inTank Media Baskets

Nepenthe's Nouveau NUVO16

Nepenthe

Deleted User 4

Yup, you read that right. Will work for fish.

So you're a graphic designer? Mmm cousin grad from csulb with that major but she's doing nothing like that as a career now.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes, I was never in the market for crazy fish, I basically traded these guys for some graphic design work. I must say though, these greedy little piggies are the stars of my tank. So much personality!

Lol good deal imo.

So you're a graphic designer?

Yes and no. I wear many hats. I started out as a regional manager for a chain of stores and now I do all of their branding, advertising, and media/marketing stuff. It'd be awesome if I didn't still have to deal with my PITA staff. And I do a sh*t ton of freelance so I can feel good about hitting the bars on the weekend and not spending my retirement fund.

So the turquoise on the fish, it's not just a trick of the camera? I've looked at the fancy snows on Alpha Aquaculture and always thought the turquoise areas was just a light trick or something.

This new tank is great! I especially love the scape. Is that 1 piece of LR?

The shape/size/placement is perfect for the tank. W-

So the turquoise on the fish, it's not just a trick of the camera? I've looked at the fancy snows on Alpha Aquaculture and always thought the turquoise areas was just a light trick or something.

Yeah, amazingly that's no camera trick, they have an iridescent turquoise margin.

This new tank is great! I especially love the scape. Is that 1 piece of LR?

The shape/size/placement is perfect for the tank. W-

Thanks! I picked up a couple of pieces but decided to only use that one. I was trying to go for a more minimal look..... but with all those corals, it's already looking hectic.

Deleted User 4

Yes and no. I wear many hats. I started out as a regional manager for a chain of stores and now I do all of their branding, advertising, and media/marketing stuff. It'd be awesome if I didn't still have to deal with my PITA staff. And I do a sh*t ton of freelance so I can feel good about hitting the bars on the weekend and not spending my retirement fund.

Sounds like you living the good life. :)

What about your bf? Oh, and the other tank, what you going to do with it?

Yeah, amazingly that's no camera trick, they have an iridescent turquoise margin.

I decided to watch a video of their hall of fame fancy snow pair. Pretty amazing stuff. I love the iridescent margin. I love the clownfish the have more black on them. My LFS had a snow clown and it was very pretty but I'd prefer to order captive bred clowns direct from the source than buy it from them. As it is I'm treating my brand new mocha clownfish for either marine velvet or brooklynella. At least they seem to be doing better after 2 5 minutes dips in quick cure and a freshwater rinse.

I decided to watch a video of their hall of fame fancy snow pair. Pretty amazing stuff. I love the iridescent margin. I love the clownfish the have more black on them. My LFS had a snow clown and it was very pretty but I'd prefer to order captive bred clowns direct from the source than buy it from them. As it is I'm treating my brand new mocha clownfish for either marine velvet or brooklynella. At least they seem to be doing better after 2 5 minutes dips in quick cure and a freshwater rinse.

I feel ya. My LFS had some snow ORA clowns that were nice....but $220 a pop. :bling: I'm glad I waited. The mochas are lovely I like the darker ones too, sorry about the ailment though. I'm sure you'll get in under control.

Anyone have an opinion on adding anther fish? I'm trying to decide between a yasha pistol pair or a pink-streaked wrasse.

Deleted User 4

Pink streaked wrasse.

Do you use the innov nuvo cover lids?

I think wrasses are better for the reef tank. They kill off nuisances like flatworms.

Deleted User 4
Damn earthquake woke me up from my nap!
What???? There was an earthquake? I didn't even feel anything...lol.

Is everything ok?

Yeah, it was a baby one, just a 3.2. But I live less than a mile from the epicenter, so it was enough to wake me up and get the neighborhood dogs barking.

Get revenge, punch the ground. It had it coming.

Oh you know it.

I see. Well, as long as the family and the house/tank are fine then.

Thanks.

Polarcollision

Was a big fan of your last tank, but this one's showing promise of being even nicer. Great choice of corals and placement. Already a work of art.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally an update:

So the bleached out corals from my last tank are starting to color up again, they look better and better every day. The tank is coming along nicely. I think that I am going to add a couple more odds and ends and call it a day, coral stocking wise. I'm still considering adding another fish --either a citron goby or a pink-streaked wrasse. I gave up on the IM skimmer because it's a worthless POS (it's not running but haven't taken it off the tank yet because I'm a lazy bum). I'm loving the Maxspect, it performs really well. Other than that, no news is good news right?

8937944240_52ac1fe08a_z.jpg

Freeby from my LFS.

8937937998_1230791a4e_z.jpg

What's blooming (my other collection):

8937406055_a5185c2408_z.jpg

8938039942_57ea57e2ea_z.jpg

8937411775_c30d0b7251_z.jpg

My "puppy" was estimated to be 6 weeks old and turned out to be 5 months old (she started get her "big dog" teeth in a couple weeks ago). So, she's full sized at 2.8 lbs. I NEVER thought I would be a small dog person, but here I am. And I love her so much. She gets along great with our other dog and the cat.

8938051904_c76dd14f79_z.jpg

8937422151_3f00c6cf0b_z.jpg

joel sandoman

I have heard of other people having trouble with that skimmer and they contacted IM and they were able to help them out. I like my Hydor though.

Archived