Top Shelf Aquatics

Nepenthe's Nouveau NUVO16

Nepenthe

NEPENTHE'S NOUVEAU NUVO16

So, the short of it is, my last tank crashed hard and most of the corals perished. I loved my little Nuvo, so I decided what the hell, it's by birthday I'll just get another one, cycle it and transfer over everything that survived.

-- Current Full Tank Shot --

07/7/2014

3z0xyNv.jpg?1

06/18/2013

9075531161_618713fbea_z.jpg

04/19/2013

8663553002_2215b0e085_z.jpg

04/02/2013

8615964673_94bd352534_z.jpg

• Display: 16 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo in Black
  • Lighting: Maxspect Razor R420R, in 16K with manual photo periods

1- A:00, B:00
2- A:19, B:30
3- A:45, B:50
4- A:65, B:70
5- A:35, B:30
6- A:00, B:01

• Heater: 70 watt Ehiem Jager
  • Powerhead: EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10 Tunze Turbelle
  • Filter media: Carbon, filter floss and Chemi Pure with inTank Media Baskets, Cheato in inTank fuge
  • Biological Filtration: 13+ lbs of Tonga branch live rock
  • Substrate: Carib Sea Special Grade
  • Skimmer: Innovative Marine AuqaGadget (<<THAT THING WAS THE WORST) AquaC Nano Remora
  • Other Stuff: JBJ Fuge Light, Tunze ATO (don't leave home without it)
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a couple days off because I was sick with the damn flu and I needed to recover fully for my upcoming birthday weekend. So there was a lot of sleep and some fish tank stuff.

03/21/2013

8615965351_dd53feb579_z.jpg

I went to the store to get some tea and came home to boxes! Early birthday presents for myself. One nice thing about living in LA is any Marine Depot orders placed before 6:00pm come the next day. Also, please excuse the bare walls, we just re-painted.

8617069924_6d584c7d2d_z.jpg

There was a little of this.

8615966919_62db99b900_z.jpg

There was also a lot of this.... coupled with:

Boyfriend: I thought you had the flu, why are you building a table?

Me: I do have the flu, this is just keeping my mind off of the fact that I'm so sick.

Boyfriend: That makes no sense. You're not keeping the old fish tank right? It was finally taking up less of your time.

Me: No, of course not.

Boyfriend: Why do you have that devious look then?

Me: What are you talking about? (shakes boobies and walks away)

Boyfriend: Very well then.

------------------------------------------------------

03/23/2013

8615966687_c0c9831d1e_z.jpg

New stand built, sanded, stained and sealed. I picked up rock from the Age of Aquariums in Long Beach. The selection was good and the staff was really friendly, the dude ringing up my purchase gave me a nice little discount too!

8617072306_9be4d83aac_z.jpg

My box of goodies arrived from StevieT, I had used the infamous "BLUEPRINT" coupon code.

8617071614_cf84ba4be1_z.jpg

I got a nice note.

------------------------------------------------------

03/26/2013

8615963887_85b8947c6e_z.jpg

Then I left for a few days. Money was spent, brains cells were killed.

8616153799_6bbb263a14_z.jpg

I came back, had a night to relax and a party was thrown. This was the aftermath. We still can't figure out whose shoes those are. The over exposure of this photo replicates how hungover I was.

8617283426_3605de7bf6_z.jpg

Then there were signs of life

Boyfriend: Why do you have that devious look then?

Me: What are you talking about? (shakes boobies and walks away)

Boyfriend: Very well then.

well played miss. well played.

im more of an ass man but the boobies can get the job done. i dont discriminate.

That's good, since I only discriminate against discrimination.

Yea, you have to beware the power of the boobies. Luckily only a certain set works on me, I have become immune to the rest of you. That said,nice looking set up so far. I love the Razor.

Yea, you have to beware the power of the boobies. Luckily only a certain set works on me, I have become immune to the rest of you. That said,nice looking set up so far. I love the Razor.

It's such a superior light, it makes my Kessil look like silly. Not to mention, the functionality is great and it's just so darn sleek.... like my boobies.

It's such a superior light, it makes my Kessil look like silly. Not to mention, the functionality is great and it's just so darn sleek.... like my boobies.

I'd love a couple Razors. At this juncture, two 27" are just cost prohibitive. My ladies boobies > the face of God. Don't step to these, son.

I'd love a couple Razors. At this juncture, two 27" are just cost prohibitive.

Yeah, that'd be chunk of change. Your build is coming along nicely. I ended up having to shim-up my last tank too. Only it was the floor that was crooked. Total PITA.

My ladies boobies > the face of God. Don't step to these, son.

Bowie-disapproves.gif

Deleted User 4

Nice new tank nepenthe. And happy birthday!

Did you buy the tank and lights as a combo from marine depot? I noticed they started doing inno tanks with radion, razor or ai lighting packages.

Nice new tank nepenthe. And happy birthday!

Thank you!

Did you buy the tank and lights as a combo from marine depot? I noticed they started doing inno tanks with radion, razor or ai lighting packages.

I did indeed. It was quite a good deal as far as boxes of water go.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, you save a couple there. I'm probably going to do the same thing you did(buy the same exact tank but new to replace the old one) when I start noticing some scratches and permanent water stains on it and for the bday of course hahah.

So this is a new rock scape then? I love it, very minimalistic one island.

Yeah, you save a couple there. I'm probably going to do the same thing you did(buy the same exact tank but new to replace the old one) when I start noticing some scratches and permanent water stains on it and for the bday of course hahah. So this is a new rock scape then? I love it, very minimalistic one island.

Yeah, new everything. The old tank is still up and running until this one cycles through.

Yeah, that'd be chunk of change. Your build is coming along nicely. I ended up having to shim-up my last tank too. Only it was the floor that was crooked. Total PITA. Bowie-disapproves.gif

Bring it happy feet

evil_dead.jpg

Deleted User 4
Yeah, new everything. The old tank is still up and running until this one cycles through.

Then you will be selling the old one? I try to keep my tank new as long as it can. Didn't work well with my last tank because coraline algae would grow permanently onto the back textured wall. Hopefully my Ada allows me to succeed that issue....

And also that I got lazy scrubbing hard to get rid of the coraline...lol.

Bring it happy feet evil_dead.jpg

That probably should't make me as happy as it does. My office...... the Japanese title is "Captain Supermarket"......

555418_10102001153154856_211234009_n.jpg

Happy birthday! Damn went all out baller status, can't wait to see the come back on your new tank

Thanks! I think I'm going to stick to gorgs, but we'll see. MAX is this weekend, who knows what I'll come home with.

Can't wait to see what you end up with, your last tank was sick.

Ahhh, thank you. S*** got crazy with that last tank. I still have no idea what crashed it.... but that's the nature of the beast.

Archived