Coral Vue Hydros

Dosh.0 - The UNOFFICIAL NR crapper. Bring your own TP.

TeflonTomDosh

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the other teachers at my wife's school has breast cancer, her last name is Head. She wore a t shirt today that said "Hope for Head" on the back. This is in high school lol.

I'm dealing with some GHA at the moment. I'm thinking of trying seachem phosguard. Water changes alone are doing it for me.

fingerscrossed I'm sure plenty of those kids are hoping indeed. Lol!

What do you guys use to reduce phosphates?

I run brs phosguard in a reactor for p04. be careful with it if you haven't used it before.

fingerscrossed I'm sure plenty of those kids are hoping indeed. Lol!

What do you guys use to reduce phosphates?

I glare at the tank, think I'll fix it during the upgrade, and go about my merry day. YMMV.

Edit: The risk would be stripping the water bare of nutrients, which will lead to mass bleaching events and a lot of death. It'll look Doctors office clean the whole time, though.

lol. like psycho said it will pull all the nutrients out of the tank. it will also deplete alk and cause bleaching. if you use it start with a half does and run the reactor on a trickle and increase the flow through it every day or so.

Okay got it. I'll tread softly. Thanks.
I like BRS high capacity GFO Pete. It will turn the GHA white and it will vanish. 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons is what I recommend. Run it 3-4 days then change it and leave it in for 10-14 days. What are your phosphate numbers?I am on a group buy right now and it is 21% off. I would happily split a container with you. The high capacity is good stuff but it cost 50 bucks.
LarryMoeCurly

I just ordered phosguard for use in media bag in an ac70, for a cyano problem. Hopefully it doesn't end in bleaching, nutrient depletion, and mass death.

You certainly want a good low range Phosphate test kit before you start up a reactor, and you're gunning for 0.03ppm Phosphate. Any less and your water has become sterile, any more and you'll have hair algae.

Y'all fat.

jedimasterben

Lawnman, I'll split it with you. My new setup will be with an algae scrubber, so should never see a phosphate level, but I'd like to have some on-hand just in case something goes wrong or I have to take my sump offline for any reason.

You certainly want a good low range Phosphate test kit before you start up a reactor, and you're gunning for 0.03ppm Phosphate. Any less and your water has become sterile, any more and you'll have hair algae.

Matt Wandell told me that the phosphate level in their NPS tank is usually .75-1.0ppm, but no algae. They don't follow a lot of rules about that tank, though. lol

To be fair, 0.03 is more a guideline for an ULNS, paired with Zeovit or carbon doseing more often than not. It's still a good level to be at, all though I'd imagine a little more won't hurt any thing too much. If it's an NPS tank, I'd bet they have light strictly to illuminate the tank and a kick ass Detritus removal regimine, no? Maybe a tang or lawnmower blenny?

Lawnman, do you have a lawnmower blenny?

Lawnman, I'll split it with you. My new setup will be with an algae scrubber, so should never see a phosphate level, but I'd like to have some on-hand just in case something goes wrong or I have to take my sump offline for any reason.

Matt Wandell told me that the phosphate level in their NPS tank is usually .75-1.0ppm, but no algae. They don't follow a lot of rules about that tank, though. lol

With shipping to me it would be 28 dollars each. I would have it shipped to me then I would pay the shipping to you. You can have the original container I already have one. It is 1.75 lbs the smallest amount they sell we would split that. It last a real long time.

I like BRS high capacity GFO Pete. It will turn the GHA white and it will vanish. 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons is what I recommend. Run it 3-4 days then change it and leave it in for 10-14 days. What are your phosphate numbers?I am on a group buy right now and it is 21% off. I would happily split a container with you. The high capacity is good stuff but it cost 50 bucks.

My phosphate test (Salifert) is always undetectable, but I know that I must have PO4 because I have some GHA now. I had no algae for a long time. I thought my clean up crew was going to starve to death. I removed a good amount of my sand bed and now I have GHA. I siphon a good amount of detritus with each water change.. I'll gladly split a container with you and pay you for the extra shipping. I've got paypal ready to go. Let me know if you do decide to order it. I'm not sure how big the container is. If you want to split it 3 ways with Jedi that's fine too.

If you want to split it 3 ways with Psycho that's fine too.

Damn right. I'm kidding, I don't have a reactor yet. I juse like being included...with force.

S&M jokes need not apply.

My phosphate test (Salifert) is always undetectable, but I know that I must have PO4 because I have some GHA now. I had no algae for a long time. I thought my clean up crew was going to starve to death. I removed a good amount of my sand bed and now I have GHA. I siphon a good amount of detritus with each water change.. I'll gladly split a container with you and pay you for the extra shipping. I've got paypal ready to go. Let me know if you do decide to order it. I'm not sure how big the container is. If you want to split it 3 ways with Jedi that's fine too.
If all 3 of us chip in 30 each we can get 1.2 lbs each. I will split it up and send you and Jedi yours. I will order it this weekend if you want to. I could have it split up and on your door steps by next Saturday. I need to get t the USPS to ship Psycho a bomb anyways.

I actually saved a styro shipping box today lawn. You must be proud.
I am proud of you. Wanna ship me some Zoas?:)

Also for you ballers Joe knows reefs live sale starts at midnight on R2R. He has awesome stuff and it is affordable.

Wanna ship me some Zoas?:)

I'll let you know if I ever get rid of any.

Edit: I'll probably downsize eventually as the hydnophora grows, more interested in keeping large pieces than little zoa frags. I just threw a plug out yesterday that the hydno melted.

If all 3 of us chip in 30 each we can get 1.2 lbs each. I will split it up and send you and Jedi yours. I will order it this weekend if you want to. I could have it split up and on your door steps by next Saturday. I need to get t the USPS to ship Psycho a bomb anyways.

Count me in.

Archived