Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

1. I was actually calculateing that today! 2. I'm finalizing the baffle dimensions. 3. Not really, I only have 1 baffle now and I dont get any. This design has to go over 2. Thanks for giving me some things to think about Mr. Microscope!

Here's a site I use for calculating volume. Good luck!

Calculating Aquarium Volume

Well of cource when Im on a fishing trip all the issues with the tank happen. We lost power for 3 hours in the middle of the night. When I heard I thought "Oh the tank will be fine the fish were sleeping anyways and the "self-restart" MAME will work for me since I have tested many times." Well I was wrong I got home today to the tank completely full and the MAME not running and about a gallon of water on the floor. I have NO IDEA how it happened since the sump is designed to have the pump run dry before the tank flooded. So the tank was running with out a heater,skimmer, or flow for almost 36 hours. Thankfully no casualties though. I am pretty pissed that the mame didn't restart it self though. Tank is running good now that Im home.

Was excited about possibly using a Mame when I setup a 60p...not so much now :(

Aquarium volume is easy to calculate, just be certain to use interior dimensions: Length*Width*Height/231

Was excited about possibly using a Mame when I setup a 60p...not so much now :(

Aquarium volume is easy to calculate, just be certain to use interior dimensions: Length*Width*Height/231

Stay excited! I dont have an ato so i had a gallon of ro i put in before I left thats probably the only reason it overflowed.

Stay excited! I dont have an ato so i had a gallon of ro i put in before I left thats probably the only reason it overflowed.

I'll try :) The though of water all over the floor is scary though.

I'll try :) The though of water all over the floor is scary though.

My room is linoleum with a rug over it so it wasnt a huge issue but as long as you do your baffles right.

o_o Didn't know there was one.

Im going pretty ghetto right now though! Im just useing a syringe that barely fits with just a little space no the sides! Im sure you will find something you can use!

Quick Update! I took a few pics of the tank and fish and stuff with the G9 but couldn't get a good FTS <_< In two weekends I will be trading my Paradise Zoa 5p mini-colony away for 3 rics, 1p Space Monster, and 1p Utter Chaos! I'm not really a big fan of micro zoas so that's why they are going. The new sump should be coming soon as well. Finally here is a pic of my Bam Bams! Excuse the algae on the bottom.. Im working on it.

971d9191-4964-4daf-8ea6-616d696a1eb3_zps

MORE G9 Shots! AND A NEW FTS! Excuse the FTS from yesterday... I didn't like it that much so I got a good one with the G9 today!

Here's the FTS(Also in first post)

RvBfiYw.jpg

The next photo was taken under some odd settings I chose. The nem looks closer to how it actually looks under the blue channel but everything blue is grey. Either way I think they turned out pretty cool!

t12n55y.jpg

This picture is my absolute favorite of the bunch! It was a top down of my absolute favorite stoney coral the frogspawn! This was also my first time ever messing with curve of the colors! I think it makes a awesome wallpaper!

1R432fC.jpg

Finally a shot of my AOGs for mattclark82!

7ePITiy.jpg

mattclark82

Finally a shot of my AOGs for mattclark82! 7ePITiy.jpg

Sweet. I am need to trade in some of my other softies for more room, to get some killer zoanthids. How did BW Vit-c help with them?

Sweet. I am need to trade in some of my other softies for more room, to get some killer zoanthids. How did BW Vit-c help with them?

The VC didn't really help the AOGs they were already happy! The vit c helped touchier zoas like Paradise and Purple Hornets!

1R432fC.jpg

This picture is badass!!!

Thanks! Im pretty happy with how it turned out! Tone curve took a while for me to get the hang of but once I did I was getting some crazy results!

Nice man. You got some scrubbing to do though.

Illu your back!!! Also to the algae... I know I am using GFO to help fight it and I will be doing some manual removal soon.

Mame overflow/ clear tubings are a bit harsh to clean... :)

I thought you meant the sand and tank! The mame is pretty easy to clean. I just need to buy some new tubing! Ill get the tubing in a week or two when I have to buy acrylic for the new sump.

Getting the new sump Friday! I will post lots of pics of the building process. After seeing Nanotopia's work on her sump and other stuff around her tank! Here's a link if you haven't seen her build yet.

Nanotopia's ADA Build

Her build has given my lots of inspiration for how this sump should look but, I can only hope it will turn out half as good as any thing she has done. :P

Archived