SaltCritters.com

FishDude 75 gallon beast

FishDooD65

UPDATE!!!!!

I got some new zoanthids, they are no named and in the process of being identified.

Blue Springeri Damsel (peaceful fish)

20130614_220731_zps43ec247d.jpg

Top Down Frag Rack shot

20130614_220834_zpscd7edb3e.jpg

20130614_220832_zps7610526c.jpg

*******AND IN OTHER NEWS*********

I got the ok from the wife for a bigger tank. I am going to start piecing together for the rebuild of my 55. Revenge of the reef!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here's an update, i submitted some photos of the zoanthids i got to Coral Pedia since i had no luck identifying them on other forums, through the web, and a friend who is a zoanthid/paly guru/junkie lol. I am awaiting a response from them and will see if i have found new zoas and will name them myself! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Here are some pics!

Electric Oompa Loompa

20130617_205626_zpsa09386bc.jpg

CARs up front (not open) and Miami Vice in the back.

20130617_205659_zps59eaa7e0.jpg

I like my springeri damsel

20130615_215021_zpsb5d55d7b.jpg

what size bigger tank? or just back to the 55?

I want a 75 but i am just going to setup my 55 again. it will probably be somewhat cheaper to setup than a 75. eventually i will go to a 125.

Springers damsels are awesome

My buddy turned me on to them, i love how peaceful it has been and i was told they can eat flatworms or some sort of pest.... i don't know 100%. its color pops in my LED lighting. I will probably get two other ones when i setup my bigger tank

a 75 sounds like a good stepping stone to the 125. If I had the option and known more at the time I definitely would've gone bigger right off the bat.

I want a 75 but i am just going to setup my 55 again. it will probably be somewhat cheaper to setup than a 75. eventually i will go to a 125.

My buddy turned me on to them, i love how peaceful it has been and i was told they can eat flatworms or some sort of pest.... i don't know 100%. its color pops in my LED lighting. I will probably get two other ones when i setup my bigger tank

They are indeed the most peaceful of the damselfish in the hobby right beside Vanderbilt chromis. But yes they will eat flatworms just like a coris or radiant wrasse

a 75 sounds like a good stepping stone to the 125. If I had the option and known more at the time I definitely would've gone bigger right off the bat.

Yeah but only one problem, the 75 is not sold in the dollar per gallon sale at petco and the stand will be more expensive. i will also need equipment for a bigger tank. Honestly i think the 55 is my best option, i have my 55 tank and i will get a 20 long for a sump and build it. I can use some of the equipment from my biocube, skimmer, powerheads, and heater. I also have an overflow box, hoses, and return pump from my old setup. i will eventually upgrade to an sca-301 skimmer and a jebao wp25 powerhead. i would also have to get a bigger skimmer, powerheads, and heater for a 75. The cheapest 75 tanks i have found are $135 from a guy on craigs and the stand i am sure will be expensive. the stand for my 55 is $75. Plus, i can use my 55 later as a sump for my 125 build when i get to it. i think its my best option, i am tight on cash. Saving for my wedding. Thanks for contributing to my thread!

They are indeed the most peaceful of the damselfish in the hobby right beside Vanderbilt chromis. But yes they will eat flatworms just like a coris or radiant wrasse

Thanks for the insight and comments, my thread has been dead lately lol

Yeah but only one problem, the 75 is not sold in the dollar per gallon sale at petco and the stand will be more expensive. i will also need equipment for a bigger tank. Honestly i think the 55 is my best option, i have my 55 tank and i will get a 20 long for a sump and build it. I can use some of the equipment from my biocube, skimmer, powerheads, and heater. I also have an overflow box, hoses, and return pump from my old setup. i will eventually upgrade to an sca-301 skimmer and a jebao wp25 powerhead. i would also have to get a bigger skimmer, powerheads, and heater for a 75. The cheapest 75 tanks i have found are $135 from a guy on craigs and the stand i am sure will be expensive. the stand for my 55 is $75. Plus, i can use my 55 later as a sump for my 125 build when i get to it. i think its my best option, i am tight on cash. Saving for my wedding. Thanks for contributing to my thread!

Thanks for the insight and comments, my thread has been dead lately lol

Ive been to worried about my tank to keep up with everyone else lol. Just now starting too. Anytime fishdude :)

Yeah but only one problem, the 75 is not sold in the dollar per gallon sale at petco

the only problem there is that neither is the 55 anymore...

Ive been to worried about my tank to keep up with everyone else lol. Just now starting too. Anytime fishdude :)

I am sure you will have all your issues dealt with and figured out, lots of luck and don't be a stranger. My name is Erwin, nice meeting you. I have always loved your tank and the aquascape is amazing. I hope to design my new structure like yours, its beautiful!

the only problem there is that neither is the 55 anymore...

