Pod Your Reef

40B Box O' Rocks

Acielot

It's going to be mixed reef. Zoas and acan dominant.

The 2 clowns will be going in but everything else will be caribbean in origin. The rock beauty is cool but my tank will be full of their favorite snacks so they are no good and my friend wouldn't take a coral eater once it out grew my tank.

Every thing on my list is just options fish wise. I'll probably get them as I see them or whatever will look best at the time. I think I'll end up with multiple small fish. Like the damsels,cardinals,and neons

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
It's going to be mixed reef. Zoas and acan dominant.

The 2 clowns will be going in but everything else will be caribbean in origin. The rock beauty is cool but my tank will be full of their favorite snacks so they are no good and my friend wouldn't take a coral eater once it out grew my tank.

Every thing on my list is just options fish wise. I'll probably get them as I see them or whatever will look best at the time. I think I'll end up with multiple small fish. Like the damsels,cardinals,and neons

That's what I plan on my tank being too. Acans and Zoas. One of the LFSs I frequent has really nice, cheap $10-$20 frags.

Good idea with the multiple small fish. It will probably work out much better.

The wrasse pair is still happening at least until they outgrow the tank. They are getting here on Thursday with the other stuff.

I like to think that at least having fish from the same region make the tank more natural looking. Which is what I'm going for at least a bit. The coral s will be a stretch but if everything looks brown,green, yellow orange during the day and colorful fluorescent as night I'll be happy

It just occurred to me that this will be the first time I get fish in the mail.

My order is estimated to arrive at 8pm tomorrow? Thats seems kinda long considering that my order is coming from Tavernier, FL. Only about 4 hours away from where I live.

I've had express packages from other states get here before 10am. I really hope it doesn't arrive so late.

jedimasterben

Delivery time is not determined by origin, it is by destination area and how far away you are from the nearest sort facility. If it was sent by USPS, it is how far away you are from the local post office.

Its fedex express, it just seems backwards that it would take so long considering it is closer than previous shipment origins

jedimasterben

Yeah, I can send something from Okeechobee to Ft Pierce (which is where the nearest hub is, and all outgoing packages have to go there anyway) via UPS Next Day Air and it'll get delivered by 10:30AM, but someone can send something the same service level from Ft Pierce to Okeechobee, and it will only be guaranteed on the next day, and where I live it would be delivered around 4:30PMish. lol

Oh, and it costs more money to send from Ft pierce to Okeechobee than Okeechobee to Ft Pierce! WTF

Because that makes sense. :P

According to tracking it is in Miami. If arrives at 8pm I'll lose it. I can't just sit around all day waiting for some fish and inverts.

CAM00063_zpsirlshor3.jpg

CAM00090_zpsnfwtpgf7.jpg

CAM00088_zpsgtd5rzqx.jpg

CAM00087_zpsptoep3iw.jpg

CAM00086_zpscxyaskl0.jpg

Old picture dump. This was bittersweet. I miss when I had all the free time in class to draw. Bonus internet points if you can identify any of them.

Maybe you can tell but I have changed drawing styles quite a bit. :P now my drawing is a whole other level but it's good to revisit old ideas.

Still no peeks under the skirt.

So possible names

Xerxes

Xeric

Zabel

Abel

Micky

Carbuncle

Axel

For the boy

Stevie

Tiffany

Ritzy

Lanna

Tegan

Lightning

Celia

Megara

For the girl

And 2 of the wrasse are missing. The biggest one is just cozied up to the rock the others are hopefully hiding in the sand.

The tank has sand added! I'll be running fresh water until the cloudiness dissipates.

The Mantis is a girl and the 2 bigger wrasse are perky and eating well already. The smaller one is looking bad but it can still turn around in the next few days. The only thing is that I'm worried that the bigger ones are mid transition to terminal phase. They are not yellow like the small one but light tan with stripes and the red cheek spots

Quick update. I lost the smallest wrasse to shipping stress I think. It didn't look good from the beginning but it wasn't dead so I kept separate from the other 2 but it still perished :(

The other 2 however are perky and eating like champs. Very social fish too! They appear to be transitioning to terminal phase though which means more than likely that I'll have to get rid of one. Hopefully they stay friends.

In coral news the red digi has almost finished encrusting the rest of the plug as well as the dead tips. My surviving test acro has started to regenerate tissue but it still doesn't extend its polyps anymore than usual. Heres a pic of out from yesterday. I like the colors in this pic but it is really more pink/Brown in daylight and dark blue with a hint of green under actinics

CAM00100_zpsbw7x1sfd.jpg

Ordered a sunset millepora and a green pocillopora for the tank. I want them to start growing out now so that they can be fragged up and spread out in the 40.

Added the wrasse to the tank. Florence was not having company at first but she mellowed quickly. Now the wrasse cruise around the rocks gracefully and everyone is happy. That is still 4 fish in a small tank though. Everything should hold out until the tank gets wet. fingerscrossed

Well this has been a rough weekend. Lets start:

Family trip to Georgia was botched because our cars oil pump went out 6 hours into the trip. We were stranded at the gas station for the rest of the night until we walked to the nearest hotel.

The car was towed to the nearest dealership and is still being repaired. Probably won't be fixed until Wednesday.

I'm home now but the rest of my family is still at the hotel. Someone had to get back to the animals so I hitched a ride back.

Last night we found out that my aunt was having liver complications and passed away later in the night.

An exhausting mini vacation. :(

Im home still without the family. The car is getting fixed today/tomorrow and they should be home tomorrow night if everything goes well.

I have that order from reefchicks that should be here Thursday. Really excited to get them since my acro is doing so well. It's had colored up a bit and its polyps are finally coming out all the way. It has become a nice

Teal color and the base is starting to encrust again over the superglue.

After all the craziness that happened over the weekend I have a company skiing trip this weekend. Hopefully nothing breaks down on that one or I'll probably lose it and never go on a trip out of the state again.

CAM00119_zpsg32ypruz.jpg

The new coral! They even threw in a freebie blue and green millepora. It looks better than the stylo I wanted although they all look good fluffy.

Archived