Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jedi's Science Reef

jedimaster1138

jedimaster1138

Im staying out of this one :scarry:

Speaking of hungry,..Would you believe me if I told you Im on a muffin and protein shake diet ?

Heh. You said muffin diet.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

When the lights are peaked, he turns towards the side some, ie away from the sun (lights)

When the lights are slowly ramping down, roughly after 5 pm, he turns more straight up, at the sun (lights)

These are only slight adjustments though. If straight up is 0 degrees, his side tilt is as most, 15 degrees.

I don't argue that he requires a lot of light though.Those are interesting #'s you quoted, do you have a source article? I'm not questioning your figures at all, I'm just a nerd and want to read more :) Last time I flew to Michigan I spent the ENTIRE outbound flight reading this article 10 times. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/10/aafeature It's one of the reasons there are two 160w Maxspect Razors above my tank. It was those or DIY...

Speaking of hungry, I'm hungry as well. To the sandwich store with me.

Check out zeph's bat cave thread, I posted several papers there, and there are more fun things to come soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Congratulations Ben!!! It's an adventure. Good luck. No checking the forum on your smart phone on your way up the isle. ;)

Congratulations Ben!!! It's an adventure. Good luck. No checking the forum on your smart phone on your way up the isle. ;)

This is Joe's thread. Benny is JedimasterBen. I know I get confused too. :flower:

Either he didn't survive the honeymoon, or he took my advice and RAN.

Hey Joe, you still alive or what ???

Earth to Joe!!! come in JOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!??????

I hope his clam is ok.

....no not that one.

:P

jedimaster1138

Either he didn't survive the honeymoon, or he took my advice and RAN.

Hey Joe, you still alive or what ???

Earth to Joe!!! come in JOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!??????

I hope his clam is ok.

....no not that one.

:P

It's barely been a week and this is a long weekend. He's not supposed to check in on his thread!

Oh I'm alive!

We all survived the wedding in one piece. The bride showed up too! WEEEEEEEEEEE It was a whirlwind. We conked out for a day and a half before hopping a plane to St. Lucia. I'm typing to you from there now. Cool place. Not the best time of year to be here because the rainy season is around the corner. It basically rains every uh, hour for about 3 minutes. And by rains I mean...A GIANT FIRE HOSE TO THE HEAD. But then the sun comes out again...or it never goes away and shines while it monsoons. Yeah...crazy tropics, Got a few more days here. Fingers crossed it stays nice...

I saw a maze brain coral and some kind of silver and blue eel looking fish. Also a lot of long spine blackish urchins on the rocks off the hotel.

Kenny has been feeding the tank. So far it sounds OK. Apex showed the temp go up a lot thanks to the heat, but it's back to normal now. I have to rig more fan work when I get back. Of course my building didn't have the AC on, so that didn't help. That reminds me I want to check the webcam before bed.

More to come later. I'm exhausted from hanging out by the pool all day and my sun burn hurts :-D

More to come later. I'm exhausted from hanging out by the pool all day and my sun burn hurts :-D

Yea, hanging out at the pool all day is a lot of work. Welcome back. Hope you cashed in at the wedding. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
jedimaster1138

So on the morning of the wedding, the photographer (who was fantastic) came to my place to take pictures of us boys getting ready and junk. These are the best ones.

DLNYWDBL1023-9_zps5b3d241c.jpg

Best man checking out something way more entertaining than a wedding.

DLNYWDBL1023-6_zps14c80c55.jpg

My ocellaris hosts these palythoas now. I think they are pink hippos? Or something. All I know is that him and his buddy the snowflake live in them now and it's hilarious.

DLNYWDBL1023-4_zps942782d2.jpg

The aforementioned snowflake. He's awesome.

And last but not least, the best use of BRS clear tank - top netting and nearly 400 watts of Maxspect Razor LED's.

DLNYWDBL1023-29_zps6102e0c6.jpg

He did this while I was in the bedroom attempting - and failing - to get my tie on. Great surprise. BTW - it took my best man and the 2 other groomsmen to get my bow tie on and my jacket straight. Another surprise - your hands shake on the morning of your wedding. Who knew? Probably would have helped if I had been capable of eating those couple days without my stomach roaring like an angry t-rex.

jedimaster1138

Congratulations on your big day. Nice photos.

Rings on the tank, perfect! How goes married life???

Pretty much the same as pre-married life...except now we have the above rings and 2000 pictures to sort through :)

Speaking of, I have some of my own pictures of the tank to post..some good ones too. I've learned the beauty of raw mode. No more futzing with 90 things in Photoshop to get colors to come out right. weeeeeeee

Archived