Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

Just the fixture without the strips! Its dimable. If you use a twin arc bulb, you can also get two colors! (Only with the 250-400 watt)

If I get a 250 it would be a Radium but I think that is over kill and will get pretty hot.

BTW 500th REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giesemann Nova II für den Sieg!

I was thinking something cheeper like a Coralife Clamp on, Sunpod, or a Fishneedit painted black! Im in highschool I wamt to get monwy back not loose all the money from selling the Razor and then some.

The razor is still better though.... :)

Looks wise? No competition between ANY other lights. Coral happyness wise? I could do better. CC said they use 250w 20000k Halides. I plan to use the DE Radium 150 or a Phoenix. Do you think a hanging cannopy to match my stand would be cool? I would probably mount the Halide in there(With good cooling) and a few Royal Blue and blue LEDs because thats the only thing that I would miss. Ill try to find a good pic of a hanging canopy. I know it would keep the clean rimless look.

Someone also posted a FNI 150w a while back for $80. There were no replys on it so Im trying to secure it.

Haven't Updated in a while so heres a little one with a bigger one coming soon!

First off I have a new light coming! A Coralife Clamp On 150w HQI coming some time this week. I plan to hang it on its own if possiable but if not, I'm building a hanging/floating canopy! Yesterday I was looking at the mangroves for the first time since I put them in there and they all have popped some little roots out and two are tall enough for the main fuge now!(Pic below) In anemone news which I think is what most of you care about, I'm getting a SUPER RED RBTA from my LFS in the next couple days. I also have a really special anemone showing up some time this week! Im not giving hints just pics once it arrives! Lastly in some sad news while I was gone over last weekend my YCG must have been eaten by an anemone. Kind of sad because he was a fun little guy but I think Im going to have to stick with just the clowns and other things that can live in the anemones.

Heres the mangrove pic! I plan to add cheato and flame algae soon once I can meet up with a local reefer that has some for me!

l9jEmu0.jpg

Weren't you going to get the lamp from Lawnman?

Got a better deal and I wouldnt have to go a few days light less. Dont worry it will look good!

Had to do some catch-up on this thread. Everything is looking wonderful. How's the anemone crab doing? I was thinking of getting one myself (minus the anemone) and was wondering how you like him/her? :)

Had to do some catch-up on this thread. Everything is looking wonderful. How's the anemone crab doing? I was thinking of getting one myself (minus the anemone) and was wondering how you like him/her? :)

Thanks! I would have to disagree on the wonderful though the sand looks terrible with some red algae crap on it and the nems could use some coloring up but the crab looks pretty happy! The clowns kicked him out of the nems but he seems just as happy on the rock work!

Heres the surprise BTA! It's Clayalaleona's Super Nova BTA. I can definitely see why its called a super nova!

dhW1jjE.jpg

Ill post pictures of the anemone tomorrow once it is settled in!

What's the price on that thing!

Trade ;) It isnt looking super good though :( USPS messed up and it took 2 days... Im going to nurse it back to health though!

Yeah, they're easy to nurse it back.

Boy I hope so! It is so nice just sad right now.

Wow, now that's an anemone! Best of luck to you :)

Thanks Ill need it!

Well I had to toss the Super Nova :( It was falling apart and melting. I will try to get a new one in the next few months though!

Really?? Aww, that's sad.... I didn't think it would die on you.

It was definitely getting nasty and melty. It was such a nice nem :(

Archived