Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

:wub: this is sooooo cute :)

I tried to get one of him looking at the BTA! About 10 seconds after I set it on the rock Edgar tried to host it by brushing up against some tentacles. I hope he wasn't hurt but after that he backed up for this picture. I think he learned to look not touch but who knows maybe I could have a BTA hosting goby!?!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agaves arived just fine after 2-day got backed up to 3-day! Also got 2 freebies! One of the freebies looks like Green People Eaters and the other is a smaller zoa that is still shut. Ill post pics later tonight of the new zs&ps!

Paandemonium

Agaves arived just fine after 2-day got backed up to 3-day! Also got 2 freebies! One of the freebies looks like Green People Eaters and the other is a smaller zoa that is still shut. Ill post pics later tonight of the new zs&ps!

Glad the goods made it to you well ;)

A lot of little creatures like anemones, my LFS has a hippo tang that liked hanging out in one so much they had to remove him cause he was getting stung lmao

Glad the goods made it to you well ;)

A lot of little creatures like anemones, my LFS has a hippo tang that liked hanging out in one so much they had to remove him cause he was getting stung lmao

Hahahahaha thats really funny :D

Yeah looks yellow to me. Not orange, but yellow. How much did you spent?

A pretty good price for how nice it is ;)

Well no guesses? Here it is! MY NEW SUMP!

l2QlIuY.jpg

I will post pics of the whole process tomorrow to show all the stuff I have done to turn this tank into a sump.

Sso what do you think? Can you tell the difference between an ada and a mr. aqua?

They use more silicon but it is clean and straight so thats fine and with glass as thin as the Mr. Aqua is I see no difference from the ADA glass. Thats it though. Its a nice tank. Shame it has to be a sump but thats why Im doing a display fuge.

Deleted User 4

They use more silicon but it is clean and straight so thats fine and with glass as thin as the Mr. Aqua is I see no difference from the ADA glass. Thats it though. Its a nice tank. Shame it has to be a sump but thats why Im doing a display fuge.

Really? That's it? I though their silicone job was a mess lol. And the glass, is it starphire like ada's?

Really? That's it? I though their silicone job was a mess lol. And the glass, is it starphire like ada's?

Quite a bit better than AGA, Aqueon, or Marineland! It isnt that bad kinda wish I would have get the Mr. Aqua 17 instead lol! They make low-iron but mine is regular and the only way I can tell them apart is by looking through the sides of it(greenish vs blueish)

I just saw a lemon drop for $400. It was a fair size too!

fingerscrossed hope mine is a lemon drop then!

Sell those splits for $100 a piece. ;)

I would sell for that right now if they get SUPER yellow like pics of Lemon drops I wont be letting splits go for 100 ;)

Lolol really? You would choose mr. aqua 17 over the ada 60p? Unbelievable!

:)

I just don't know if I would pay 120 more for cleaner silicon haha.. Ill keep it though because ADAs are sort of a status symbol around here.

Deleted User 4

I just don't know if I would pay 120 more for cleaner silicon haha.. Ill keep it though because ADAs are sort of a status symbol around hear.

$120 more?? How much is the mr. aqua 17? I thought 60p was only $130 plus shipping costs.

FishBrawler

It is really close but I think yours has those purple tips! Some would say (me) that it is more valueable with purple tips!!

$120 more?? How much is the mr. aqua 17? I thought 60p was only $130 plus shipping costs.
ADA costed me $195 shipped Mr. Aqua costed $80 shipped yesterday with 15% off code. The Mr. Aqua went up in price though when I bought the ADA the aqua was round $15-20 cheeper than now..

Tank looks great!
Thank you! :D
It is really close but I think yours has those purple tips! Some would say (me) that it is more valueable with purple tips!!
Some major BTA collectors would dock it for that though but I agree with you the little redish purpleish dots on the tips make it even cooler!
Deleted User 4

Lolol I see. Well, that's too bad ain't it? LOL I was the one who convinced you to buy the ada 60p instead of the mr. aqua 17. :)

I don't like Mr. Aqua...so don't blame me!

:)

Reply #399 in this thread. No one post anymore tonight! Im saving Reply 400 for all the pics of my building the sump tomorrow. I have around 10 pics of me building the sump and I will post all the info about it tomorrow. I was hard at work on it tonight! What better way to celebrate than with a new sump!?! :D

Archived