Innovative Marine Aquariums

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

Yes a pair! I would love to see that in your tank and if anyone can do it you can!

HAHA don't I know it! I mean look this has been about 2 years and now I am getting into more equipment! Dosers, ATO, Powerheads, and later on LEDs! < yes I do want to upgrade eventually.

I really can't wait it's going to be so ill. B)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if I can keep my head straight and stick to my original KISS rule, hopefully I won't have to buy much more... :P

Looking forward to more pics. TSB rules!

Does anyone know if you can get a mated pair?

Yes a pair! I would love to see that in your tank and if anyone can do it you can! HAHA don't I know it! I mean look this has been about 2 years and now I am getting into more equipment! Dosers, ATO, Powerheads, and later on LEDs! < yes I do want to upgrade eventually. I really can't wait it's going to be so ill. B)

Lol I dunno ill think on it some more..either way its either 1male & 1 female. Or 1 male 2 females...I alwats see leopards in trios so thats why I had asked.

Atleast its not everything at once lol...ive probably spent well I dunno

499 tank and stand

111 cheato tumbler

35 column fuge

100 rock

100 sand

40 screen top

119 mag9.5

89 mag7

199 skimmer

75 dosing containers

170 doser

189 ato

64 for some probe and tube holders

40 on braided nylon hose I wasted half of

6 on cable management

20 on cabinet lighting

10 on cabinet fans

10 on hose clamps and u mounts

20 on pvc stuff

20 on check valves

1700 on custom lighting

900 on reef angel

300 for new probes

820 for 3 mp10wes

13 for electrical cabinet

249 for power inverter

92 for deep cycle battery

103 for 4 ati bulbs

12 for ato resovoir

60 bucks for uhaul to pick up tank

70 for fuge mud

13 fore fuge sand

25 for fuge light

10 for miscellaneous wood and shims

80 for 2 200w jager heaters

40 hydor seltz pump

60 for 2 TLF150 reactors

55 eshoppes pf nano overflow and return

30 for 12 precission marine filter socks

50 for 15gallon high aqueon deluxe kit..derimmed for use as a sump

Plus the random tools I bought lol....I think ima tell my wife she gets to stock it....lol sorry for the rant....

Well if I can keep my head straight and stick to my original KISS rule, hopefully I won't have to buy much more... :P Looking forward to more pics. TSB rules! Does anyone know if you can get a mated pair?

Im to stupid to KISS

Lol I dunno ill think on it some more..either way its either 1male & 1 female. Or 1 male 2 females...I alwats see leopards in trios so thats why I had asked. Atleast its not everything at once lol...ive probably spent well I dunno 499 tank and stand 111 cheato tumbler 35 column fuge 100 rock 100 sand 40 screen top 119 mag9.5 89 mag7 199 skimmer 75 dosing containers 170 doser 189 ato 64 for some probe and tube holders 40 on braided nylon hose I wasted half of 6 on cable management 20 on cabinet lighting 10 on cabinet fans 10 on hose clamps and u mounts 20 on pvc stuff 20 on check valves 1700 on custom lighting 900 on reef angel 300 for new probes 820 for 3 mp10wes 13 for electrical cabinet 249 for power inverter 92 for deep cycle battery 103 for 4 ati bulbs 12 for ato resovoir 60 bucks for uhaul to pick up tank 70 for fuge mud 13 fore fuge sand 25 for fuge light 10 for miscellaneous wood and shims 80 for 2 200w jager heaters 40 hydor seltz pump 60 for 2 TLF150 reactors 55 eshoppes pf nano overflow and return 30 for 12 precission marine filter socks 50 for 15gallon high aqueon deluxe kit..derimmed for use as a sump Plus the random tools I bought lol....I think ima tell my wife she gets to stock it....lol sorry for the rant....

Im to stupid to KISS

:blink:

Damn man, nm I was almoste crying over the MP10's, ATO and doser. Jeez. :wacko:

Lol I fixed it so its not jumbled...but I dont wanna add it together either lol prpbably somewhere in the 7000 range on equipment with taxes...

But it puts it in perspective how expensive fully automated larger tanks can get....some people really don't have an idea...lol it sucks when you have a newer reefer that wants a larger tank...trying to convince them to start small is...well

Reefmaster1996
I don't even want to add that up for you...

I do lol! Total is $5,598, plus random tools here and there. If you would have gone diy you could have saved a lot of money I'm going basically except everything in my build is diy except the apex controller, skimmer, pumps, and reactors and I'm looking at just around 2,000. Everything else is going to be hand built by myself, check my thread out its in my signature.

I do lol! Total is $5,598, plus random tools here and there. If you would have gone diy you could have saved a lot of money I'm going basically except everything in my build is diy except the apex controller, skimmer, pumps, and reactors and I'm looking at just around 2,000. Everything else is going to be hand built by myself, check my thread out its in my signature.

Yea...lol well as everything goes...time is necessary to diy lol...however I woulda taken back gettingba reef angel and do a diy arduino system lol

Damn! I have been keeping track as well, but I am too scraed to add it all up. I can tell you though, it's nothing compared to what you spent! :huh:

Reefmaster1996
Where n FL you at ReefMaster?

I'm in Tampa, also I build tanks so if you want something custom let me know, I have to wait until summer though to fulfill build request, I already have two. Check me out in my build thread.

Damn! I have been keeping track as well, but I am too scraed to add it all up. I can tell you though, it's nothing compared to what you spent! :huh:
I try very hard not to add up what I've spent....

Lol the worst part is when you still have to buy livestock...haha but at least it will make you take your time stocking and only get things you truly want.

