ReefCleaners.org

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

I see what you're doing. That could easily be converted into seconds. Basically what I'm doing.

What does map() do?

Thanks. Didn't know how I missed that.

EDIT: Tad limited with only integer math. But also very useful for everything else.

MOJOEJOEJOE

My code is still a bit sloppy but I`m learning as I go. I have a new found respect for guys who do this for a living. My firmware engineer at my work has reviewed my code and helped with suggestions to make it work better. Its a fun hobby but once you start you never stop. You will find other ways to do things and constantly make tweaks and enhancements trust me LOL. The next thing you know you will have 4 fixtures and tons of Arduino parts. Its a sickness with no known cure.

• Like 1

The next thing you know you will have 4 fixtures and tons of Arduino parts. Its a sickness with no known cure.

Too late. :P

I need an equation. Hmmmmm...

The current one doesn't work for night lighting. Whatever, I'll just do set moonlights right now.

Also, a surprise coming.

Reading about PWM to analog conversion. It seems extremely simple actually.

Support will be added in a few days.

Night cycle not going so good. I just can't wrap my head around passing midnight.

PWM to voltage converter: http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/PWMtool.php

That's 5v analog. Double the voltage to get 10v. A 15k resistor and 1uf capacitor net a perfect voltage in .1 seconds.

Combined with this: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/28871.pdf

and you get 10v output for less than a dollar. Plus hipping.

EDIT: Wrong. Don't listen to me. 5v analog, but no 10v analog.

Look it up. I have to write an essay right now.

Haha thanks for fixing my diagram, I'm glad I could help out. And I'm very happy that you're using this drawing on your front page.

• Like 1

1/4 10kohm. The amount of power is very little. 5v/10,000ohm comes out to .5ma. That times voltage is 2.5mW. That means that 0.0025W resistors are needed. So any resistor really, with any resistance between 1k and 20k. Any higher I would be wary of.

MOJOEJOEJOE

Asid,

Looks like your making good progress. Is this a touch screen interface? I have no touch screen for my set up but would love to interface one.

• Like 1

Touch screen all the way. Just shield, mega, and screen. This won't work with the UNO at all.

I might revamp my equation again. Individual hour programming looks good actually, especially with the "Map" function.

I'll offer that later. I made a simple night cycle, but I figured out how to do it. For real this time.

• Like 1

Very. While I can't use it for a full cycle like now, I can use it in hours. So in one hour, I map the starting and ending power.

Okay, so new code will work like this:

-User sets % of leds per hour

-Leds dim up/down to that value every hour

-Each channel has 24 hours of control

Solves the moonlighting issue and adds a whole new world to this controller. Expect it in 2-3 days.

No, you program each hour of the day for each channel. So you can set all 6 channels to be moonlights.

Much better than before. I'll post a video when it's done.

EDIT: Moon phases will have to go. Unless you want it to be static and annoying.

There aren't going to be any updates for several days. I am changing all the lighting channel stuff, I.E everything.

Version 1.3 is finished and tested! :lol: The new version is miles better, and has programming for every hour of every channel. That means that the night channel is good.

Realistic moon effects, however, are a lot harder.

5v PWM to 10v PWM converter. The +12v input can actually be anything below 37v.

EDIT: Does not work. transistor must be connected in the ground line.

post-67362-0-80580300-1367794376_thumb.png

• Like 1