But i already have a 55 lol, I kept my old one and didn't sell... i might have not mentioned that lol

Now the questions are...... should i sell the biocube and stand to make some cash towards the new build? Keep it as a frag tank? Keep it as a quarantine tank for the future?

I am sure you will have all your issues dealt with and figured out, lots of luck and don't be a stranger. My name is Erwin, nice meeting you. I have always loved your tank and the aquascape is amazing. I hope to design my new structure like yours, its beautiful!

But i already have a 55 lol, I kept my old one and didn't sell... i might have not mentioned that lol

Why hello Erwin, thanks for the compliments on my aquascape. And the good well wishes. Im sure you can come up with an aquascape like it. As mark (Spiro) always says. Grab some tequilla, hack saw, chisel, hammer, and epoxy putty and get a grove going. I say keep the bc14 for qt. But you could sell it and setup a 10 gallon qt for about 20 bucks

Why hello Erwin, thanks for the compliments on my aquascape. And the good well wishes. Im sure you can come up with an aquascape like it. As mark (Spiro) always says. Grab some tequilla, hack saw, chisel, hammer, and epoxy putty and get a grove going. I say keep the bc14 for qt. But you could sell it and setup a 10 gallon qt for about 20 bucks

its a biocube 29 lol

Picked up some new coral and lost one. I lost my oompa loompa frag, i guess it wasn't glued well....FML this cannot happen again, i will make it my priority! I picked up some blue macaws and tyree space monster polyp. check out my acans, they have gotten purdy big! My LEDs are in full effect of these pics lol.

Blue Macaws

20130624_225457_zps981f44ab.jpg

Space Monster

20130624_225517_zps89778c07.jpg

Acans

20130624_004240_zpsf91e4f15.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS, I WILL BE SETTING UP MY 55 AGAIN! I GOT MY STAND AND CANOPY THIS PAST WEEKEND

20130623_130934_zpsc574d1bd.jpg

Note: Stand and Canopy will be re-stained to a dark espresso stain. There's more on the way soon!

So far on my list of zoas/palys are: blue macaws, speckled people eaters, rastas, fruit loops, fire & ice, ring of fire, hawaiian morph paly, blue agave, tyree space monster, cornbred punk rockers, nuclear green palys, armor of god, yellow brick roads, CARs, magician palys, miami vice, sunny d, king midas, captain americas, eagle eyes, and radioactive dragon eyes. I have one special colony of zoanthids that are unnamed and will not be released publicly yet. Next week i have more zoas and palys coming in, Wow paly, goblins on fire, vivid rainbows, and orange envys... MORE TO COME!

*******AND IN OTHER NEWS*********

I got the ok from the wife for a bigger tank. I am going to start piecing together for the rebuild of my 55. Revenge of the reef!!!

Woot! Congrats! And that 55g looks so much bigger than a 55g!!!!!

Woot! Congrats! And that 55g looks so much bigger than a 55g!!!!!

Thanks a lot! It looks bigger i guess because of the canopy but I am excited! I know i have to spend some money now on another LED fixture too lol. These tanks are making us poor! I need to start fragging and sell some coral, all I have are some soft corals

Thanks a lot! It looks bigger i guess because of the canopy but I am excited! I know i have to spend some money now on another LED fixture too lol. These tanks are making us poor! I need to start fragging and sell some coral, all I have are some soft corals

That is so true. I've spent so much this month! I've been working hard to pay for it all though. :) Selling frags will definitely help. I need to do that too! :D

New corals just in; Wow paly, vivid rainbow, orange envy, goblins on fire, and cornbred yellow jawbreaker. I also have a special delivery coming in tomorrow! Sorry for the blue lights, lights were powering down

Orange envy

20130626_103025_zps2b469862.jpg

Vivid Rainbow

20130626_103005_zps1718d3aa.jpg

Goblins on fire

20130626_102956_zps297c65a5.jpg

Cornbred yellow jawbreaker

20130626_102945_zps8aee7035.jpg

FishDooD65

Another Update! I got a new frag! I got two nice polyps of blonde blue eyed bitches aka blondies

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/redsihatch/media/20130628_200632_zps760f55fe.jpg.html'>20130628_200632_zps760f55fe.jpg

an FTS, well overall tank photo

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/redsihatch/media/20130629_222506_zps4fcf20f4.jpg.html'>20130629_222506_zps4fcf20f4.jpg

Bertha always following me around

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/redsihatch/media/20130627_212339_zps75796428.jpg.html'>20130627_212339_zps75796428.jpg

in other news, since Petco's dollar per gallon sale started today here in Miami, i bought my new tank i will use as a sump for my new 55 build. Production of the sump build will begin tomorrow and the rest of the week until its finished. Little by little things are getting done, I also went by Walmart to check out some stains i would want to use for the stand and canopy. Now i must negotiate things with the tank manager aka my wife lol

Archived