I'm in Tampa, also I build tanks so if you want something custom let me know, I have to wait until summer though to fulfill build request, I already have two. Check me out in my build thread.

Way to keep me in the dark. I had been wondering if you had a build....

Haha I didn't even budget for Livestock. My plan is to get my family hooked when they come over to see the tank, so they can splurge for me :lol:

Probably won't work though... <_<

I feel your pain about the live stock part, that's not included in my 2,000$ build budget.

Dude either way. Its awesome lol like I said...you spend the money on equipment then slowly accumulate live stock. Haha...more so ill probably buy all the livestock at once and introduce the fish from qt one at a time..one a week. Then take my time gathering corals again...ill probably just snipe out colonies in the shipment bin treat myself to oneor two fist sized colony a month for a year.

Lol the worst part is when you still have to buy livestock...haha but at least it will make you take your time stocking and only get things you truly want. Way to keep me in the dark. I had been wondering if you had a build....

Livestock (corals specifically) is why I don't own a 105 rimless. I could find ways to afford the dry goods. However, I'd go broke filling it. Hell I spend way to much on my 20L rimless as is.

Atleast its not everything at once lol...ive probably spent well I dunno

499 tank and stand

111 cheato tumbler

35 column fuge

100 rock

100 sand

40 screen top

119 mag9.5

89 mag7

199 skimmer

75 dosing containers

170 doser

189 ato

64 for some probe and tube holders

40 on braided nylon hose I wasted half of

6 on cable management

20 on cabinet lighting

10 on cabinet fans

10 on hose clamps and u mounts

20 on pvc stuff

20 on check valves

1700 on custom lighting

900 on reef angel

300 for new probes

820 for 3 mp10wes

13 for electrical cabinet

249 for power inverter

92 for deep cycle battery

103 for 4 ati bulbs

12 for ato resovoir

60 bucks for uhaul to pick up tank

70 for fuge mud

13 fore fuge sand

25 for fuge light

10 for miscellaneous wood and shims

80 for 2 200w jager heaters

40 hydor seltz pump

60 for 2 TLF150 reactors

55 eshoppes pf nano overflow and return

30 for 12 precission marine filter socks

50 for 15gallon high aqueon deluxe kit..derimmed for use as a sump

Im to stupid to KISS

:lol: KISS

That's a lot of $$$$

Livestock (corals specifically) is why I don't own a 105 rimless. I could find ways to afford the dry goods. However, I'd go broke filling it. Hell I spend way to much on my 20L rimless as is.

Lol...your right.the dry goods are easy

Estimate per month....

17 salt

10 dosing

8 food

9 for bulbs

3.50 for rodi filterss

.60cent miracle grow & kents essentials (for phyto and roti cultures ;))

I think once you got up an running with a tank near 100G you could pay for the maintenance by selling frags. But you are right, there's an additional ~50+$ a month in maintenance. Emergency 90% water changes suddenly get expensive.

I think once you got up an running with a tank near 100G you could pay for the maintenance by selling frags. But you are right, there's an additional ~50+$ a month in maintenance. Emergency 90% water changes suddenly get expensive.

That and moving from a 460watt system to a 2 to 3 kilowatt system...

I don't at all want anyone to think im bragging or boasting about how much I've spent. This starred as me ranting that I keep forgetting to pick up equipment and turned into what I believe to be a informing post. So for any new comers to the lifestyle and hobby. Remember big tanks cost lots of money. Between equipment, livestock, maintenance, electrical and water bills. This is still a relatively small tank, but some advice I can give is if one is to enjoy this hobby, start small so you don't get discouraged at the entry value. Always do research and when and where possible purchase equipment thay would suite a bigger tank. Purchase wisely and you will be able to reuse almost all of your equipment for yoyr upgrades. There are 5 things im not reusing from my tank: the tank, the sump, the skimmer, the heater, the diy hob fuge. Plan ahead and you wont end up with a closet full of things you don't need :) forethought is something we all should have. From envisioning the coral placements and what you want to acheive with a tank as well as what you would want in your next tank because eventually the upgrade bug will bite

That and moving from a 460watt system to a 2 to 3 kilowatt system... I don't at all want anyone to think im bragging or boasting about how much I've spent. This starred as me ranting that I keep forgetting to pick up equipment and turned into what I believe to be a informing post. So for any new comers to the lifestyle and hobby. Remember big tanks cost lots of money. Between equipment, livestock, maintenance, electrical and water bills. This is still a relatively small tank, but some advice I can give is if one is to enjoy this hobby, start small so you don't get discouraged at the entry value. Always do research and when and where possible purchase equipment thay would suite a bigger tank. Purchase wisely and you will be able to reuse almost all of your equipment for yoyr upgrades. There are 5 things im not reusing from my tank: the tank, the sump, the skimmer, the heater, the diy hob fuge. Plan ahead and you wont end up with a closet full of things you don't need :) forethought is something we all should have. From envisioning the coral placements and what you want to acheive with a tank as well as what you would want in your next tank because eventually the upgrade bug will bite

That great advice. The good thing is having that extra stuff on hand is great for a small frag tank or hospital/quarantine tank as well. So it's not all gone out the window! Or there's always contest tanks or the typical "boredom tanks" OR the "experimental tanks" where you want to try something new, but don't want to risk any major disasters in your big pride and joy :P

Brad, I've decided that you are rich. This tank is going to have so much fancy equipment on it. It's going to be EPIC!

Brad, I've decided that you are rich. This tank is going to have so much fancy equipment on it. It's going to be EPIC!

Im not I swear. Lol

Archived