SaltCritters.com

FishDude 75 gallon beast

FishDooD65

FishDooD65

The weather is beautiful!(when its not pouring), party for me? I'll be inside an office. Also, dont put them on while hungover it just doesnt work well :lol:

LMFAO! the last thing i will think about is the fish tank when i am buzzed. but yeah i promised the wifey we will spend some time and have fun before i mess with my tank, so i am stuck either way lol

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

LMFAO! the last thing i will think about is the fish tank when i am buzzed. but yeah i promised the wifey we will spend some time and have fun before i mess with my tank, so i am stuck either way lol

I tried to do a drunk water change once and it went surprisingly well lmao. Gotta make wifey happy otherwise wifey finds creative ways to punish you lol

No WC = Fish tank mad

No wifey time = Wifey Mad

Tough decision but Im with claya, worst your tank can do is crash, worst your wifey can do is....

FishDooD65

No WC = Fish tank mad

No wifey time = Wifey Mad

Tough decision but Im with claya, worst your tank can do is crash, worst your wifey can do is....

LMFAO, she will leave me! She thinks my life revolves completely around my tank. It does to some extent, but I do enjoy going out and doing a lot of other things.

I tried to do a drunk water change once and it went surprisingly well lmao. Gotta make wifey happy otherwise wifey finds creative ways to punish you lol

LOL, true. I try to give her a lot of attention but you can't give it all cuz then they want it all the time! Like they say too much of anything is bad for you. Drunk water change lmfao, i can only imagine!!!! Here tank have a drink!!!! everyone get crunk, all the fishies!!!!! (Pours liquor into the tank!) WHOOPS!!!

Paandemonium

LMFAO, she will leave me! She thinks my life revolves completely around my tank. It does to some extent, but I do enjoy going out and doing a lot of other things.

LOL, true. I try to give her a lot of attention but you can't give it all cuz then they want it all the time! Like they say too much of anything is bad for you. Drunk water change lmfao, i can only imagine!!!! Here tank have a drink!!!! everyone get crunk, all the fishies!!!!! (Pours liquor into the tank!) WHOOPS!!!

The worst is if she finds creative ways to punish you! Or if the silent treatment get brought up(that is deadly)

I started talking to the fish lmao they had my life story and I apologized to them for "seeing me change all the time" cause the tank is in my room lmaoooooo

FishDooD65

The worst is if she finds creative ways to punish you! Or if the silent treatment get brought up(that is deadly)

I started talking to the fish lmao they had my life story and I apologized to them for "seeing me change all the time" cause the tank is in my room lmaoooooo

LMFAO, the male fish were probably thinking BOOBIES!!!! while the females were yelling covering their eyes with their side fins!

Small update, I bought my light brackets for my fixture today. So i will install some time this weekend!

FishDooD65
FishDooD65

I have the light higher to help my corals acclimate, i might use screen mesh to possibly dim some light. The royal blue and violets on one circuit only have 5 rows of 7 LEDs (35 LEDs) that are on 6 hours and the white/blue daylight mixtures that ar eon the other circuit have 12 rows of 7 LEDs (84 LEDs) that will be on for only 2 hours to start. The tank will only get full intensity of the fixture for two hours, if its too much i will lower the time on full intensity and possibly raise the light or ass screen mesh to dim. Hopefully things will go well!

FishDooD65

So here's an update after a few days of LEDs being the source of lighting. Everything looks good so far, I lowered some corals lower to help acclimate them better to the new light, but everything for the most part is opening up. I raised the fixture some more after i noticed my war coral and green leather slightly lightened in color a little. Right now it is on two hours of full intensity with the fixture about 10"-11" above the water surface, on Saturday or Sunday if things are ok i will extend full intensity by 1 hour, so there will be 3 hours of full intensity. I also did some cleaning this weekend, I cleaned out my Tunze 9002. i haven't cleaned it in for about 7-8 months, so i gave it a good scrub and vinegar bath for 2 hours. That is all for now!

