SaltCritters.com

Jedi's Science Reef

jedimaster1138

jedimaster1138

Yo bro! I have to skip the swap this weekend. I'm on crutches. MRI is in I have officially torn my right quad. Argggg!

I actually cringed when I read that. My old roommate partially tore his hamstring playing football a few years ago. The blood drained down the inside of his leg...it was horrendous...

I'll tell Dr. Max you said hi and steal all his clams. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

You squat ???? Awesome!!! everyone needs to squat!!!

Yes, I did. .And it was so loud when it tore my training partners actually HEARD it tear. I've torn my quads 5 times in my life, and its not nearly as bad as tearing something in your upper body. IE, if you tear a bicep you cant do ANY type of training at all...no chest, back shoulders....that would put me into a deep depression. I just cant do legs for a few weeks, but I can live with that and I don't think it will set me back. I have 2 shows coming up. A warm up show in June, and the Biggie - Mr. Olympia in September. All I really care about is the Olympia.

Ive been working with Iris Kyle, and if she doesn't win we are both quitting bodybuilding and becoming couch potatoes. Check this girl out.

msored.jpg

Ps. Thank you for your concern.

Take drugs. And beer.

LOL. Poor Joe is going to come back to a very off topic thread.

I'm never going to complain about people posting in my thread...especially with pictures of attractive women in spandex. Spandex > all.

Did anyone else get the email that LiveAquaria is switching to UPS Next Day Air?? It's probably a good thing given how hard fed ex sucks, but what's not good is that UPS Next Day Air isn't available in NYC. BLAH!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I'm never going to complain about people posting in my thread...especially with pictures of attractive women in spandex. Spandex > all.

Nobody ever posts anything like that in my thread lol, so anyone reading this feel free! :lol:

Actually these may be better

ropeclimb_zps680e6822.jpg

I think I must always be in motion. Every pic of me is blurry! :)

What's wrong with that tush? Perfection in a handheld size.

Nobody ever posts anything like that in my thread lol, so anyone reading this feel free! :lol:

I post on your thread! I just usually withold pictures. :)

And everything on me is nano-sized. Guess I hang with the right crowd for it though. :lol:

jedimasterben

I post on your thread! I just usually withold pictures. :)

I know, everyone does lol

And everything on me is nano-sized. Guess I hang with the right crowd for it though. :lol:

3d9.png

Did anyone else get the email that LiveAquaria is switching to UPS Next Day Air?? It's probably a good thing given how hard fed ex sucks, but what's not good is that UPS Next Day Air isn't available in NYC. BLAH!

Im confused....I get overnight UPS overnight all the time. Dr. Mac uses it. And I realllly hope LA is using it now, I may have deleted there email, I dunno.

jedimaster1138

Im confused....I get overnight UPS overnight all the time. Dr. Mac uses it. And I realllly hope LA is using it now, I may have deleted there email, I dunno.

It might just be a glitch in their system. When I first started out, their website didn't recognize my address, so I couldn't get anything from them unless I called. It's not like I live in the sticks either...this is only 200 unit high rise. I think it's screwed up because the zip codes changed about 5 years ago. I'll probably have to call them again and un-bork them.

How's your leg? Is it like draining internally down ? ick

Holly Moses finished catching up to this thread..note to self dont skip for pics. Wow is that hottie really deadliftin??? She is a keeper!

Holly Moses finished catching up to this thread..note to self dont skip for pics. Wow is that hottie really deadliftin??? She is a keeper!

Yep. That's me. My PR is 145 lbs. :) and thanks for calling me hot.

jedimaster1138

So the swap was cool. I picked up some stuff. Jason fox had some nice stuff...a lot of which I couldn't afford. lol Did well with MA, Puppy Center...I can't even remember who else. Dr. Mac had both big wild maximas (super blues and the like) and smaller cultured ones, but they were all gold/purple. I refrained from them. Heh Definitely would have liked to see more acro and such, unless I missed them but I did get there 30 minutes after the door opened... I did pick up an OJ setosa from Jason Fox and an ora green birdsnest that glows. Multi colored hammer too.

I *really* want to get a hold of a Jack O Lantern leptoseris but i'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor when I heard the price. If anyone has one, feel free to ship it over :)

Pictures at a later date...lights on only mildly today..trying to ease things in and nuke some algae.

