ReefCleaners.org

Nepenthe's Nouveau NUVO16

Nepenthe

Deleted User 4

Well when you guys picked him up, he looked sad like he went through some rough times.

Most definitely, now that he's in your hands, he must be a happy puppy lol.

Yummy sandwich.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where you get the sandwhich?

Mendocino Farms. Delicious.

Lookin good up in here. I want some Eco gorgs sooo bad! How do you like the Razr? It looks kinda dark to me.

The RAZR is awesome. Yeah that photo was taken in the evening. I'll post some "afternoon" photos tomorrow.

Gorgonians are winning.

Gorgs FTW!!!!! I love them.

I'm envious of the tank. I have nearly the same setup. What are you using for your lighting schedule with the razor?

Yeah, easy to maintain and super clean looking, you can't go wrong. Lights are as follows:

1- A:00, B:00

2- A:19, B:30

3- A:45, B:50

4- A:65, B:70

5- A:35, B:30

6- A:00, B:01

Well the old tank is torn down and all inhabitants have been moved over (well, everything I could catch anyways). The clowns have settled in really nicely, it's nice to see them happy again. I even found my two GIANT bristle worms that went MIA a few months ago. All of the corals from my old tank have started coloring up again in the new one. So, good news all around for the time being.

8677492019_1e2e4e7439_z.jpg

Gorgs from Aquascapers.

8677508003_a2dea961de_b.jpg

Ricordea from Aquascapers and Blue Ochtodes from Coral Pros

8678618532_9444fc6acb_b.jpg

8678630062_b28b264868_b.jpg

Maxi Minis from Reef Gardener

Deleted User 4

Thanks dude. What's going on with your tank?

Mmm, just threw a pulsing white/purple xenia frag in last week. Going to let that grow all over the rocks. That's it lol. Oh, and I recently sold my ai controller. Now I'm trying to sell off my ai nano lol. Going to get this over my ada. http://www.ebay.com/itm/350734383725?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And once I sell off the ai nano, I'm going to use that money to get myself a brand new white innov marine nuvo 8g! Hopefully the ai nano sells off at $250...

Mmm, just threw a pulsing white/purple xenia frag in last week. Going to let that grow all over the rocks. That's it lol. Oh, and I recently sold my ai controller. Now I'm trying to sell off my ai nano lol. Going to get this over my ada. http://www.ebay.com/itm/350734383725?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And once I sell off the ai nano, I'm going to use that money to get myself a brand new white innov marine nuvo 8g! Hopefully the ai nano sells off at $250...

Remember how I said that I wouldn't put any xenia in my tank? Well now I have two varieties, neither are the invasive pulsing kind so I should be okay. As for your tank, it shouldn't take too long before it starts to take over. Just keep it off the walls.

Which xenia are the non invasive varieties? I love the movement they add to a tank but I don't want my tank over run with xenia.

Deleted User 4

Remember how I said that I wouldn't put any xenia in my tank? Well now I have two varieties, neither are the invasive pulsing kind so I should be okay. As for your tank, it shouldn't take too long before it starts to take over. Just keep it off the walls.

Yeah, I thought you bought the pulsing ones? Vargas giant should pulse.

Like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnmiT1TEOfw&feature=share&list=FLMQBz98YnFz7AJrbo2-qPyg

I have a Vargas Giant from Aquascapers, which a buddy of mine turned me onto after seeing it in his tank and a non-pulsing Blue Cespitularia, which is totally alien looking.

Yeah, I thought you bought the pulsing ones? Vargas giant should pulse.

It does, in my friend's tank it's growing up rather than out, and he says that he's not having issues with it volunteering everywhere. Mine (a silver xenia from Vivid) ended up on the walls and sand bed, and started cropping up on every freaking rock I had. It was only a matter of time before it took over that tank.

Deleted User 4

It does, in my friend's tank it's growing up rather than out, and he says that he's not having issues with it volunteering everywhere. Mine (a silver xenia from Vivid) ended up on the walls and sand bed, and started cropping up on every freaking rock I had. It was only a matter of time before it took over that tank.

Ohh I see. Can't wait then :)

I agree. I have had much better luck with the pom-pom xenia's as well. They don't jump everywhere, plus they look better.

I don't care about the coral I just want that clownfish! So interesting looking.

They're from Alpha Aquaculture. Here's the best photo I could find of my female. She's got more of that crazy turquoise margin between the white an black markings.

8678000079_7885e50249_b.jpg

The male used to not have those strange black blotches on his orange masking, he seemed to develop them after he attempted to get the torch in my last tank to host him. I think it gives him character though. Kris over at Alpha is great to do business with if you're ever in the market for some high-end clowns.

8678001209_2216083d2c_z.jpg

Deleted User 4

Yeah my picasso ($150) that I had was from Chris as well. I sold the picasso later (6-7months) to a better/bigger home though for $100.

Yeah my picasso ($150) that I had was from Chris as well. I sold the picasso later (6-7months) to a better/bigger home though for $100.

Yikes, I was never in the market for crazy fish, I basically traded these guys for some graphic design work. I must say though, these greedy little piggies are the stars of my tank. So much personality!

Archived