Innovative Marine Aquariums

BATMANS CLAM CAVE

ZephNYC

Deleted User 3

slap it. ballasts.

Hahah! I did that, twice... some salt creep out (a bit) but still sort of humming in a certain pattern.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello my faithful viewers.

Hello ???

Anybody???

<crickets>

Oh well, Ill just post to myself then :)

So my sun corals have been having babies, and new orange polyps have been showing up all over the tank.

babysun1.jpg

New orange polyps growing on a colony of black suns.

babysun2.jpg

This rock is all the way over on the other end of the tank.

babysun3.jpg

This was a single polyp off a rescued colony that broke off. I glued it to the wall and it now has 3 heads.

suncorals5113.jpg

The middle one was a rescue, but is coming around sweet.

Ok, my tank is being taken over by zebra stripe micro brittle stars.

micro1g.jpg

micro2e.jpg

Firestorms

firestorms.jpg

Ok, this blew my mind! 2 weeks ago I changed the bulbs on my 210SPS. I shut down the 3X400W 14K bulbs, and set up 2X250W 10K, and 2X250W 14K - and this Acrpora Nasuta frag shot out a 1 inch baby in 2 weeks!! you can clearly see it.

nasuta.jpg

Tyree pink elephants

pinkelephants.jpg

Red Planet ### about 4 inches from the surface under 14K halides 250W

redpfrag.jpg

MONSTER Red Planet table

redplanetk.jpg

Acropora Secale

secale.jpg

Those black suns look pretty nice. So how long did you have the regular sun corals before they started shooting out babies?

jedimaster1138

Hello my faithful viewers.

Hello ???

Anybody???

<crickets>

Oh well, Ill just post to myself then :)

So my sun corals have been having babies, and new orange polyps have been showing up all over the tank.

babysun1.jpg

New orange polyps growing on a colony of black suns.

babysun2.jpg

This rock is all the way over on the other end of the tank.

babysun3.jpg

This was a single polyp off a rescued colony that broke off. I glued it to the wall and it now has 3 heads.

suncorals5113.jpg

The middle one was a rescue, but is coming around sweet.

Ok, my tank is being taken over by zebra stripe micro brittle stars.

micro1g.jpg

micro2e.jpg

Firestorms

firestorms.jpg

Ok, this blew my mind! 2 weeks ago I changed the bulbs on my 210SPS. I shut down the 3X400W 14K bulbs, and set up 2X250W 10K, and 2X250W 14K - and this Acrpora Nasuta frag shot out a 1 inch baby in 2 weeks!! you can clearly see it.

nasuta.jpg

Tyree pink elephants

pinkelephants.jpg

Red Planet ### about 4 inches from the surface under 14K halides 250W

redpfrag.jpg

MONSTER Red Planet table

redplanetk.jpg

Acropora Secale

secale.jpg

I don't suppose you might be willing to part with a frag of red planet...I'm convinced mine is kaput and I have just the spot for it...

Also that's a lot of fraking growth! Those palys are nice. Very nice. As is the Secale. Well done sir.

I'm seeing some more bubble algae and it's making me nervous.

Those black suns look pretty nice. So how long did you have the regular sun corals before they started shooting out babies?

I only have 3 orange colonies. The first is about 6 months old ???? the other two are about 4 months. I feed them freeze dried Cyclops every day and target feed frozen Mysis about every other night. THanks.

I don't suppose you might be willing to part with a frag of red planet...I'm convinced mine is kaput and I have just the spot for it...

Also that's a lot of fraking growth! Those palys are nice. Very nice. As is the Secale. Well done sir.

I'm seeing some more bubble algae and it's making me nervous.

You got it stud. maybe this weekend will let you know for sure. We saw Pain and Gain last night, LOVED IT.

jedimaster1138

I only have 3 orange colonies. The first is about 6 months old ???? the other two are about 4 months. I feed them freeze dried Cyclops every day and target feed frozen Mysis about every other night. THanks.

You got it stud. maybe this weekend will let you know for sure. We saw Pain and Gain last night, LOVED IT.

I'm starting to be convinced that cyclops is possibly the best thing to feed a reef. I have the frozen PE stuff (in the combo pack with mysis, also a crowd pleaser) and my fish go nuts for it. I also blast it on my LPS, including the new goniopora and it seems to like it. The other night I made a cocktail of cyclops, BRS dried reef chili, a squirt of Arctic Pods and a shot of Marine Snow, all mixed with a little more water...I've never seen such great PE the next day from everything, LPS to SPS. Even finicky Mr Copperband picks at the cyclops. I have to look into getting some dried cyclops...

Nice! I do enjoy the Rock, especially in comedic roles.

This weekend sounds like a plan...You the man, thanks buddy. We'll work something out. You have to see my new creatures :) The Rock smells it.

the-rock.jpg

Wait till you try a fresh clam from the grocery store.

Always liked your stars.

And they've always liked you :) .

