

The cams for the top would be located in the back/sides (near the top). Unlock all of them and the top should lift off.

BattleAthletics

How do you pull them out? Treat me like you're explaining this to a three year old.. >.>'

You put your right foot in,

You put your right foot out,

You put your right foot in

And you shake it all about.

You do the Hokey Pokey

And you turn yourself around,

That's what it's all about.

Wait. My bad. Deer loard i appologise

How did you assemble the stand?

fretfreak13

You put your right foot in,

You put your right foot out,

You put your right foot in

And you shake it all about.

You do the Hokey Pokey

And you turn yourself around,

That's what it's all about.

Wait. My bad. Deer loard i appologise

How did you assemble the stand?

lol

It came assembled. :unsure: I work at my LFS and it was delivered assembled. Loaded that sucker up and set it in the living room.

The cams for the top would be located in the back/sides (near the top). Unlock all of them and the top should lift off.

Its working its working!!!!!!! BUT!!!! There is ONE that is effin stuck! Its unlocked, but it wont release... More options, my dear, wonderful carpentry gurus?

fretfreak13

mario.jpg

Fer real. They say these DB stands are poorly put together? I beg to friggin differ. -_-

I'm uploading more pictures, just a moment fellas.

Try locking and unlocking it. It might not be aligned. You might try slowly turning it a little each way while lifting up on the top.

fretfreak13

On another note, its 2:30 am, I'm still ####ing with this stand, and I think there's a BAT in my house! How it got in here I have no idea, but I'm not messing with it now. He better pay me rent!

It's working YAY!

2utolsz.jpg

The one all the way on the right is the one I think that's stuck.

a3ni94.jpg

Last, it feels like there's a lot of resistance where the brace is too besides the one thats stuck, but there are no cam screws there.

2w35fs2.jpg

fretfreak13

See if the top is drilled into the brace. If not maybe its glued?

Top is not drilled... Well #### if its glued then all of that was for nothing, huh..?

BattleAthletics

No it either has those wooden dowels with screws or completely glued. Either way break open that knife and see. This is where you put your big boy hat on.

Could the cams be on the front side of the center brace? There is a decorative face on the front which might be hiding them.

No it either has those wooden dowels with screws or completely glued. Either way break open that knife and see. This is where you put your big boy hat on.

Dowels would make the most sense.
fretfreak13

Alrighty then. Just hope I don't crack the front where its supposed to look nice. :unsure:

Could the cams be on the front side of the center brace? There is a decorative face on the front which might be hiding them.

Maybe, but how would I get that face off without messing it up? I actually am leaning more twords its glued. When I tugged on the rest of the cams they kind of seperated to where I could see the metal holding the pieces of wood together. This wont budge.

BattleAthletics

This wont budge.

It wont budge if its cam locked also. Look on the inside panes of the center braces. Maybe its hidden really well take a fleshlight and see.

fretfreak13

It wont budge if its cam locked also. Look on the inside panes of the center braces. Maybe its hidden really well take a fleshlight and see.

I did. I'm convinced its glued. I turned the lights off in the room, sat on the outside of the stand and shone a flashlight at the part where the brace and top meet. I could slightly see the light through, and didn't see anything solid between them like a dowel or the rod-looking part of the cam.

BattleAthletics

Take a look at the bottom of the center support and see if you can remove it from the bottom since you have the top off. If you can then bam boom pow.

I still vote the hulk smash method. Or tomorrow see whoever built the stand can tell you how they did it.

You might try using a hammer and tap up on the top to see if a gap appears. Place a scrape piece of wood on the surface that you are tapping, so you don't put ant marks on the stand. Don't hit too hard or you could crack the wood.

There isn't any cams on the bottom of the center brace is there?

fretfreak13

Take a look at the bottom of the center support and see if you can remove it from the bottom since you have the top off. If you can then bam boom pow.

I don't have the top off. I'm trying to get it entirely off to just lower the tank in from the top like seabass suggested. Ican't get the top off because of the glued center brace, but I'm trying to slice through that glue now. I think I need to write a review on the DB stands to contradict all the other people who say they are poorly built. lol

fretfreak13

You might try using a hammer and tap up on the top to see if a gap appears. Place a scrape piece of wood on the surface that you are tapping, so you don't put ant marks on the stand. Don't hit too hard or you could crack the wood.

There isn't any cams on the bottom of the center brace is there?

Maybe the cams are actually under the top.

I've wedged a butter knife between the brace and the top with a hammer. No cams, its definitely glue. @_@ Iwould LOVE to have this done by four am lol

BattleAthletics

lol the butter knife might damage it why not use a razor blade?

Do you have any wood glue available? Your gonna have to glue it back into place.

fretfreak13

ugh...you guys were right. It is a cam. I was shining a flashlight through when I had the knife in and it looked like glue. I think it was just bits of light colored wood shavings stuck around the cam. Now that I tried to hack at it with a knife, I shone the flashlight again and it reflected back at me. Must of knocked the shavings away, its metal. Sorry for doubting, the cam screw part is no where to be found though. Like seabass said,it may be behind the cover on the front but I don't think I can get it off.

Hi beebes. Welcome to my thread, which needs to be renamed now.... lol

Archived