SaltCritters.com

Nepenthe's Nouveau NUVO16

Nepenthe

I all ways imagine a 5 year old looking desperately for his puppy when I find one wandering around. All ways feels like I'm going to steal a childs best friend if I grab it. On the other hand, one time I saw a dog with a collar scratching at a back fence. I figured it found home, and the owners would sort it out. Poor bastard got hit by a car while I was gettinggroceries. Still feel bad about that...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I all ways imagine a 5 year old looking desperately for his puppy when I find one wandering around. All ways feels like I'm going to steal a childs best friend if I grab it. On the other hand, one time I saw a dog with a collar scratching at a back fence. I figured it found home, and the owners would sort it out. Poor bastard got hit by a car while I was gettinggroceries. Still feel bad about that...

I always pick up strays/lost dogs. I figure I'd want someone to do the same if mine got out. I also feel like if your dog got out and was found with no collar and tags and isn't micro-chipped, you probably didn't deserve to have it in the first place.This little one was, no s***, in an industrial area and looked like death. I'm just glad I had some water in the car, because I don't think she'd have lasted much longer.

Well, MAX down in Orange County pretty much sucked. Ironically, I ended up buying most of my stuff from the Age of Aquariums booth (which is the store where I got my LR from). The only thing that I wanted to pick up were gorgs, dendros, and some rock anemones and nobody had them. The one guy that did have rock anemones was asking $150 for the reds and $100 for the greens :huh:. So it looks like I need to put in an order with Aquascapers, KPA, and/or Reef Gardener. I did get a nice orange plate coral, which is eating like crazy already.

All the stuff that survived my last tank has been moved into this one, with the exception of the fish. I figured I'd wait until next weekend after I did my first water change. I'm really happy that the corals are already extending and looking better, but they are frighteningly bleached out. I've been target feeding, so I'm pretty sure they'll make a full comeback.

Deleted User 4

Hmm weird, I heard mixed up reviews on Max being awesome this year...

Was it cracking like rap last year?

I remember I went to max last year and the prices were ridiculous to the max. Maybe that's why people call it max. Hence the reason why I walked out with nothing lmao.

Rap had good/fair prices on exquisite looking corals, which fared out to my interests.

Hmm weird, I heard mixed up reviews on Max being awesome this year...

Was it cracking like rap last year?

I remember I went to max last year and the prices were ridiculous to the max. Maybe that's why people call it max. Hence the reason why I walked out with nothing lmao.

Rap had good/fair prices on exquisite looking corals, which fared out to my interests.

It wasn't nearly as crowded as RAP. I would think it would have been a good show for the zoa enthusiasts, as there were a couple vendors with a ton of small frags. I got 3 encrusted polyps of red hornets for $20. Everything else was blah. Too many reef clubs and not enough higher-end vendors, so it was a mix between $5 chunks of montipora and over-priced everything else. The only guy with dendros was asking $80 a head and someone else had a 5" piece of brown Eunicea for $60. When he told me, I thought he was kidding. I was hoping that cherry corals would have been there. I got some great stuff from them at RAP.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, cherry corals was awesome at rap.

Yeah you're right though. Max comes overly priced....

Weird how some people thought it was good.ha

Looking forward to new pictures of that new red hornet frag. :)

And the orange plate?

Yeah, cherry corals was awesome at rap.

Yeah you're right though. Max comes overly priced....

Weird how some people thought it was good.ha

Looking forward to new pictures of that new red hornet frag. :)

And the orange plate?

I mean, if you were someone who had a tank and just wanted to fill space without going all crazy high-end everything then it probably would have been a good show, because for that stuff, the prices were good. Like there was a guy with an entire frag tank of xenia and GSP (and I don't mean Georges St-Pierre....my one and only love :wub: ). You couldn't pay me to put regular xenia in my new tank. I liked the stuff, but it started taking over.

Pics or the orange plate doesn't exist! :P

This afternoon, I promise.

Deleted User 4

Georges St-Pierre? Never heard of it but probably have seen it.

I see. Well at the time I was into the nice collective lps pieces...Even though I was successful in keeping it, I ended up selling my whole lps collection a few months ago. So, if I ever want to go to rap again or even possibly max...lmao, I will try to get a new fish or some new equipments? I have no idea since I'm just going to convert the tank to a pom pom xenia jungle lmao.

Georges St-Pierre? Never heard of it but probably have seen it.

GSP is an MMA fighter. The ONLY GSP that I allow in my house. Green star polyps have been banished.

2086985184_1363628484.jpg

I have no idea since I'm just going to convert the tank to a pom pom xenia jungle lmao.

What happened to the bubble-tip tank idea?

Deleted User 4

Lolol Ohh, thought you meant a coral....lolol.

Yeah, feeding the nems every 3 days is too tiresome for me. You know how I am, the usual lazyass.

I want something that moves on its own all the time. Pulses. :)

Easy peasy to maintain too, well on my part.

Psychosis, stop calling people gay (as if its a bad thing).

Gawd, its like babysitting high schoolers around here.

Deleted User 4

Gawd, its like babysitting high schoolers around here.

Thanks Lalani :)

Hero.

I don't know what happened while I was gone, but ain't nobody bein' a hater on my thread (that what we have Nylon's thread for).

In other news, here are the new additions:

8632148225_b0acec3332_z.jpg

8632144361_f3eeb7c417_z.jpg

I don't know what happened while I was gone, but ain't nobody bein' a hater on my thread (that what we have Nylon's thread for).

In other news, here are the new additions:

8632148225_b0acec3332_z.jpg

8632144361_f3eeb7c417_z.jpg

Purdy! Purdy!!!

The blastos and plate look sweet!

When will the new tank be done with the cycle?

It finished it's initial cycle last Thursday and now it's mini cycling (ammonia has been holding the past few days at 0.25pp). So, I don't know, it's always a waiting game.

Morning! What happened to the puppy?

I'm such a sucker, if everything goes well at the bag bad vet's tomorrow I'm keeping her. I HIGHLY doubt that she is micro-chipped, but you never know. She's so freaking happy all the time, I love it.

8634365089_e96b471e6a_z.jpg

At a friend's BBQ last weekend.

8634364545_902759ec5e_z.jpg

In her new fancy bed.

Archived