JOL prices are pretty steep, even when Dr Mac has them. I have a couple of Jason Fox LPS I'm in the process of selling if you are interested. One is a colony of echinata and the other is a fully encrusted disk of leptastrea.

albertthiel

Ahso ...you like hey ....

What's wrong with that tush? Perfection in a handheld size.

And whose looking through that "What ist Das" window ...

I know, everyone does lol

3d9.png

Not sure JedMaster but I am sure you can clarify ...

Gee is the forum acting up somehow ... get the N interface each time ... odd

Yep. That's me. My PR is 145 lbs. :) and thanks for calling me hot.

PR ? I must be missing something ...

It might just be a glitch in their system. When I first started out, their website didn't recognize my address, so I couldn't get anything from them unless I called. It's not like I live in the sticks either...this is only 200 unit high rise. I think it's screwed up because the zip codes changed about 5 years ago. I'll probably have to call them again and un-bork them.

How's your leg? Is it like draining internally down ? ick

Sorry I missed this!!! Delayed response here, but my leg is about %50 better and I should be off crutches this mid week, THanks for checking up on me ( this is how I know who my friends are). The internal bleeding is SCARY....but about half what it was 10 days ago when it happened,

I guess I am glad I skipped the swap All I'm really interested in these days is clams and high end Acro colonies. I think its getting harder and harder to find high end medium sized acro colonies these days. LA's prices are getting insulting, and most guys I know get them from their LFS's, But I think our well known LFS has dropped the ball lately. I might have to stick to frags for a while.

Would this weekend be ok to pick up those rocks ?

jedimaster1138

JOL prices are pretty steep, even when Dr Mac has them. I have a couple of Jason Fox LPS I'm in the process of selling if you are interested. One is a colony of echinata and the other is a fully encrusted disk of leptastrea.

Got pictures? Or is there a thread about them? I could be interesting. I have a spot on a lower rock that used to be covered in big red mushrooms, but they've since gotten blown away because that rock is right under some of my strongest light. The ORA Green montipora digi on top of it is growing vertically like a weed, but the red shrooms are getting bbq-ed. I want to put something on that rock that likes light,but doens't grow vertically more than 4 inches or so. a light loving chalice or something chunky (and not 100% green, i like contrasting colors) would be ideal. I've been thinking about my new orange montipora setosa actually... hmm....but if you have a leph that likes light...and has non-green color...

Sorry I missed this!!! Delayed response here, but my leg is about %50 better and I should be off crutches this mid week, THanks for checking up on me ( this is how I know who my friends are). The internal bleeding is SCARY....but about half what it was 10 days ago when it happened,

I guess I am glad I skipped the swap All I'm really interested in these days is clams and high end Acro colonies. I think its getting harder and harder to find high end medium sized acro colonies these days. LA's prices are getting insulting, and most guys I know get them from their LFS's, But I think our well known LFS has dropped the ball lately. I might have to stick to frags for a while.

Would this weekend be ok to pick up those rocks ?

Good to hear. Yeah when my old roommate tore his hammie, it was insane. He started out with a big bruise on the back of his thigh...it was every color. Then the internal blood drained from the middle of his thigh down into his CALF. It was insane. His leg was as many colors as my reef. He did it playing flag football. Crazy mofo. He lives in florida now on the beach, the jerk. His day consists of surfing before he goes to work. Tough life.

There was honestly very, very little SPS at the swap, frags or otherwise. Chalices and acans and palys/zoas galore, but meh. I have a lot of zoas (though I did pick up some Sunny D's from that LFS and a chalice), but i was going in looking for SPS. I saw a lot of elegance, star polyps, stuff like that too.

Speaking of that LFS...yeah. I didn't see ONE sps frag in their tanks. 0. I got there at 10:45 too. The last 2 times I've been to the store it's been thin too. There have been big colonies at the store, and there might have been one or 2 at the swap, but i don't recall so it wasn't much to speak of. If you want some big colonies though, you might check them out Zeph.

I've gotten some great SPS lately though from Unique Corals (hah, i wonder if that has something to do with the above) and Cherry and a few from DD, though those were only for real ORA pieces (on the goddawful ORA plugs, so you know...i hate getting the hack saw out) I plan on keeping an eye on those 3 as well as Atlantis Aquarium. I'm declaring a spending moratorium until after the wedding now both to let things settle down and let my wallet recover. I have a lot to glue down in the next week or so and figure out where to place a few items, including yesterday's haul. After the honeymoon though Atlantis is getting an order from me. And I'll also be looking into more fish. Time for anthias and wrasses.

