SaltCritters.com

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

Finally got all my parts in and sat down look look at everything. I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

No problem. I found a video camera, so expect a video.

Also, my last final is over tomorrow, so I'll have more time open for projects. I need a credit card...:)

• Like 1

No problem. I found a video camera, so expect a video.

Also, my last final is over tomorrow, so I'll have more time open for projects. I need a credit card...:)

sweet.

Beware the purchasing power the credit card. It will drive you mad. Or into serious debt.

• Like 1

sweet.

Beware the purchasing power the credit card. It will drive you mad. Or into serious debt.

Most likely the latter. Dang, I need a real job.

So I decided to use your controller for my evil cluster. I'm waiting for the LDD boards, so I'm trying to be productive in other areas. Today, I received my SaintSmart and didn't order the power supply. I thought I could use an AC/DC adapter that I already owned, but I'm not sure. The one you listed is rated at 5V/2A. I have a few loose power supplies but they're 1A; one is 12V 300mA output. Can I use a lower rated power supply or is there a reason for the 2A power supply. I know next to nothing about electronics, so I was trying to save a few bucks and time. But well....looks like I didn't.

• Like 1

So I decided to use your controller for my evil cluster. I'm waiting for the LDD boards, so I'm trying to be productive in other areas. Today, I received my SaintSmart and didn't order the power supply. I thought I could use an AC/DC adapter that I already owned, but I'm not sure. The one you listed is rated at 5V/2A. I have a few loose power supplies but they're 1A; one is 12V 300mA output. Can I use a lower rated power supply or is there a reason for the 2A power supply. I know next to nothing about electronics, so I was trying to save a few bucks and time. But well....looks like I didn't.

The amazon power supply listed didn't fit my sainsmart. annoyance of annoyances. gonna look into one of those adjustable voltage dealies.

• Like 1

I said 5v 2a because the tft uses a lot of power, but I don't know exactly how much. I think a 12v 1a would work, but again, not sure.

TO HORERCZY: I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you you have to solder the power supply. I'll update the first page.

It uses pings to measure distance. I found a bit of info on Arduino Basics that says it's been used for mesasuring water levels so I would imagine it's posible to make it work in this application.

The SRF-06 version would be better though as it has a temperature compensator.

In the end though the simplicity of a float switch will probably be best as the ultrasonic sensors would have to be calibrated on a tank by tank basis.

Those devices work like echolocation....it sends a ping out and then measures the time it takes to get back and converts etc...we use them in our physics labs to measure velocities and such.

• Like 1

Those devices work like echolocation....it sends a ping out and then measures the time it takes to get back and converts etc...we use them in our physics labs to measure velocities and such.

Cool! I was actually thinking about something else the other day... I think it was a visual aid for blind people?

This is probably a very stupid question, but I'm having a hard time attaching the TFT on the shield since the timekeeping chip is somewhat in the way of it. I have the same timekeeping chip you listed on the ebay link. Am I making any sense?

• Like 1

This is probably a very stupid question, but I'm having a hard time attaching the TFT on the shield since the timekeeping chip is somewhat in the way of it. I have the same timekeeping chip you listed on the ebay link. Am I making any sense?

You should be connecting the timekeeping chip separately. If you already are (most likely) then you need to desolder. :(

If you have pins coming out of the shield and going into the pins where you would normally connect the DS1302 and stuff, then you could either A: desolder the pin header (tricky, but if you have a solder sucker you can pretty easily) or B: solder the wires on top of the shield.

That's basically it. Sorry. :(

Ok. So there's no way around soldering.

Can I just attach the right angle headers to where the timemodule goes and solder wires to it? I'm afraid of desoldering...

• Like 1

Can I just attach the right angle headers to where the timemodule goes and solder wires to it? I'm afraid of desoldering...

that was basically what I thought about doing. right angle headers all around where the shield wasn't just in case I needed the slots for something.
  • Like 1

Can you send a picture? You need to wire up the clock to either the headers or to the shield itself.

Can you send a picture? You need to wire up the clock to either the headers or to the shield itself.

I don't have anything attached at this time. Do you have a picture of how you have it connected? I assumed that I put the right angle headers where the module attaches and run wires from the end of the headers to the module.

• Like 1

I don't have anything attached at this time. Do you have a picture of how you have it connected? I assumed that I put the right angle headers where the module attaches and run wires from the end of the headers to the module.

My way is not the right way. But I'll see what I can rig up tomorrow.

TO HORERCZY: I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you you have to solder the power supply. I'll update the first page.

I'll just find an appropriate power source then. With my luck I would cause something horrific to occur if I tried that.

• Like 1

I'll just find an appropriate power source then. With my luck I would cause something horrific to occur if I tried that.

You solder to the vin pin and ground pin. Dude. Just get it over with.

• Like 1

My way is not the right way. But I'll see what I can rig up tomorrow.

Would you happen to have a higher resolution image of the connection diagram on the first page? I found a diagram on the time module, but I wanted to compare.

• Like 1

Would you happen to have a higher resolution image of the connection diagram on the first page? I found a diagram on the time module, but I wanted to compare.

Okay, I'm not too busy today, so I'll get around to it. Hold on an hour or so.

Just wired it up, and I see what you mean. Doh.

I removed the female headers on the analog pins and soldered them out carefully. Then I replaced them with the right angle headers.

• Like 1