Coral Vue Hydros

Jedi's Science Reef

jedimaster1138

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nano sapiens

So I placed an acropora granualosa up too high...

TIA smile.gif

Granulosa often are found in moderate reef depths (10m down to 42m), so they don't require very high light. In reef terms, 'moderate' lighting would do nicely and mine is encrusting well at slightly higher light levels than I have my Acans under (~110 PAR under LEDs).

Shade will not provide enough energy for this type of coral. Sand bed could be fine if you have a high light setup, if not try more middle of the tank with moderate flow.

jedimaster1138

Granulosa often are found in moderate reef depths (10m down to 42m), so they don't require very high light. In reef terms, 'moderate' lighting would do nicely and mine is encrusting well at slightly higher light levels than I have my Acans under (~110 PAR under LEDs).

Shade will not provide enough energy for this type of coral. Sand bed could be fine if you have a high light setup, if not try more middle of the tank with moderate flow.

Thanks Nano. I'll leave it on the sand bed a few days to let it recover from being irradiated up high, then I think I have just the spot for it. Less direct light, but still plenty. Probably the left most edge of my right hand rock structure. (you can probably get a feel for what I'm talking about by looking at page 1, It's not directly under any of the LED clusters, but it still gets hit pretty well, just not bombarded like other spots. Also wow I need to take a new FTS, that one is like 2 months old.

OK horrendous low light FTS...

FTS-5-2-2013_zps05698ac6.jpg

1reefluvr2

Jedi .. There's only one true Jedi master & that is me . Ill post a pic of my starwars room I made for my boy that will love them when he grows up , but for now they are mine.

jedimaster1138

Jedi .. There's only one true Jedi master & that is me . Ill post a pic of my starwars room I made for my boy that will love them when he grows up , but for now they are mine.

The nice thing about the universe is that there is room for more than one jedimaster...as long as none of them decide to pick up a red saber...

jedimaster1138

Lol I would never go to the dark side.

Yeah I'm a fan of the Light Side too...though the Dark DOES have one big thing going for it...

tumblr_m7jxo8RWlK1qiwlodo1_1280.jpg

force_lightning_by_aztecboy-d4c87v4.jpg

jedimasterben

You don't need to be a Sith to use lightning like that, but I'd venture to say most Jedi don't want to try to learn it.

jedimasterben

Do light sabers come with a pink light? What si that, halfway between good and evil? Sign me up!

Nah, just use a Lambent as a lightsaber crystal. (yes, I had to look up what was used, so what)

Nah, just use a Lambent as a lightsaber crystal. (yes, I had to look up what was used, so what)

What is that, like a kryptonite? I could use a light saber that is like kryptonite for some people. And it needs to be in pink.

Nerd alert in here.

Holy shit, Iron Man 3 comes out this weekend!

Yea, and Robert Downey Jr. just got paid like 20 million for the Avengers. I should have been an actor.

I KNOW! IMA SEE IT AT MIDNIGHT

Jeallousssss. Star Trek also comes out in two weeks! That one I get to see the Thursday afternoon before it comes out with a work field trip. :)

Yea, and Robert Downey Jr. just got paid like 20 million for the Avengers. I should have been an actor.

Yes you should have. You would have made a wonderful actor.

pink lite saber lol I almost had a stroke when my daughter showed me some of the art work done by Disney/Star wars for their Princes collection.

disney-princess-star-wars-1.jpg

My sister came back home from Orlando this pass weekend with a Donald Duck Han Solo and Stich General Grevuis action figure and I was surprised at how much I'm starting to get on board with the Disney Star Wars train.

Can't wait for Star Wars weekend at Disney next month,the whole family is siked!

* if anyone ever has some Dark Maul Poly frags ,hit me up! :D

jedimaster1138

Do light sabers come with a pink light? What si that, halfway between good and evil? Sign me up!

You could also be like Samuel L Jackson and simply demand of George Lucas that you have a purple saber. George told him that light side Jedi only used blue or green, but Sam wouldn't let it go...hence Master Mace Windu rocked a purple saber.

Maybe I can join you guys at the next Comicon (sp?). I could be Jabba the Hut.

We've gone to NY Comic Con the last 2 years. First year I was the Joker. Old school, 40's suit with tails Joker, not Heath Ledger nor Jack Nicholson. AlmostWife made the costume. She was the main girl from Sucker Punch. (horrible movie, hot outfit) This past year I was Obi-Wan, she was R2D2 in a bustier. She gets stopped for pictures a lot...freaking nerds...

Probably going to be Obi-wan again this year because Sandy kinda ruined things...there was no Halloween.

No Jabba for you! If we do Batman you could be Bane.

Jeallousssss. Star Trek also comes out in two weeks! That one I get to see the Thursday afternoon before it comes out with a work field trip. :)

Yes you should have. You would have made a wonderful actor.

I need to find time to see Iron Man this year. I plan on wearing my Captain America hoodie. The girl will wear her hand made IronMan dress.

Star Trek looks awesome...why does it have to open the night before the wedding? I told the wife we should blow off the rehearsal dinner and go see it. You can imagine how hard she hit me :)

Really, being a Sith is the only way to go - you could arguably do whatever you wanted then, good or bad. How else can I be a mad scientist?

jedimaster1138

Please tell me you're having a star wars theme wedding?

I wish. We'd do it, but her mother would murder death kill us.

My friends getting married...well i assume they are, in a few years. They are both big nerds and it would be a non tradtional wedding anyway. I told them that I will volunteer to get ordained via the internet and perform the wedding - only if i can do it in full jedi outfit and all the wedding party is similarly dressed. I also volunteered kenny to dress as Darth Maul (because I like to annoy kenny, lol)

Really, being a Sith is the only way to go - you could arguably do whatever you wanted then, good or bad. How else can I be a mad scientist?

I'm also a fan of choking people from across the room. There's a few coworkers right now i'd like to do that too...

I want a giant tank, yours looks AWESOME.

It actually doesn't right now. The slimy algae hasn't abated yet and it's ticking me off. Other than that things are OK, but i don't want to say that too loudly less something crash in the next 3 hours. lol

I might look into getting a sea hare or whatever those algae lawn mowers are. My turbo snails don't seem to like this flavor of algae.

1reefluvr2

So why Optimus Prime on avatar? Or you just a good nerd to all cool nerds things to have and be :)

I'm a nerd no need to lie to kick it... Chicks dig nerds specially nice nerds with Kool car toys to boot.

Archived