Cultivated Reef

Nepenthe's Nouveau NUVO16

Nepenthe

I am still waiting to upgrade mine, might be sooner. Just have too many sps frags and just added two maxima clams and feel like they are crammed in this tank lol

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Oh you're going to max? Have you been to reef-a-plooza before? I went to both for last year and will have to say, I walked out of max with nothing but did with a handful out from reef-a-plooza.

Oh you're going to max? Have you been to reef-a-plooza before? I went to both for last year and will have to say, I walked out of max with nothing but did with a handful out from reef-a-plooza.

Yup, I had a cooler full of stuff at reef-a-plooza. I'm hoping for equally good results at MAX.

That probably should't make me as happy as it does. My office...... the Japanese title is "Captain Supermarket"......

555418_10102001153154856_211234009_n.jpg

Thanks! I think I'm going to stick to gorgs, but we'll see. MAX is this weekend, who knows what I'll come home with.

Where the hell did you get a Japanese poster? I found a Norwegian deal once (at least, I guessed Norwegian.) Tattered to pieces. Ash FTW. I still think the original title of the movie made more sense. Book of the Dead. Starring the ####ing Necronomicon, I think that's a-ok.

Deleted User 4

Yup, I had a cooler full of stuff at reef-a-plooza. I'm hoping for equally good results at MAX.

LOl, don't expect too much from Max..........Not only are there less deal breakers there, the crowd capacity is 2-3 times less than reef-a-plooza.

Did you go on Saturday or Sunday for rap? I was there on Saturday so if you saw an asian dude with glasses and a gray dress shirt, might have been me ha.

Where the hell did you get a Japanese poster? I found a Norwegian deal once (at least, I guessed Norwegian.) Tattered to pieces. Ash FTW. I still think the original title of the movie made more sense. Book of the Dead. Starring the ####ing Necronomicon, I think that's a-ok.

Ebay, my friend. I'm not so sure about this remake crap. But what the hell? I'm hard up for some good silver screen gore, I'm just trying to completely remove it from my thoughts on original, and Bruce Campbell :wub: .

I haven't looked in to it. Mostly because they're going to #### it up. I'm sick of watching people take an old concept, screwing up the plot beyond recognition, and adding just enough CGI to say "look, it must be better, CGI!"

Oh, I all most forgot, lame boobs bro.

I haven't looked in to it. Mostly because they're going to #### it up. I'm sick of watching people take an old concept, screwing up the plot beyond recognition, and adding just enough CGI to say "look, it must be better, CGI!"

Oh, I all most forgot, lame boobs bro.

Right? Where are the Dario Argento's and John Carpenter's of our generation? 2012....The Posession sucked. Smiley was terrible. V/H/S was okay. I will say, I did LOVE Cabin in the Woods, but I'm kind of a sucker for kitsch too.

I liked Cabin in the woods too, actually. It was the best executed monster mashup I can remember, any way. Plus it was nice to see Ripley die and stay dead for a change (for the life of me, I can't remember that womans name.) The best done gore was Prometheus though, those primitive face huggers broke shit old school. It was also a good year for B movies. It wasn't a 2003 year for B movies, but it was good.

I'm not saying the plot didn't resemble swiss cheese that was laid out in the sun and then blasted with an AK47 before being drilled with needles, but the grey penis aliens ####ed shit up. First time I've cringed just because some ones arm was snapped at a 45 degree angle.

I'm not saying the plot didn't resemble swiss cheese that was laid out in the sun and then blasted with an AK47 before being drilled with needles, but the grey penis aliens ####ed shit up. First time I've cringed just because some ones arm was snapped at a 45 degree angle.

So your not saying there were holes in the plot?

Happy late birthday nep!

Poorly worded. "Not saying didn't" doesn't really flow well. On the other hand, I'm hung like Apache Chief. Eh Nae Chok!

I honestly, from the bottom of my heart, have no idea where that came from. I'm standing by it, I just have no idea. So, when's the tank transfer again?

First time I've cringed just because some ones arm was snapped at a 45 degree angle.

I witnessed that first hand December of 2011. Funny thing is, it only hurts when you look at it. Not so funny part.... everything else about breaking your arm/wrist in a horrendous fashion. Everytime I see a broken bone I cringe.