I'm starting to be convinced that cyclops is possibly the best thing to feed a reef. I have the frozen PE stuff (in the combo pack with mysis, also a crowd pleaser) and my fish go nuts for it. I also blast it on my LPS, including the new goniopora and it seems to like it. The other night I made a cocktail of cyclops, BRS dried reef chili, a squirt of Arctic Pods and a shot of Marine Snow, all mixed with a little more water...I've never seen such great PE the next day from everything, LPS to SPS. Even finicky Mr Copperband picks at the cyclops. I have to look into getting some dried cyclops...

Nice! I do enjoy the Rock, especially in comedic roles.

This weekend sounds like a plan...You the man, thanks buddy. We'll work something out. You have to see my new creatures :) The Rock smells it.

the-rock.jpg

Ive never been one to obsess or even brag about celebrities, but I have to admit Dwayne is my # 1 dude. I LOVE the guy. What makes Pain and GAIN hallarious to me is that it is a true story, and although I did not know those guys personally, I knew of them, even before this event. Just like I did with Craig Titus...but we don't want to talk about what he did.

NEW LARGE MAXIMA FROM DR. MACARONI SHOULD BE HERE ANY MINUTE.

:P

jedimasterben

I had a little bucket thing of dried Cyclop-eeze, but even after soaking it for nearly an hour, it would still float.

I had a little bucket thing of dried Cyclop-eeze, but even after soaking it for nearly an hour, it would still float.

I use arctic copepods from BSD, and never have that problem.

jedimasterben

I use arctic copepods from BSD, and never have that problem.

Gotcha. I was using Cyclop-eeze.

Gotcha. I was using Cyclop-eeze.

I threw away a whole tin of that stuff for that very reason.

Ok, I am SOOO EXCITED today you have no idea. Ive been through ALOT in my life, and hate to get personal on a thread, But to make a long story short, about 5 years ago I was forced to leave my home by the authorities and abandon all of my life long possessions. All my childhood photographs, pictures and ashes of my deceased mother, furniture, clothing,, everything and anything. I had to start all over with nothing but the shirt and flip flops I had on at the time.

SO my soon to be X wife has been in town the last month, and she has ALL - THOUSANDS, of my old photographs on her computer. I am so happy!! Pictures of all my old friends, and artwork, and OLD FISH TANKS!! she has pictures of reef tanks I had in 1999.

Its also no secret that I served 18 months in a Federal Correctional Facility, and all I did when I was there was lift weights and draw. Here is a picture I drew for her when I was locked up. It says Theresa.

graffpd.jpg

And heres a pic of the new clam that arrived just a few hours ago from Dr. Mac. I put her in the 210 SPS because it has the strongest lighting I own. We'll see how it does. This is his "our pic " $99 clam sale.

mac210.jpg

Maybee Ill post some more art pics later....

Nice stuff... my shipment will be coming tomorrow. Have you ever moved clams from a well established tank to a new one? All livestock/liverock from the established tank will be going into the new one. I've seeded the new sand with a few cups from the older tank. I'm a little hesitant to throw it all in in a day. Liking those dendros too... I'd ask you if you'd part with one but I don't think ill be in the city for a bit.

Crappy phone shot of Orange spot filefish feasting on sps. This is what they eat in nature, and why they are usually impossible to maintain in captivity.

photofsw.jpg

Nice stuff... my shipment will be coming tomorrow. Have you ever moved clams from a well established tank to a new one? All livestock/liverock from the established tank will be going into the new one. I've seeded the new sand with a few cups from the older tank. I'm a little hesitant to throw it all in in a day. Liking those dendros too... I'd ask you if you'd part with one but I don't think ill be in the city for a bit.

Thank you.

Sure, many times. the only problem you might have is if you used all new seawater, which is very unstable for clams, low in DOC and organics. If you can move the fish over first and let them add some nutrients to the new tank, that would be a very good idea. Lets see the new clam when you get a chance.

Crappy phone shot of Orange spot filefish feasting on sps. This is what they eat in nature, and why they are usually impossible to maintain in captivity.

photofsw.jpg

Thank you.

Sure, many times. the only problem you might have is if you used all new seawater, which is very unstable for clams, low in DOC and organics. If you can move the fish over first and let them add some nutrients to the new tank, that would be a very good idea. Lets see the new clam when you get a chance.

I will probably be using most of the old water. The new tank is literally a couple of feet away from the old one.

I will probably be using most of the old water. The new tank is literally a couple of feet away from the old one.

You can put it all in on the same day, I don't see a problem.

Nice corals! Have you had a chance to peek at my tank thread and give me some recs for getting it ready for a clam in the future? All your clam pics are making me really consider it!

I think i'm having a convo with myself in our PM... lol

Omg im sorry you know im bad with PM's!

Nice corals! Have you had a chance to peek at my tank thread and give me some recs for getting it ready for a clam in the future? All your clam pics are making me really consider it!

I will get right on it :)

Hey Zeph, have you considered growing corals on your gigas? Reef on a half shell. :D

Definitely! I have zoanthids and palys on a few of my clams, but im dying for some of those sun polyps to appear on the Gigas. Im sure they will soon, imagine a gigas shell covered with sun polyps, that would be insane!

Archived