ReefCleaners.org

My 8 gallon nano-borg tank

Herptile

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to get a colony of Ziva please. Can you ship next day air service?

Believe me, I wish it worked that way. If cats multiplied like zoas. Then again.... :o:lol:

She's no saint. She let one of my geckos out and I went bananas looking for it. I thought she ate it!

That small 8 gallon tank packs a huge punch! Well done! W-

Thanks a lot, Ward. :) I'm luckier this time around.

Thanks Kristin. Lots of cat people here. though I'm more of a reptile person myself. I see you're also starting a tank. I hope you enjoy this rewarding, albeit also expensive, hobby. :D

Hello Yarrick, thank you. I use one Nano Customs PAR38 and one LEDTRiC TruPop PAR38 bulbs.

Best wishes on your tank build, too. :)

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately LEdtric are on backorder since few days...

Thanks for your wishes and hope to fill my tank soon :)

Thank you! I shouldn't have gotten the dottyback but believe it or not he has his place in the tank. My first inspiration was El Fab's pico, which I saw on YouTube before I found Nano-Reef and saw he was on here, too.

Very nice tank. Love the coral diversity. I am in the process of a build with the same 8 gallon. Good to see one packed full. Keep up the good work.

Very nice tank. Love the coral diversity. I am in the process of a build with the same 8 gallon. Good to see one packed full. Keep up the good work.

Hi there. Thank you for the pictures of the tank and your pets; love it! I nominated this tank for totm in January and will again. Fingers crossed. :)

Thank you Dnanoreefer. Let's see your tank. :)

Wow, thanks Eitallent :blush:. It's an honor but the tank will only be a year old on the 25th of February. I've seen TOTMs in years past and no way is this tank in their league. Still, I told the clowns what you said and they danced for joy (wait, they always do that anyway :lol:). The purple dottyback couldn't care less, though. He has a mean streak, too.

C6EC6372-8D8C-418E-98E4-DD4CC591C6F9-155

Here is a pic of the tank. Lol, still a work in progress. I drilled it using the glassholes.com kit and added the dual returns. I don't want power heads in the tank at all. My flow will be from return pump. I will have a build thread when it's wet.

This thread is great! I love all the animal pics from you "zoo". I'm starting a shallow 8 gallon. It looks like you had a few different lights, which one do you reccomend? Which one were you able to keep a clam under?

C6EC6372-8D8C-418E-98E4-DD4CC591C6F9-155

Here is a pic of the tank. Lol, still a work in progress. I drilled it using the glassholes.com kit and added the dual returns. I don't want power heads in the tank at all. My flow will be from return pump. I will have a build thread when it's wet.

Nice, so you're going with a sump. Looking good already. :) I'm still apprehensive about sumps, not to mention I don't have room for it, so I'd like my next tank to be an AIO.

This thread is great! I love all the animal pics from you "zoo". I'm starting a shallow 8 gallon. It looks like you had a few different lights, which one do you reccomend? Which one were you able to keep a clam under?

Thanks man. I started with those robot LEDS and I had the same experience with another member who used them. They were really bright at first but then gradually decreased in intensity. Some of them are already burnt out as well, so I now use them as night lights and as transition lights before the main lights go on in the morning. I've had the tank under LEDs since it started so I can't comment on other types but I do like them very much, especially the TruPop. I burned the tips of my first sps under these PAR38s and they only grew back after I placed the coral lower. They're fine now. My maxima also seems happy under them. Looking forward to your build. :)

I have a 10g sump, I like the added water volume of the sump. Being only an 8g tank having 5-6 more gallons should be really beneficial, as well as having 10 extra pounds of live rock rubble. A sump isn't 100% needed as u know.

I have a 10g sump, I like the added water volume of the sump. Being only an 8g tank having 5-6 more gallons should be really beneficial, as well as having 10 extra pounds of live rock rubble. A sump isn't 100% needed as u know.

Yep, seeing those awesome tanks with no sumps is proof enough that it can be done. But I also agree about the benefits of added water volume. Well, we'll see.

glass holes.com tripped the word filter :)

I'm following along, I love these small tanks.

Thanks man! :)

Nice, so you're going with a sump. Looking good already. :) I'm still apprehensive about sumps, not to mention I don't have room for it, so I'd like my next tank to be an AIO.

Thanks man. I started with those robot LEDS and I had the same experience with another member who used them. They were really bright at first but then gradually decreased in intensity. Some of them are already burnt out as well, so I now use them as night lights and as transition lights before the main lights go on in the morning. I've had the tank under LEDs since it started so I can't comment on other types but I do like them very much, especially the TruPop. I burned the tips of my first sps under these PAR38s and they only grew back after I placed the coral lower. They're fine now. My maxima also seems happy under them. Looking forward to your build. :)

I just picked up a Kessil Ocean Blue for mine. I'll get a build thread going once I find something to put the tank on and get it running.

Archived