Kfmmartin19
Season over for the Red Wings :(

The Tigers lost again today too, double :( :(

At least we're still in first place :)

BLACKHAWKS

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from work and my clowns are spawning! Can't get a pic of the eggs, but here are the clowns.

Female doing her thing, male watching.

Male doing his thing.

Are fn kidding, amazing! :bowdown:

Man you and Kats tank are Bowchickawowow luv tanks. So cool, congrads man.

Are fn kidding, amazing! :bowdown:

Man you and Kats tank are Bowchickawowow luv tanks. So cool, congrads man.

Yea it's pretty awesome. I'm not gonna have any nassarious snails left though. They're all getting drawn to the eggs and getting picked apart by the clowns.

It's amazing how sticky the eggs are, between the clowns messing with them and the mp10 on full blast I can't believe they're still stuck to the rock.

Yea it's pretty awesome. I'm not gonna have any nassarious snails left though. They're all getting drawn to the eggs and getting picked apart by the clowns.

Awe, bummer for the snails. The moms super protective huh? So no nems or clay pots in there. Maybe your GSP has some magical properties to it :)

Awe, bummer for the snails. The moms super protective huh? So no nems in there, so maybe your GSP has some magical properties to it.

Both of them are protective. Not even sure if they ate when I fed the fish, if they did it wasn't much.

Aww, another grandpa in the making. Welcome to the club!

Day 7 or 8 is when they hatch and at night. Will you want to raise the fry?

I don't have an extra tank or anything, so no probably not.

How old are they chad? How big is the female

Not sure exactly, I've had them for about 19-20 months. She's a solid 3" minimum.

How goes the hospital corridor pacing gramps? :flower:

It seems that ever since my clowns spawned, the female has visibly doubled in size. The size difference between them really changed recently and could have been the reason they spawned. Not sure. She is easily 3 inches also while he is still a little 2 incher. I've had them since October 2011.

How goes the hospital corridor pacing gramps? :flower:

It seems that ever since my clowns spawned, the female has visibly doubled in size. The size difference between them really changed recently and could have been the reason they spawned. Not sure. She is easily 3 inches also while he is still a little 2 incher. I've had them since October 2011.

I got my pair the exact same month and year! Both the same size as yours too.

That is intriguing. When zeph came to visit, back in November I think, the clowns were cleaning up the rock face where they spawn, they were doing the dance and everything. I mentioned that they have been doing that for a long time, at least a couple of months. He had responded that they seem to want to mate but their size difference is not that much right now. Size might matter after all. Wish there was a chart or simple search to find data about other clown fish spawnings on here to see what the size of those fish and the size difference between those fish might be.

Wow that Sunset Monti in third to last pic, is Bootyful!

Thanks, it would have better PE but I just turkey basted everything before taking pics.

nah, it still looks bad ass bro. Hows your little horn dog clowns doing. Getting eggs every 7-8 days, is that how that works?

nah, it still looks bad ass bro. Hows your little horn dog clowns doing. Getting eggs every 7-8 days, is that how that works?
The eggs disappeared after a couple days. I have no clue how it works, never looked into it. It's only been like 4 days since they first spawned.

Nice Job Chad. Looks awesome!
Thanks!

Archived