Cultivated Reef

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

Can't use a larger screen, sorry. Only compatible with 320 x 240 pixel screens.

You run this off of a 5v wallwart, not a 12v one, although if you wired it differently you could as the arduino has a built-in voltage regulator. I would not recommend it though; it could burn out.

For LDD drivers you can use any size power supply. 36v or 48v is best though as you can run many leds off each driver.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. I am going to tackle a controller build soon. I am ordering all my equipment this. I am sure I will have many more questions coming up. Thanks for the great build journal.

• Like 1

This might be a dumb question, but how do I put the program into the adruino? I have no experience what so ever with this kind of thing. Also, what is the relay for and where does it go in the diagram?

• Like 1

I think those are good questions LOst. I was wondering the same thing, just not far enough into my build to ask. Look forward to hearing some answers

• Like 1

This might be a dumb question, but how do I put the program into the adruino? I have no experience what so ever with this kind of thing. Also, what is the relay for and where does it go in the diagram?

Relay is for future stuff. Also, because this does support heating/cooling for the main tank, you could use the relays for that. Keep in mind this is is constantly being updated, and relays will be big in the future.

I'm making a tutorial on this eventually, probably after date and acclimation modes are added.

In the meanwhile, a good tutorial:

i want a controller pm me

I'm not making these for sale right now as the project is not completed and I wouldn't want you to be shortchanged. Once/if this is ever completely done, I might sell a few, but until then you're on your own.

Relay is for future stuff. Also, because this does support heating/cooling for the main tank, you could use the relays for that. Keep in mind this is is constantly being updated, and relays will be big in the future.

I'm making a tutorial on this eventually, probably after date and acclimation modes are added.

In the meanwhile, a good tutorial:

I'm not making these for sale right now as the project is not completed and I wouldn't want you to be shortchanged. Once/if this is ever completely done, I might sell a few, but until then you're on your own.

Reported! Dont Post again until you pay sponsor fees.

You have been warned

• Like 1

Reported! Dont Post again until you pay sponsor fees.

You have been warned

Wait, what? Dude, I just said I'm not selling these. Probably never will as this project is pretty much ongoing.

Aquarium Products with the intend to distrubute.

Reported again. Your digging your self a hole here

You are not serious. Please tell me you are not serious.

Taking personal hates out on the entire community is not funny, nor is it particularly endearing. This entire project is open-source anyway. Vaguely implying that I'll sell this in some distant future is not selling. Although thanks for telling me now, as I wasn't sure on those rules.

EDIT: Could you link to the forum rules? Couldn't find them.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, if a mod reads this, I would appreciate a comment on what the boundaries are.

edit

Taking personal hates out on the entire community is not funny, nor is it particularly endearing. This entire project is open-source anyway. Vaguely implying that I'll sell this in some distant future is not selling. Although thanks for telling me now, as I wasn't sure on those rules.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, if a mod reads this, I would appreciate a comment on what the boundaries are.

Nano Reefs sets penalties for Ultimate LED Controller possession that vary depending on the type of board, the amount of theboards, and the purpose for which the defendant had possession of the Ultimate LED Controller. Possession of a Ultimate LED Controller might lead to a sentence of imprisonment in county jail for up to one year, while possession for sale of a controlled Ultimate LED Controller might result in a sentence of imprisonment for a range of two to five years. If the prosecutor has charged the defendant with possession and transport of a Ultimate LED Controller from one forum to another, the potential punishment can range from a few years up to nine years of imprisonment.

Possession of Ultimate LED Controller results in separate penalties under California's Ultimate LED Controller possession laws. In general, a defendant who possessed less than 28.5 of Ultimate LED Controller which is not concentrated could face a fine in an amount up to $100.

loosen up a little my god........ Smile and pat yourself on the back! you just got Tanked!

• Like 1

edit

Nano Reefs sets penalties for Ultimate LED Controller possession that vary depending on the type of board, the amount of theboards, and the purpose for which the defendant had possession of the Ultimate LED Controller. Possession of a Ultimate LED Controller might lead to a sentence of imprisonment in county jail for up to one year, while possession for sale of a controlled Ultimate LED Controller might result in a sentence of imprisonment for a range of two to five years. If the prosecutor has charged the defendant with possession and transport of a Ultimate LED Controller from one forum to another, the potential punishment can range from a few years up to nine years of imprisonment.

Possession of Ultimate LED Controller results in separate penalties under California's Ultimate LED Controller possession laws. In general, a defendant who possessed less than 28.5 of Ultimate LED Controller which is not concentrated could face a fine in an amount up to $100.

Okay you can stop posting now.

edit

loosen up a little my god........ Smile and pat yourself on the back! you just got Tanked!

Dude, that was not funny at all. There is a line between joking and legit threatening. And my experiences with you in the past have been far less than pleasant. I really would not put it past you to pull a move like that.

• Like 1

Dude, that was not funny at all. There is a line between joking and legit threatening. And my experiences with you in the past have been far less than pleasant. I really would not put it past you to pull a move like that.

We have a past? Please fill me in! i wasnt threatening.. lol you got snotty and i see why. So i tickled you a little. great idea thou. Still want one.

• Like 1

Kinda D I C K to ask when you can buy one then try to throw the man under the bus for helping a great community out. You should stay in the lounge with all that ruffling feathers shit. Just a good guy doing good things for the community.

• Like 1

Apparently he was joking, but that scared me bad. I'll be PM'ing CM when/if I am ready to sell and become a sponsor.

Skinnysloth

Man I don't like when people come into threads and start drama.

Yeah, not cool at all. Meep is trying to share his experience and code with the community and this happens. Bad joke and form. I would not be shock and surprised if Meep says, "Screw you guys, I'm going home." I certainly wouldn't want the aggravation.

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I know you are working with LED’s here but is there a way to set one of these controllers up for other equipment? I guess what I’m asking is can you imagine a way to make some type of power bar like an APEX or Reef Keeper so you can control items plugged into 110v outlets? I know this isn’t really what you are making here, I just wonder if it could be done? Thanks!

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I know you are working with LED’s here but is there a way to set one of these controllers up for other equipment? I guess what I’m asking is can you imagine a way to make some type of power bar like an APEX or Reef Keeper so you can control items plugged into 110v outlets? I know this isn’t really what you are making here, I just wonder if it could be done? Thanks!

It is now. :) LED control is done; there will not be not much else to do after acclimation modes are finished. I'm planning on a lot more stuff, as uglyfish pointed me to here: http://webpages.charter.net/tdsmeter/products.html

They sell all kinds of good stuff compatible with the arduino, particularly silinty and pH probes pwered off 12v dc. Sure, the salinity probe setup is $60, but that's about as much as a good refractometer.

Power bars are easy to make, just a few outlets form Home Depot, a box, and some relays.

The date setting is almost done! But my wiring on the Arduino is crappy because I cheaped out and didn't buy right angle headers (doh!) so everything is soldered right on to the shield right now. As a result the timing is way off.

Dude what a troll. For him to have the need to mess with people just for a small satisfaction like that, he must have a sad life... You shouldn't get discouraged by people like him MeepNand. You're a great guy keep up the good work and thanks for that video. My power supply came in today but I'm still waiting on my time keeper thing. So close to having all my parts now. I was also wondering if it's possible to add an auto top off to this build.

• Like 1