SaltCritters.com

FishDude 75 gallon beast

FishDooD65

FishDooD65

You have an awesome collection of corals!!!! The mandy is so pretty too!!! :D

Thank you Gena!

Nice addition man, luckily the only thing my girl has wanted in the tank is a red starfish. Whats the mandarin feeding on?

Thanks Bro, its picking on rocks in search of pods. I have pods, but i keep adding pods, rotifer, and phytplankton. I get them from the local clownfish breeder. I am trying to get him to eat frozen but i am sure in time he will learn. I turn off all the flow in the tank so some food can settle on the rocks, i caught him picking on some but i am not sure if he is eating yet. as long as i keep pods i hope he will fine.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Gena!

Thanks Bro, its picking on rocks in search of pods. I have pods, but i keep adding pods, rotifer, and phytplankton. I get them from the local clownfish breeder. I am trying to get him to eat frozen but i am sure in time he will learn. I turn off all the flow in the tank so some food can settle on the rocks, i caught him picking on some but i am not sure if he is eating yet. as long as i keep pods i hope he will fine.

I hope he does well for you man, they truly are beautiful fish.

FishDooD65

I hope he does well for you man, they truly are beautiful fish.

thanks again, only time will tell.

bhskicker18

Silly question, but what brand sand are you using? It's beautiful! I'm restarting my BC29 and love the sand that you are using!

FishDooD65
Silly question, but what brand sand are you using? It's beautiful! I'm restarting my BC29 and love the sand that you are using!
no question is a dumb one, its always better to ask then to assume. Thanks for the kind words. The brand is Caribsea and its the Hawaiian Black sand. Good luck on your rebuild!
FishDooD65

So here is a short video of my clownfish. They went from looking like this:

Screenshot_2013-02-07-00-50-46_zps41b252

Now to looking like this:

FishDooD65

Yeah, were they very small when you got them?

Yeah they were tiny lol. I've had them since September/october. Both were bought at a friend's local fish store and I got them both as "True Percs" lol. He sold me an Onyx he mislabeled and kept with true percs lol. He was nice about it and sold me the pair for $40. He definitely hooked me up.

Beautiful mandy. Hope it does well for you!

Thanks a lot. I have been adding rotifer, phtyo, and pods every week. i'm trying to turn the flow down and see if he will eat frozen. I want to try live brine and see if he will go for it.

ANY SUGGESTIONS KAT ON THE MANDARIN???

mrhighline

Good luck with the mandarin .... My LFS Owner has had mixed results with blues and reds. I heard ORA may be discontinuing their tank raised program.

FishDooD65

Wow the clowns turned out really nice. Are they from the guy you were talking about?

Thanks! Originally I believe they are from the breeder, but I bought them from my buddies' store Oceanview Aquarium on Bird Road. I havent confirmed yet but I will soon lol

Those are gorgeous clowns!!! Will they get any darker than that?

Thanks Gena! I believe they will both get a little darker. The line of clownfish my onyx is from gets completely dark except for the front portion of the mouth & eyes, center fins, and rear fin, they stay orange. The other male clown will darken up a little. I believe he is just an ordinary True Percula clownfish with little white sideburns. I should call him Elvis lol.
FishDooD65
Good luck with the mandarin .... My LFS Owner has had mixed results with blues and reds. I heard ORA may be discontinuing their tank raised program.

Thanks! This isnt my first rodeo lol. I had a dragonet (red scooter) before and I was very successful with him. My tank has pods everywhere even in the back chambers and I restock pods every two weeks along with rotifer and phytoplankton, so I am sure he will have food but I am trying to get him to eat live food. We will see what happens. Its interesting if ORA is discontinuing their program, I wonder why?????

FishDooD65

Here's a small verbal update. I fed live brine shrimp yesterday to treat my fish and to try to entice the mandarin to eat. I thinks its too soon as he is a bit finicky and only picking rocks and the back walls in search of pods. As time progresses i am sure things will get better and i am doing my homework and looking at the mandarin thread to give me ideas on how to get my boy to eat other foods.

On the other hand, I will be picking up my LED light fixture today! i got a great deal on a BoostLED Mu unit that i could not pass up. I will probably install it this weekend given the time and i will defnitely keep it posted here in my thread once i get to it.

FishDooD65

Here it is! I got my LED fixture thanks to Tim aka keydiver. Its a boostled mu135, I cant wait to put it up. Here are the pics

20130522_221816_zps8b77ce94.jpg20130522_221632_zpsb838a16d.jpg20130522_221656_zps6911f2a0.jpg20130522_221645_zps4a60f14b.jpg20130522_221708_zps69a4caed.jpg

FishDooD65
Nice! Can't wait to see the difference!!! :D

Thanks! I am excited. The fixture should be installed Sunday if all goes well.

FishDooD65

Put them on!(before sunday) y tira fotos!

Vamos a ver, its party time this weekend and beach time too!

Paandemonium

Vamos a ver, its party time this weekend and beach time too!

The weather is beautiful!(when its not pouring), party for me? I'll be inside an office. Also, dont put them on while hungover it just doesnt work well :lol:

Archived