FishDooD65
This looks so f-ing cute!
I dont know whether to say thanks or are you serious? a woman's touch goes a long way huh? Lol
Paandemonium

I dont know whether to say thanks or are you serious? a woman's touch goes a long way huh? Lol

It looks good :) I can't figure out how I'm going to hang the radion as I don't want to hang it from the ceiling how much we're these brackets?

FishDooD65

It looks good :) I can't figure out how I'm going to hang the radion as I don't want to hang it from the ceiling how much we're these brackets?

cheap, I spent like $30 for the screws, 2 rails, and 2 brackets at home depot.
Paandemonium

cheap, I spent like $30 for the screws, 2 rails, and 2 brackets at home depot.

I'll probably have someone build me something cute I'm just having nightmares of the radion falling in my tank :unsure:

FishDooD65
I'll probably have someone build me something cute I'm just having nightmares of the radion falling in my tank :unsure:
lol I was skeptical at first too but this is honestly a no brainer. As long as its secured and you have some sort of backup (I have zip ties tied on just in case the metal cables fail) you will be fine.
FishDooD65

New update, pics will come soon. I got some new zoas, an electric oompa loompa and specked people eater frags. I also had to remove the tailspot blenny, he was acting mean towards my other fish.This is the first time I have seen a mean tailspot blenny, so he had to go. I added a pygmy angel aka cherub angel, he is super small maybe an inch long. I am just hoping he does not nip at my corals, got to keep him well fed. Pics will be posted soon.

FishDooD65

hows everything doing under the new leds?

Things are doing good, these lights are killer lol. My montipora, war coral, and one of my favias started to bleach a little so I had to move them down. I also have the fixture 10"-11" above the water line and I only have the fixture on full blast for 2 hours. Everything seems ok, but i will leave things alone for another week or two like this just to give the corals some time to acclimate.

nice im thinking about giving the reefbreeders value fixture a try. Its either that or spend around 80 for new bulbs for my t5. Really thinking hard about it though. Now would be the perfect time to go led instead of spending money on bulbs.

FishDooD65
nice im thinking about giving the reefbreeders value fixture a try. Its either that or spend around 80 for new bulbs for my t5. Really thinking hard about it though. Now would be the perfect time to go led instead of spending money on bulbs.
you can always get the reefbreeders fixture and then sell your t-5 fixture to get some money back. Also, if you plan on upgrading to a bigger tank then getting the reefbreeders fixture is the way to go.
FishDooD65

Pics as promised

Deresa Clam

20130603_101617_zps5f583f80.jpg

Pygmy Angel

20130603_101713_zps524a1181.jpg

20130603_101708_zps4bee6145.jpg

Oompa Loompa frag on left and Speckled PE on right

20130603_101235_zpsc337fbce.jpg

*BETTER PICS COMING SOON* sorry for the not so great quality.

The wife and I took a trip to new york this weekend and I had some nice finds. I even took a trip down to Manhattan Aquariums. Cool store.

Radio City Music Hall hosting The Tony Awards

20130609_184740_zps2992096e.jpg

We took a trip to Time Square to Madame Tussauds wax museum

20130607_145810_zpsfc009971.jpg

Subway stop for the Roosevelt Natural History Museum

20130609_150955_zpsca42a738.jpg

20130609_150925_zpsf1295efa.jpg

I lost the mandarin a couple of days ago. I have no clue why. My tank has pods, so he didn't starve and he was eating brine and mysis. The pygmy angel is doing great. Some corals have receeded a little because of the strong lighting, but they will he moved into shelter under the rocks. this light is powerful.

:c mandies are so fragile

Yeah, i am not getting another one. I am fighting the itch to get a bigger tank but right now is not the time for me, my wife will kick me out lol, j/k. I don't know if its me or obsession but i am never happy, i always want something else even when my tank is doing good lol

Archived