Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fragsreef.. floating 40 breeder SPS tank

frags

joel sandoman

Wish I had your skills. I really live the 40 breeder'd dimensions so a couple years ago I had a rimless starphire 40 breeder custom made. Cost me about $650. That would look so awesome for your display. Either way keep up the great work. I have enjoyed the read.

Wish I had your skills. I really live the 40 breeder'd dimensions so a couple years ago I had a rimless starphire 40 breeder custom made. Cost me about $650. That would look so awesome for your display. Either way keep up the great work. I have enjoyed the read.

I love the rimless look my original plan was to build one out of acrylic but I decided to wait and maybe I will do it later since I have thousands invested already.

Man! I couldn't even plumb a tank to a sump! I'm astounded!

And your video reminded me to go turn off my RODI so thanks for saving me from a flood! :)

Man! I couldn't even plumb a tank to a sump! I'm astounded! And your video reminded me to go turn off my RODI so thanks for saving me from a flood! :)

Do you have a float valve for your rodi?

kriskristofferzen

Wow! Nice plumbing. I like the settling tank idea. Nice job on making a quiet system as well with bean animal overflow. looking forward to more vids and ideas for my dream tank one day.

Wow! Nice plumbing. I like the settling tank idea. Nice job on making a quiet system as well with bean animal overflow. looking forward to more vids and ideas for my dream tank one day.

Thanks I hope the settling tank works out! There is no alot info on them.

Today had a little mis-hap I restarted the system and i was messing around with the drains and I created 2 full siphons in the frag tank, well the settling tank could not handle the flow and started to overflow. I wish I had put that safety in!!! Once I put the overflow boxes in I suppose it could not happen because it would suck all the water out of the box and stop the siphon, it will have less water that it has now just sitting in the whole frag tank.

First to like it!

thanks for the like!

Hey guys, so I have a external pump that I am going to use vacuum out detritus in the tank if needed. The pump is plumbed with 1 in piping, the question is I want to use 3/4 hose with a barb fitting at the end where the sucking is, will that effect the pump, there is 1 in piping out of the pump? You can see in my build thread below pictures.

This is very cool. I'm jealous I can't cut holes in my apt wall :)

you can...just patch them when you move. i dunno about you but i have to repair holes in the walls when ive moved out of all my complexes....simple fix really...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Deckoz2302

Hey man....I just redid my whole ato setup

20130508_221844_zpscb74cb8b.jpg

I really like the hose you made off the side of your brutes to see the water level. Do you mind sgaring what you used? Did you use a small half inch threaded bulkhead and screw in a john guest fitting for the clear tubing or is it a barb or what. Thanks in advance man.

Ps your system is looking great can't wait to see what it becomes

Hey man....I just redid my whole ato setup

20130508_221844_zpscb74cb8b.jpg

I really like the hose you made off the side of your brutes to see the water level. Do you mind sgaring what you used? Did you use a small half inch threaded bulkhead and screw in a john guest fitting for the clear tubing or is it a barb or what. Thanks in advance man.

Ps your system is looking great can't wait to see what it becomes

I used a 1' uniseal because that's what I had for the rest of the system. They work great for sending pipe through a round surface! Some fish stores have them BRS does for sure. I inserted a female adapter that had the same with as 1' pipe and then threaded the fitting into it with deflon tape. You could make it all smaller, I just used what would fit the uniseal I had.

Nice ATO station now you should another barrel for the mixing station!!

• Like 1