SaltCritters.com

Fragsreef.. floating 40 breeder SPS tank

frags

Nanofreak79

This is a kick azz build. Really like everything you've done.

So a liitle to change to the system... I started GFO 2 weeks ago 1 1/2 tbls of phosban and I just added another 1 1/2 tlbs today to see if it helps with algae. The big reason for this update is I am going to daily water changes and I started today.You might think im crazy but if you know how i built my system it only takes me 3 minutes to do. The benefit is I can drain some of my settling tank every day! I am starting at 1.5 gallons a day on my 100gallon total system.What do you guys think about daily water changes?? A benefit or not??

Your system is different than mine, being you have a larger volume of water and that cool settling tank. I change 5 gallons twice weekly on a 34 display with about 12 gallons in the sump.

The benefit I see is a cleaner tank, that I can still over feed and dose my coral foods.

Looking beautiful!
tThanks

This is a kick azz build. Really like everything you've done.Your system is different than mine, being you have a larger volume of water and that cool settling tank. I change 5 gallons twice weekly on a 34 display with about 12 gallons in the sump.The benefit I see is a cleaner tank, that I can still over feed and dose my coral foods.
Hey thanks im glad you liked the build.
  • 1 month later...
Any updates? Someone on my old local forum just posted a similar floating tank and reminded me of this one.

Cool how many gallons was it?

• 1 month later...
wow I dont know how I found your thread but I just read through from the beggining and wow you have an amazing set upI love your tank!!!

Hey thanks...hope u enjoyed. I have a new build starting soon.

Damn! That tank is a floating 225 gallons! eee!!

Hey thanks...hope u enjoyed. I have a new build starting soon.

Is it a shallow tank? :D

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...