Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very interested to see the finished product here !
Me either! The new silicone coat should be 48 hours around 9 tonight! Tomorrow morning I will leak test. If all is good I will scape the fuge while dry and then hopefully have the fuge running tomorrow night! That should be fine because the mangroves are supposed to arrive Thursday.

*waits to see media basket* :ninja:
It should be interesting for my first time using weldon and acrylic!
Lolol. :)

Your negativity isn't needed.

Neither can I.. usually have to buy online..

Thats what Im gonna do. In the mean time I am going to design a new way better media basket. I will have some eye candy tomorrow morning though! :)

Deleted User 4

Your negativity isn't needed. Thats what Im gonna do. In the mean time I am going to design a new way better media basket. I will have some eye candy tomorrow morning though! :)

Sometimes it's funny. :)

Deleted User 4

Not finding weldon isnt a lol neither is paying $5 shipping. :)

Sorry, I didn't know what a weldon was. What is it exactly? :)

Oh, no biggie. :) Almost made me thought it was a fish or something.

I actually found a weldon at the LFS I work at. It is around 2" and eating frozen!

On a serious note I ordered Weld-on #4 online tonight and Im gonna post my idea for the media basket so all of you can give input on it!

WELL... My dreams were crushed again..... I cant get weld-on ANYWHERE local. :( No media basket tonight..

I hate that, your all ready to go on a project and then one usually easy to obtain item is out of stock everywhere. Really kills your DIY mood :(.

The basket looks really good though, can't wait to see the finished product.

Fantastic tank. I had wanted to do a BTA dominated tank but wussed out when I got the oppotunity.

Is that still your plan for this tank? Mostly BTAs?

Fantastic tank. I had wanted to do a BTA dominated tank but wussed out when I got the oppotunity.

Is that still your plan for this tank? Mostly BTAs?

Thank you! Yes that is still the plan for this tank! I have been slacking on getting more BTAs while setting up the new fuge and the money I put into that. My main project right now is to get the yellow BTA to keep coloring up so when it splits it is more valuable which means even more nems! I really wish I had your camera skills to capture how nice these btas really are!

Just finished putting my new sump in! Im supposed to get mangroves and LEDS tomorrow! That means I will put some pics up! Weld on is expected on Saturday so I shold have the media basket later that day too!

Here's the fuge process so far!

Here's the cleaned sand all dumped in.

k9F0OcF.jpg

Sand bed smoothed out.

o0q2Zl9.jpg

Rough Scape for now!

W5y5Svl.jpg

RapidLED 2NW and 1RB installed above the fuge.(Not as blue as pic if I had to guess it looks around 10-12k)

xPXvBDL.jpg

If you look close in the last pic you can see a few mangroves in the 3rd chamber. The reason for this is they are too short for the fuge right now. Once they are tall enough they will be moved. Also this weekend my Aunt and Uncle are taking down their BC14 they have some weird macros in a few places on the rock so I plan on taking those for the fuge along with a pound or 2 of their LR to diversify the fuge. I also have a local guy that I plan on getting Cheato, Flame Algae, Xenia, and GSP to add to the fuge.

Nice work on the silicone job!! :blink:

Sorry its not ADA or Elos quality. This is my first time siliconing acrylic to glass.. I was planning on blocking the ugly spots with tall plants..

And wuddup with your holes man?

Those are gonna be hidden by mangroves because I dont like seeing the holes leading to chamber 3 either.

lol

What?

Deleted User 4

Eh, good thing the sump is hidden in the cabinet stand. :)

So how's cleaning the mame overflow working for you?

I'm worried that if I were to get the lily pipes, those parts will grow algae in no time..and I have no idea how to clean the tubings/lily pipes.

My eheim pipes are already grown with brown/green hair algae.

Eh, good thing the sump is hidden in the cabinet stand. :)

So how's cleaning the mame overflow working for you?

I'm worried that if I were to get the lily pipes, those parts will grow algae in no time..and I have no idea how to clean the tubings/lily pipes.

My eheim pipes are already grown with brown/green hair algae.

Yeah I guess it's good that it's in the stand. I wont post pics of it again until it is looking good and complete then.

The mame is pretty easy to clean. I have a brush that I got with a filter some time ago and that cleans it pretty good. It splits into 3 pieces you know!

Archived