Cultivated Reef

My 8 gallon nano-borg tank

Herptile

Turns out my tank was born on February 16, 2012, not February 25, 2012. Belated Happy Birthday, tank! Nothing new, just added some frags, fragged an existing one and moved some things around. It seems that blue sps has eluded me, seeing as I have literally no more room.

Pics:

February232013.jpg

February232013c-1.jpg
February232013b.jpg
February232013.jpg
February232013b.jpg
February232013c.jpg
February232013d.jpg
February232013a.jpg
February232013c.jpg
February232013d.jpg
February232013e.jpg
February232013f.jpg
February232013g.jpg
February232013h.jpg
February232013i.jpg
February232013j.jpg
Video: (I know, I need a new camera. Don't mind the barking dog.)

Yeah seeing your awesome tank is proof.

Uh, their tanks, not mine. :P

I just picked up a Kessil Ocean Blue for mine. I'll get a build thread going once I find something to put the tank on and get it running.

I've seen pics of the Kessil in action. They're pretty bright, too.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KeyboardWarrior

Wow this tank is fantastic you have a great corals collection and the population of the tank is so diverse. I like all the different zoa morphs you have they are all really bright and colourful. I like your reptiles too they are great I recently got my first leopard gecko for my birthday and he is great

Wow what a tank!!! Couldnt really consider that its only a year old, wow! Just imagining what it would be in another year. Love the cat pic .... Why somanny cat people here crazy.

Wow this tank is fantastic you have a great corals collection and the population of the tank is so diverse. I like all the different zoa morphs you have they are all really bright and colourful. I like your reptiles too they are great I recently got my first leopard gecko for my birthday and he is great

Thanks man. Actually I'm more of a reptile guy. Yep, leos are awesome. :)

Awesome little tank, you should be proud. :happy:

Thanks Lalani. I love this site. :)

Nominated this tank again for TOTM. I think everyone who likes this tank should vote for it Here on the monthoy tank profile nomination thread. Good luck!!!

Dang your tank looks amazing. The new pics are awesome! Nice work.

You're too kind. Thank you. :blush:

Love the cat pic .... Why somanny cat people here crazy.

I have a cat but I'm not really a cat person. :happydance:

Wow what a tank!!! Couldnt really consider that its only a year old, wow! Just imagining what it would be in another year.

Thanks. Probably crashed? But I hope not. I hope I can keep it for longer. Fingers crossed. fingerscrossed

• 2 weeks later...

Currently dealing with some water quality issues. Better get those fixed.

Mad sps in attack mode.

March82013.jpg

Accidental frags.

March82013a.jpg

New crocea clam.

March92013.jpg

March92013a.jpg

Wow Herp! Just saw the pics and the vid. TOTM contender for sure!

Some of the corals look like sheeeeeeet now and I'll be testing the water for the coming weeks. Definitely not a light and/or flow issue. Thanks for the praise Spiro! Undeserved perhaps but very appreciated nonetheless. :)

Nano-reef achievements:

1. Getting tank to last more than a year. :lol:

2. Having Kat post on thread. :haha:

Happy Birthday tank, look how gorgeous you are!

Thanks Kat! fingerscrossed

Anything special that you do for the clam? I'm going to be getting one for my 8 gallon soon.

No, nothing special. The maxima's been in there for 9 months. The crocea's a recent addition.

No, nothing special. The maxima's been in there for 9 months. The crocea's a recent addition.

Do you add Phytoplankton or anything for it? How often are you doing water changes?

All I add is Kent's Nano Reef A and B 2-part daily, Zooplex weekly and Purple Tech every now and then. I change water every 5-7 days, usually half a gallon to a gallon. Zeph's clam topics are very interesting and helpful. What type of clam are you getting? I personally like those blue maximas. I wish we could get them here.

Congrats on the one year mark herp. Your tank looks awesome. Great job!

Thanks Hype!

So I have to ask, how long have you had the clams in the nano? they look healthy

Thank you. The maxima's been in there for 9 months and the crocea for almost 2 weeks. So far so good.

All I add is Kent's Nano Reef A and B 2-part daily, Zooplex weekly and Purple Tech every now and then. I change water every 5-7 days, usually half a gallon to a gallon. Zeph's clam topics are very interesting and helpful. What type of clam are you getting? I personally like those blue maximas. I wish we could get them here.

I'm getting a Crocea. Did you just place yours straignt on the substrate?

Yes but I got him to attach to a small piece of rock. Then I used another piece to prop him between it and the main rock so he won't tip over.

Nano-reef achievements:

1. Getting tank to last more than a year. :lol:

2. Having Kat post on thread. :haha:

Thanks Kat! fingerscrossed

Those were my goals when I first started, except Kat wasn't so famous back then........

Archived