ReefCleaners.org

FishDude 75 gallon beast

FishDooD65

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishDooD65

Well heres an update, I lost the fruit loops and lucky charm zoas. I think they came off the glue. One of my other zoas is closed, water params are perfect according to the LFS and I have no doubts. I will let nature take its course and whatever survives will survive. My fish are all doing well, clowns are still picking at each other to determine dominance. On the other hand I have some plans, I am thinking of redoing my aquascape, I might even break some rocks since I have some big pieces. Maybe add another fish soon. We will see. Any suggestions are always welcomed. Thanks.

Oh and by the way, if you are instagram follow my hashtag for my cube! #fishdoodcube or add me : erwinr5

Thanks!

FishDooD65

Here are some new pics

20130429_093818_zps43e26ff2.jpg20130429_093807_zps9f235475.jpg

Yellow Brick Roads

20130419_222107_zpsfca6e0be.jpg

No clue but nice 3-4 polyps for $10

20130428_101846_zps6bb292b4.jpg

FishDooD65

I will add a poll about my next fish soon. Anyone have any suggestions for fish. I have two clowns, a purple firefish, and a tailspot blenny. I was thinking of adding a banggai or a pajama cardinal.

FishDooD65

So here's an update, I got some new pieces. I got some fruit loops, punk rockers, and some nuclear green palys. The rastas in the back i've had. great buys!

20130504_223625_zps9076e84f.jpg

This guy looks great

20130504_223902_zpsb958709e.jpg

frag rack is full lol

20130504_230844_zpsbde1c399.jpg

my clowns love photo bombing! even my tailspot got in on the action lol

20130504_230905_zpsdc449a73.jpg

FishDooD65

Got some news, in the next month I should be able to upgrade to an LED fixture. I am going with the reefbreeders LED fixture. I am going this route because I will upgrade to a bigger tank in the future and I will just buy another fixture when my new tank is up and running. I will probably be rebuilding my 55 or if I come across a deal on a 75 I will get one. The second benefit of this fixture is that I can keep my factory biocube lid as a backup. if anything were to happen, I would have to send the LED fixture out for repair. So I think having the cover and keeping it intact with the light I can have a backup. I figure that having a second option or plan B is always a great thing to have. This wouldnt be the case if I were to go with the rapidLED or Steves LED being that I have to modify my cube's lid. It just makes no sense to me since I will be upgrading to a bigger tank in the future anyways.

FishDooD65

looking good man. i didnt know you lived in miami lol. Ill start fragging my corals soon enough :) maybe we can trade!

FishDooD65
looking good man. i didnt know you lived in miami lol. Ill start fragging my corals soon enough :) maybe we can trade!
yes sir im in west kendall near the walmart! Let me know what you have when you frag. I honestly have mostly frags myself and do not have much to trade. But I can sure buy frags you might have for sale.
FishDooD65
Nice update, things are looking good. Let me know if you ever frag that war coral.
maybe sooner than you think lol its already growing over the frag tile

I believe I see some of my stuff in there >:D
yup they are there. The only ones not doing so well are I think the agaves. They havent opened up. I dipped them in a little iodine and nothing yet. Oh well sh*t happens lol
Paandemonium

maybe sooner than you think lol its already growing over the frag tile

yup they are there. The only ones not doing so well are I think the agaves. They havent opened up. I dipped them in a little iodine and nothing yet. Oh well sh*t happens lol

Stick them in the shade and see if it gets better
FishDooD65

Stick them in the shade and see if it gets better

let me see if i lower them tonight and see if it helps. they have been closed for like a week already though... :(

FishDooD65
Closed is fine as long as the flesh looks in tact they should eventually open up.
hopefully, thanks!
FishDooD65

Newest addition in my tank is my mandarin. My girl wanted one and it is beautiful. So much color on it, it adds so much beauty. I also took some new photos. Enjoy!

20130518_193607_zpsaaa9dd36.jpg

20130518_193622_zpsf0220c91.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-18-19-17-35_zpsa03147

20130518_200856_zps3acbc29a.jpg

20130518_200724_zpse3d46faa.jpg

20130518_200653_zps0ae19a79.jpg

Nice addition man, luckily the only thing my girl has wanted in the tank is a red starfish. Whats the mandarin feeding on?

Archived