ReefCleaners.org

Chad's 26g Is coming down!

Chadf

Another acro growth shot, yes that bright one is the same coral :) ....you can see the tyree pink lemonade growth comparison behind it.

014.jpg

023.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And of course, you've seen the monti cap. I've even fragged large pieces off a couple of times.

011.jpg

image-8.jpg

Hydnophora grows well even shaded by the cap, it's also been fragged.

019.jpgimage-12.jpg

Dang petco's having another $1 a gallon sale, I must get a 40 breeder. Don't worry the 26 is staying up if I do get one, she has years of growing out ahead of her.

santacreekfurrows

Your stuff looks awesome! Hope I can make it in to "civilization" before the $1/1Gal. sale ends, I have the 50 ready to go up, but could use a 40B for my Malawi Cichlids... I will keep an eye on this thread, and read through the first pages soon, your tank really looks great!

Thanks again,

Isaiah

Dang petco's having another $1 a gallon sale, I must get a 40 breeder. Don't worry the 26 is staying up if I do get one, she has years of growing out ahead of her.

That's the spirit. twp tanks is always better than one! Youll really love the 36'' length of the tank. So many more fish and coral options.

Those growth shots are impressive. There colors are great. good jobby job

Chad, did you know a yellow acro is a great indicator of trace elements in your tank? That color is hard to find so I'm jealous you have it. Awesome find.

I did not know that, thanks for the info!

Sorry I forgot the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/190163-steelys-40-breeder/page-20#entry3247945]http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/190163-steelys-40-breeder/page-20#entry3247945[/url]

The zeovit method also suggests going by coral colors as a guide to trace elements and nutrition in your tank.

Good read, thanks! Must be the DSB, my only other filtration is a skimmer. I do weekly 4 gallon WCs with reef crystals and dose a lot of mg and 2 part. Also do a heavy broadcast feeding of phyto once a week.

Do you still have the Coral Beauty, I don't see it it in any of your pictures? Does it nip at your corals?

Beautiful tank!

Do you still have the Coral Beauty, I don't see it it in any of your pictures? Does it nip at your corals?

Beautiful tank!

Yes I do. It used to be pretty bad about nipping sps, doesn't bother them too much any more.

And thanks!

Thanks! I dose a gallon jug cap of Tech-m 2-3 times a week and dose Seachem reef fusion 2 part daily, 3 caps of each. I also do a 4 gallon WC once a week. Just tested those params today...

@1.025

Mg 1380

Ca 480

Alk 8.3 dKh

I'll try and get some close ups with a real camera tomorrow, they'll probably still suck though but better than the iPad.

Way back quote here. Looks like I need to get more mag if reef fusion isn't keeping up. Thanks for posting in my thread, I missed your tank thread. Great stuff ... now to read everything. :)

Way back quote here. Looks like I need to get more mag if reef fusion isn't keeping up. Thanks for posting in my thread, I missed your tank thread. Great stuff ... now to read everything. :)

Yep, you will never be able to raise ca and kh without proper mg. Back in the day I was dumping in tons of 2 part and it was just precipitating, then I learned about mg's role.

Yep, you will never be able to raise ca and kh without proper mg. Back in the day I was dumping in tons of 2 part and it was just precipitating, then I learned about mg's role.

Latest pic looks great.

What I meant by the above is that the Seachem Fusion Part 2 is supposed to contain the correct amount of Mag along with Calcium. I had tested mag just before starting 2 part dosing and figured Fusion would keep up, which was obviously wrong. It seems you and I both tolerate a lot of coraline on the glass, which might be the culprit.

Latest pic looks great.

What I meant by the above is that the Seachem Fusion Part 2 is supposed to contain the correct amount of Mag along with Calcium. I had tested mag just before starting 2 part dosing and figured Fusion would keep up, which was obviously wrong. It seems you and I both tolerate a lot of coraline on the glass, which might be the culprit.

Got ya. I didn't even realize fusion had mg, probably read it a long time ago. It definately doesn't keep mg up for me.

Archived