Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 8 gallon nano-borg tank

Herptile

Deleted User 4

Those snakes! Speaks of insanity right there. :)

I'm a snake as well. According to Chinese calender horoscopes.

LoLOL That clown must be desperate in need of a bta. :)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so. All I know is that dusters prefer live phyto

I never fed this guy directly (all I have is Zooplex that I broadcast feed) so I'm also stumped why it was able to grow.

Those snakes! Speaks of insanity right there. :)

I'm a snake as well. According to Chinese calender horoscopes.

LoLOL That clown must be desperate in need of a bta. :)

I'm glad you like them. I'm a goat. Sheep? Which one is it anyway? Yep, she sure is. I wish I could get another tank started.

I'm sure it's a goat lol. For your dream setup, you should try using a canister. Have you ever tried one?

Nope. I suppose it would make for less clutter on the tank but I don;t think I can place Chaeto in the canister filter.

Deleted User 4

Nope. I suppose it would make for less clutter on the tank but I don;t think I can place Chaeto in the canister filter.

Yeah, you can't....well you could if you use those magnet fuge lights on the eheim canister filters(their casing is see-through green which allows light to emit through...LMAO). A magnet light like this?

http://www.picoaquariums.com/lighting/33-pico-led-refugium-light.html

Seems like a lot of trouble though. Don't you hate it when cheato bits gets stirred up into the sand bed?

I had an outbreak once, from the fuge to the display. Multiple cheato stalks growing everywhere onto the rocks...infestation if you ask me. ha

I had to give those rocks away.

I think I'll just stick with the HOB stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though.

yeah that happens to me a lot because I manually flip over my Chaeto everyday. Clumps always fall in the main tank but they never grow because it's a lot shaded back there. If it's a big clump, I'll fish it out.

Deleted User 4

I see, yeah I've thought about that before and have done it for my previous freshwater setups( I don't do freshwater anymore). You're going to hate it when the tape shows. Nevertheless, saves the hassle of painting the back ha. :)

• 2 months later...

Excellent, thanks for the update! :)

Thank you very much! :)

Love the video. Clams look AWESOMELY HEALTHY!!!! Sweet! What is your water changing schedual ?

My clams are now Zeph approved, which really means a lot! :lol: Thank you! I now change water every other week instead of every week, but still change the same volume as I did when I changed water weekly (2 gallons at the most). So far so good.

One of the best small nanos/picos I have ever seen. I am starting an 8 gallon cube this weekend. Your tank is an inspiration.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your build, too. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Holy Bajesus that is an awesome tank.

Where are you at in the Philippines? I was out there quite some time over the last four years for work, mostly in Manila and Quezon City.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Evanski, I'm from Manila.

Thanks ml86743.

So how's everyone? Haven't posted in over a year. Things started to go badly for the tank in December 2013. First I lost my purple dottyback. He was just gone the next day, never found the body inside or outside the tank. Over the course of the next year I slowly but surely lost my crocea, all zoas and all sps except for one green sps. During that time I didn't get anything anymore except for another maxima clam sometime mid-year. It was in November 2014 that things began to stabilize again (things stopped dying) and I began to restock. First I changed the sand from white to black, then added new corals. Also, my clowns, now bigger, began to get aggressive and started biting me every time I placed my hands in the tank. I placed them in a tank by themselves and got smaller clowns and a blue damsel. It hasn't been all good as I then lost my first maxima shortly after the tank turned three years last February. Zeph, if you're reading this, please take me out of your clam keepers' thread. Although I do have another maxima, I think I'll wait some more before I register again.

I still run the tank the same way, except for the recent use of Seagel and Purigen.

Anyways, here's a photo and video dump of what I have right now:

P50316-174121.jpg

P50316-153247.jpg

P50316-153205.jpg

P50316-153338.jpg

P50316-155156.jpg

P50316-174334.jpg

P50316-155935.jpg

P50316-153507.jpg

P50316-160118.jpg

P50316-160255.jpg

P50316-174504.jpg

P50316-152918.jpg

P50316-171949.jpg

P50316-172629.jpg

P50316-154125.jpg

P50316-154905.jpg

P50316-153637.jpg

P50316-155732.jpg

P50316-172411.jpg

P50315-183839.jpg

P50316-150946.jpg

P50315-183704.jpg

IMG_20150320_145620.jpg

Unbelievable tank. So full and colorful. Can't believe this hasn't been nominated for TOTM at some point (or maybe it has and i just missed it?

Unbelievable tank. So full and colorful. Can't believe this hasn't been nominated for TOTM at some point (or maybe it has and i just missed it?

Thanks man, appreciate it. :)

• 1 year later...

Well it's been over a year since your last post are things going okay and how are the other pets?Btw this tank is more than worthy of being TOTM IMO.

I got here by researching the people that helped inspire Polarcollision's nuvo8 build

• 9 months later...
On 6/23/2016 at 0:26 PM, Narzyzz_12 said:

Well it's been over a year since your last post are things going okay and how are the other pets?Btw this tank is more than worthy of being TOTM IMO.

I got here by researching the people that helped inspire Polarcollision's nuvo8 build

Hi, thanks for the nice comment. :D Well, we moved and I had to break the tank down. I'll be starting a new thread for my new tank.

Archived