inTank Media Baskets

Chad's 26g Is coming down!

Chadf

I was bored today so I just did a water test, it's been over a month since the last one.

Mg 1480

Ca 480

Kh 9.6 Dkh

P04 0

N03 .2

I don't know what's going on lately, but my colors are popping like never before. Only thing I'm doing differently is feeding about twice as much phyto as I was. I'm talking clouding up the whole tank and letting the skimmer remove it.

Well off to do my Sunday water change.

P.s. that reef saver rock I added in the back is already growing coralline!

image-15.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I ordered new bulbs, a ton of 2 part, phyto, fish foods, refractometer calibration fluid, and a mag float. It's gonna be like Christmas.

Is that huge ass colony a stylo? Very beautiful aquarium

It's a sour apple birdsnest, thing went from smaller than a baseball to a volleyball in about 15 months. Thanks!

Great work! Can't wait to see some colonies of my own!

Make sure you take pics of your new additions, I love looking back at old pics to see the growth.

RTN! I left for work this morning and everything was fine, come home 11 hours later and about 1" of the base of the selago is dead. I immediately fragged it off and reglued. So far this is the only coral affected, everything else seems happy with crazy PE. If this spreads I'm growing to shoot myself in the face, please pray to the coral gods so I'm not forced to do that.

New bulbs are coming tomorrow, the rest of Christmas should be on Saturday.

Jackal_Knight

sucks about the selago hope its alright after you fragged it. you doing a new bulb combo with the new bulbs you ordered?

What is a Selago any way?

+1 to this lol.

I googled it. Very peculiar Acro, in a kick ass way. I guess they don't like the flow to be quite as turbid as other Acropora.

Sorry to hear that. Was the Selago on the losing end if a turf war maybe? What is a Selago any way?

Nothing too close to it. I am hoping it was caused by the hydnophora growing too close to some zoas, but I think that's just wishful thinking. It is the pink acro colony at the top rear.

sucks about the selago hope its alright after you fragged it. you doing a new bulb combo with the new bulbs you ordered?

We'll find out here in the next day or two.

Same bulb combo, just time for my 8 month change again.

So far the fragging has halted the RTN at the base, now all of the tips are appearing affected (not just typical white growth tips). All other corals are still showing no signs of distress.

On a positive note, new bulbs came today. Not sure if I'm going to change any out yet until I see what happens with the selago.

Hey Chad, how do you have your light hung/mounted above the tank? I'm looking at the ATI T5 fixture and trying to figure out how I'm going to hang this thing. I'm going to try to avoid drilling holes in my ceiling or the wall because I plan on moving this summer. I was just wondering what you did.

Hey Chad, how do you have your light hung/mounted above the tank? I'm looking at the ATI T5 fixture and trying to figure out how I'm going to hang this thing. I'm going to try to avoid drilling holes in my ceiling or the wall because I plan on moving this summer. I was just wondering what you did.

I don't have an ati fixture unfortunately, I'm using a coralife fixture with legs. If it were me I'd make a stand out of 3/4 schedule 40 aluminum pipe at work. You could just buy some pipe and have an exhaust shop bend it for you real quick, then bracket it to the back of your stand.

A somewhat positive note, the selago hasn't gotten any worse since this morning.

Oh ok. So do you have to take it off whenever you want to reach into the tank or does it flip up or slide back? Legs might be the way to go.

Being a bowfront I can reach right in the front, if it wasn't I'd have to constantly lift up the light. I could see that being pretty annoying.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. BTW, your tank is amazing. You have some great coloration and growth. Cant wait for some new lights. I feel so omgomgomg at the thought of an upgrade.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. BTW, your tank is amazing. You have some great coloration and growth. Cant wait for some new lights. I feel so omgomgomg at the thought of an upgrade.

Thanks doc :) I wouldn't ruin the look of a rimless with leg mounts, get the ati. Do it!

man your tank is awesome. if you ever frag the big purple/blue colony lmk. :)

Will do, the one in the back I assume? My wife tells me I'm color blind. And thanks!

Archived