This weekend is fine for the rocks...the only thing I have going on is the engagement pictures Saturday morning and hopefully getting my ATO box from Jeff/CustomKing also on Saturday morning. I can show you my new toys.

Oh, this is interesting. You know my brown/greenish slimey algae issue? It got real bad, but you all know that already. What's interesting though is that the bad-ness is moving. The worst spots are now algae free, where as the spots that previously had none have a bunch. It's exactly like the cyano I battled last year in the old tank. Anyway, I thought that was interesting. I'm going to do another WC this week and probably add more Phosguard to my reactor to help out. I officially don't believe my hanna po4 meter. That algae is eating the PO4 before I get the chance to capture the ions that are in solution. I also might need to bomb out my fuge and start that over. It's basically 10g of ATS at this point.

I can relate on those ORA plugs! ARR!!! I finally moved my Purple Stylophora to my 48 gallon Jedi build,placed it on the sand bed. Now I'm about to whip out the Hacksaw Jim Duggin out on that damn plug so i can bond it to some live rock.

m declaring a spending moratorium until after the wedding now both to let things settle down and let my wallet recover.

You know the hardest thing about this hobby of ours is that you really can't put it on hold for life events such as weddings or vacations.

I'm starting to learn after 20 yrs with my wife, don't say or promise shit, unless you are certain. haha

Told my wife last month I'm not going to buy anything until after our June vacation to Disney World with the kids.

Here I am one month into it and I'm still buying crap every week, either water,turbo snails,a flame hawk (sith) ,live rock ect ect... got to learn to keep my mouth from writing checks I can't cash!! lol

jedimaster1138

I can relate on those ORA plugs! ARR!!! I finally moved my Purple Stylophora to my 48 gallon Jedi build,placed it on the sand bed. Now I'm about to whip out the Hacksaw Jim Duggin out on that damn plug so i can bond it to some live rock.

There seem to be 2 kinds...the black ones i can SOMETIMES cut with a good pair of pliers (make sure to rinse and dry them after if you don't want rusty pliers). By cut I mean cut off the bottom part...the plug bit. The white ones, which I just got for the first time with a Marshall Island acro, that one I couldn't get through with my bone cutters, so I got the vice grips out, clamped the plug, and hack sawed off the plug. If it hadn't been 1 am when I did it, I might have gotten the Dremel out. The white plastic must be a harder kind of plastic. I hate them. ARG

If the coral is encrusted, that's generally what I do. If it hasn't encrusted the plug though, I just pop it out and/or cut it. They are just too ugly to keep in the tank.

The other thing i've done, if the coral is encrusted on the plug and I dont want to cut the bottom off, is to build some rock around it with rubble. Super glue a few pieces around it so it looks natural. You can also drill a bigger piece to fit the plug dinger, but I tend to do this late at night and drilling makes a mess, so i just glue. I also have a lot of spare ORA plugs laying around, so i can test fit easily.

Jason Fox Evil Eye Acan Echinata with Green Rim

LPS6.jpg

Has about 15 eyes

Jason Fox John Deere Leptastrea.

IMG_2630.CR2.jpg

Fully encrusted on disk.

I have another leptastrea which is red skirt with green eyes in case that one sounds better.

jedimaster1138

Jason Fox Evil Eye Acan Echinata with Green Rim

LPS6.jpg

Has about 15 eyes

Where do you have this in your tank? IE what sort of light level/flow intensity is it getting? Sorry to ask a lot of questions, trying to find the right piece for this spot. It's in the center back of my gully, my OCD wants it to be perfect :)

jedimaster1138

So I placed an acropora granualosa up too high, too fast (or just too high) and it started to bleach out, on some branches. I've unglued it and moved it to the sand bed. Question...is that the best procedure? Should I put it in complete shade? If so for how long...if not complete shade...how long on the sand bed?

2x MaxpSpect Razors 160w. Nearly full power.

It's a yellow and purple and blue with a hint of green acropora granulosa. Big lovely coral too...got it from Cherry a few weeks ago. I would also love hints on where to put this guy long term. I'm thinking medium and/or indirect light...open to opinions though.

TIA smile.gif

Archived