Thanks patback!!!!

How is your nuvo already better looking than mine!? Happy late late late birthday, did I already miss the boobies? What are your stocking plans?

I witnessed that first hand December of 2011. Funny thing is, it only hurts when you look at it. Not so funny part.... everything else about breaking your arm/wrist in a horrendous fashion. Everytime I see a broken bone I cringe. Thanks patback!!!!

I've broken...well, a lot. For the most part, I'm accustomed to it. That's why the arm snapping was note worthy, even I felt a little uncomfortable.

If you really want to cringe, google image "mouth maggots." Yea, take that horror movies. Reality is gross.

How is your nuvo already better looking than mine!? Happy late late late birthday, did I already miss the boobies? What are your stocking plans?

Thank you for the kind words and birthday salutations. I really want to go for a pseudo deep water look (if that makes any sense). I'm going to try and only stick with a few species. Mainly photosynthic gorgs, dendros (which I still have from the last tank), and zoas. I'm also going to try and limit my color palette to oranges, yellows, and purples... but we'll see how long that lasts.

Most NPS tanks generally have a darker, more moody look to them. It would be a complete waste of that Razor though, since the effect is often accomplished with a lack of strong lighting and heavy flow. A softie/macro tank would be another cool approach, especially if you adjust the light to a 20k deep blue. The first thing I think of when I see an SPS/LPS dominated tank is shallow water, which makes sense, since that's their natural environment (generally, shallow is kind of a broad term in regards to a Reef tank). Things to avoid if you're going of the deep end fo' realz.

On the other hand, Mr.Microscopes tank looked rather dark, and it was accomplished with a lot of shaded spots thanks to the upside down aquascape. A third, and probably more practical, approach. Kind of a fore reef type deal, only you won't have to utterly blast every square inch of it with flow.

Edit: Well, that response is missing about a paragraph that I spent my semi precious time typing up. I'm having an off night, and this tedious nonsense has me at wits end. Mostly your fault Nepenthe. I'd say you shouldn't feel bad, but I'm not a liar. G'night.

Thank you for the kind words and birthday salutations. I really want to go for a pseudo deep water look (if that makes any sense). I'm going to try and only stick with a few species. Mainly photosynthic gorgs, dendros (which I still have from the last tank), and zoas. I'm also going to try and limit my color palette to oranges, yellows, and purples... but we'll see how long that lasts.

That will be amazing if you pull it off which I'm sure you will. Can't wait to see this thing stocked!

Most NPS tanks generally have a darker, more moody look to them. It would be a complete waste of that Razor though, since the effect is often accomplished with a lack of strong lighting and heavy flow. A softie/macro tank would be another cool approach, especially if you adjust the light to a 20k deep blue. The first thing I think of when I see an SPS/LPS dominated tank is shallow water, which makes sense, since that's their natural environment (generally, shallow is kind of a broad term in regards to a Reef tank). Things to avoid if you're going of the deep end fo' realz.

On the other hand, Mr.Microscopes tank looked rather dark, and it was accomplished with a lot of shaded spots thanks to the upside down aquascape. A third, and probably more practical, approach. Kind of a fore reef type deal, only you won't have to utterly blast every square inch of it with flow.

Edit: Well, that response is missing about a paragraph that I spent my semi precious time typing up. I'm having an off night, and this tedious nonsense has me at wits end. Mostly your fault Nepenthe. I'd say you shouldn't feel bad, but I'm not a liar. G'night.

I just want a tank that's a little more minimal, color palette included, and sculptural. I don't want an NPS tank....too much work...I just want the look. I mean my little clowns totally throw off the vibe, but I love the little guys. I think I can pull it off.

Excited to see the new tank up and running. Your last tank was very nice!

Thanks! Yeah, no more vacations for me.

So, no tank news, but I did find THIS on the street wandering around in an industrial part of LA! So tiny! She's got a vet appointment tomorrow.

8621442811_86ed23246d_z.jpg

You're awesome for taking that puppy in. Will you maybe keep her?

I can't even begin to tell you what a sucker I am for animals. I have my hands full with my cats (one of which is a giant Maine Coon who thinks this dog is the best new toy ever). So I'm gonna get the little lady checked out and find someone who can pamper her.

Archived