Cultivated Reef

My 8 gallon nano-borg tank

Herptile

Herptile, you have a beautiful tank! :) I did an elective in Zoology whilst doing my BSc in Medical Bioscience, and it was a wonderful subject. Gotta admit I'm envious of your degree. :P You have a great collection of animals as well - but I love your tank the most. And the cute lil' hedgehog. :P

Thank you very much. About half of my graduating class took up medicine. Not me. :)

I didn't see a hedgehog, I saw a cute mouse. Maybe he was snake food.

Here's the hedgehog.

DSC08473.jpg

Nope, that mouse wasn't snake food. And it's a she.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness the mouse was not snake food! It is so cute. :)

Now, do not get me wrong, I will scream my head off if a mouse runs toward my feet. Strangely, I hold them and pet them. Just do not let them run on the floor! :lol:

I saved a little green chameleon lizard from a kitty yesterday. I was trying to grab it but it ran to and landed on my foot! The whole house had to come and see about me. It sounded like I was being mauled by a bear. This story has a happy ending. The sweet little lizard was placed in a shady moist place with lots of bugs to eat.

:D

You know, so more ignoramus questions can be asked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This tickled my funny bone!

I know I am full of those kind of questions.

Thank goodness the mouse was not snake food! It is so cute. :)

Now, do not get me wrong, I will scream my head off if a mouse runs toward my feet. Strangely, I hold them and pet them. Just do not let them run on the floor! :lol:

I saved a little green chameleon lizard from a kitty yesterday. I was trying to grab it but it ran to and landed on my foot! The whole house had to come and see about me. It sounded like I was being mauled by a bear. This story has a happy ending. The sweet little lizard was placed in a shady moist place with lots of bugs to eat.

:D

It's great that you were there. My cat Ziva let one of my geckos out once. I couldn't find it and I was sure she ate it, even if there was no blood. After a few hours he turned up right in the middle of the floor. Whew.

:wub::wub:

Thanks Zeph. Want one? Hehehe.

That is a cute hedgehog!

I think a list of all your pets should be made public. You know, so more ignoramus questions can be asked.

Thank you. Just ask away.

Here are pics of some more of my pets. Some are still with me, some I gave away or have passed on. Let the tank take a backseat for now.

Pigeon

DSC09373.jpg

DSC09583.jpg

Bantams

DSC08489.jpg

DSC08509.jpg

DSC06648.jpg

Lovebirds

DSC09941.jpg

DSC08420.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

Finches

DSC06465.jpg

DSC06514.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC06570.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06103-1.jpg

DSC06434.jpg

Geckos (a mating gone horribly wrong pic)

DSC08380.jpg

Hedgehog

DSC08470.jpg

DSC08110.jpg

Mice

DSC09797.jpg

DSC06257.jpg

Turtles

DSC04265.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

Spiders

DSC02546.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

And a shot of the tank. Lest I forget this is NANO-REEF.

DSC02778.jpg

You just blew my mind with all those breeding pictures ! I had a pair of blue masked love birds for the longest. Very impressive!!!

You just blew my mind with all those breeding pictures ! I had a pair of blue masked love birds for the longest. Very impressive!!!

Thanks!

:bowdown:

These are finches?

DSC06103-1.jpg

wow.

Yep. Gouldian finches to be exact.

i had a hedgehog when i was younger. best pet i ever had.

They are pretty unique aren't they? :)

• 3 weeks later...

My Kenya tree died within 3 days - or so I thought. It just shed its branches in the vicinity and the remnant is now sprouting new ones. Most of my birdsnest didn't make it, too. No more additions to this tank.

I found this outside 2 days ago while I was feeding my birds. It's the last thing I need right now but oh well.

DSC02887.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

Dude, congrats on the kitty! You've managed to do what I've been hoping would happen to me for years now. :P I'd get his/her eyes checked out, though. Shame about the birdsnest, but at least you can actually find coral where you live, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

What a sweet face on Cisco. Dogs get into our hearts like no other creature. I hope she's romping around in the next world with my girl. http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/4123947446/

Edit: Here's another. She loved being off leash on the trail: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/1112057744/

Oh, what a gorgeous dog. She fits right in with the scenery. My dogs stay forever in my heart too.

I found this outside 2 days ago while I was feeding my birds. It's the last thing I need right now but oh well.

What a sweet kitty. I hope she is doing well. :wub:

too cute.

Thanks, Kat. :)

Dude, congrats on the kitty! You've managed to do what I've been hoping would happen to me for years now. :P I'd get his/her eyes checked out, though. Shame about the birdsnest, but at least you can actually find coral where you live, eh?

Thanks. I won't be adding anything to this tank for a while. What's the progress on yours?

Her eyes are OK now. Vaccines and deworming next. :)

This is insane!!! In a good way.

:)

Thanks! Er, in what way, exactly? :huh: :lol:

What a sweet face on Cisco. Dogs get into our hearts like no other creature. I hope she's romping around in the next world with my girl. http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/4123947446/

Edit: Here's another. She loved being off leash on the trail: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/1112057744/

Oh, what a gorgeous dog. She fits right in with the scenery. My dogs stay forever in my heart too.

What a sweet kitty. I hope she is doing well. :wub:

Thank you guys. :wub: :lol:

I couldn't open your links, Polarcollision (some server error) but thank you for posting them. Maybe I can view them later. Thank you very much. That's the pic I chose to be framed beside his ashes. Yep, Cisco's a boy, in which case I do hope he meets your girl up there. ;)

Treat that kitty well. :D Things are same old same old on my front, but I am getting an AC70 tomorrow. Where'd you get your PAR38's, by the way? I can't find any at all in Bacolod. :/

Archived