Cultivated Reef

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

Mmmmm you no likey razor? Ohhh me no likey.

No I like it a lot! Just all the places that propagate nems that I have asked use T-5 or MH. I would rather have beautiful nems than a fun light. Have you seen how awesome the shimmer of a MH is?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

No I like it a lot! Just all the places that propagate nems that I have asked use T-5 or MH. I would rather have beautiful nems than a fun light. Have you seen how awesome the shimmer of a MH is?

Lol, you should see the shimmer effects that a kessil would put out. Amazing, even more than mh. :)

Lol, you should see the shimmer effects that a kessil would put out. Amazing, even more than mh. :)

So you reccomend a kessil? 15k?

Mmmm yeah, 15k would be better for the nems imo.

I have the 10k still. Very good light.

Ill look into it! I was contemplating 4 bulb t5 as well.

Deleted User 4

Mmmm yeah but thing is, if you were to go kessil..how would you mount it? I freaking hate the gooseneck look hence why I'm talking to phattypeeps to see if I can get a hold of that custom kessil lamp drawing plans.

Mmmm yeah but thing is, if you were to go kessil..how would you mount it? I freaking hate the gooseneck look hence why I'm talking to phattypeeps to see if I can get a hold of that custom kessil lamp drawing plans.
Your right. I think Im now on the search for a 150w MH!
Yeah, hang it lol.

Thats the plan. I am going to change the razor settings one last time though and try to get it right. I should know if I really want to go through in a month. One thing that I MAY consider if I get the MH is do a hanging/floating canopy above the tank!

Nems not receiving enough light imo. How low are your settings?

Theyd be brown not white.

Highest is 20-40 it used to be 15-60.

Not sure if anemones would turn brown. They aren't like corals in that way. Could be wrong. If they're 'bleeching' they aren't getting enough light. I don't know what it is about nems. I've had no luck with them (except mini carpets). I really like the 150 kessil. However I did not like the 350 which is the one that is tunable. Did not look natural IMO. MH with LEDs for sunrise/sunset would be best IMO. Just can't really add a chiller.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, nems don't really turn brown when there's not enough light. They usually bleach out when there's not enough light though. You should set the razor at 50%-80%.

Look at the reefbrite fixtures! Worth it imo!

It says +$250 for 2 led strips. I could just use some Ecoxotic strips for far less but the ReefBrite looks really cool!

Deleted User 4

Alright guys Ill crank her up!

Yes! I think that should help a lot. By the way, are your palys/zoas still reaching out for light with their extended stalks?

I still think you should stick with the razor. Reefbrite looks like crap imo.

Yes! I think that should help a lot. By the way, are your palys/zoas still reaching out for light with their extended stalks?

I still think you should stick with the razor. Reefbrite looks like crap imo.

Only stretching is the AOG. I have to remove a ball anemone from their plug as well.

It says +$250 for 2 led strips. I could just use some Ecoxotic strips for far less but the ReefBrite looks really cool!

Just the fixture without the strips! Its dimable. If you use a twin arc bulb, you can also get two colors! (Only with the 250-400 watt)

Archived