Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

Not completely open yet but I know he is like the sellers pic. Just a bit more pink than the pic.. but pink is cool too!

XaEJZxR.jpg

Here's the surprise! I figured the new nem needed a friend so I went to the LFS and got this awesome little guy!

B5sQXs3.jpg

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice BTA/friend.

Yeah I hope the crab finds the nem soon. He molted a few hours after he came in the tank so he is hiding and not looking for a nem yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is a bit of a photo update!

Yup. He is hosting. :happydance:
sk6tfil.jpg

Here's a new pic of the nem, seems to be coloring up after the shipping stress! fingerscrossed
LZ3oRMe.jpg

And this is coming in the next few days! Thanks Clayalaleona! :D
Cs1O8es.jpg

Also just realized that 19 people are following my thread! Thanks everyone!

Those look amazing! :blink:

Once nanoreefer11's Sherman splits again...I'll be in business! ;)

Got a link to a "Sherman"?

Can I ask which LFS you got the crab? I've been looking for one for my nem since my clown hasn't shown an interest for almost a year.

Can I ask which LFS you got the crab? I've been looking for one for my nem since my clown hasn't shown an interest for almost a year.

Petexpo in Kato. Their coral selection is junk but they have decent fish and inverts!

Your photos really make me want a RBTA...already want one, but fear it ending up in a bad spot and or outgrowing said spot and limiting my overall coral capacity/selection.

My LFS has a nice, generic, one in stock for $60 (I get 25% off) that I could pick up at any time...

Your photos really make me want a RBTA...already want one, but fear it ending up in a bad spot and or outgrowing said spot and limiting my overall coral capacity/selection.

My LFS has a nice, generic, one in stock for $60 (I get 25% off) that I could pick up at any time...

Seems like a good deal but there are some nice ones you could snipe on ebay from lareefs today. They are all 2" so it will take a while to get big.

I updated the sig! Not sure if anyone noticed but I will be updateing it periodicaly as I add nems(or they split fingerscrossed ) Here's the full size because a few of you liked the last B&W FTS way back when.

pTBluia.jpg

Seems like a good deal but there are some nice ones you could snipe on ebay from lareefs today. They are all 2" so it will take a while to get big.

They certainly do have some nice nems, but the shipping would put them at about $100 vs ~$50 from my LFS. Also convinced them to throw in the porcelain crab that is hanging around the nem o_o

They certainly do have some nice nems, but the shipping would put them at about $100 vs ~$50 from my LFS. Also convinced them to throw in the porcelain crab that is hanging around the nem o_o

Well you get what you pay for. A plain rose would be fun and still look nice but you are already concerened with the BTA moving or getting too big which means you probably will only be getting one. Do it big for your only nem and get something out of the ordnary but if you really like the RBTA and crab go ahead! Or you could wait for me to get more nems and when I cut one or it splits I could hook you up. :D

Here's the Sunburst like BTA I picked up tonight. I wont call it a Sunburst yet because I believe it can color up a bit more but it is already REALLY green on the base and yellow on the tips. It can only get better cause my LFS has their nems under old crappy T-5 bulbs. Edger the YCG was really interested in the new addition!

7swbcFH.jpg

Paandemonium

Here's the Sunburst like BTA I picked up tonight. I wont call it a Sunburst yet because I believe it can color up a bit more but it is already REALLY green on the base and yellow on the tips. It can only get better cause my LFS has their nems under old crappy T-5 bulbs. Edger the YCG was really interested in the new addition!7swbcFH.jpg

:wub: this is sooooo cute :)

Archived