ReefCleaners.org

Dosh.0 - The UNOFFICIAL NR crapper. Bring your own TP.

TeflonTomDosh

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LarryMoeCurly

This will not be happening for much longer. This is solely due to the difference in technology that has taken a giant leap, nothing more.

I disagree. Your statement is correct with regard to DNA evidence; however, there are other reasons also such as new evidence coming to light, corrupt/unfair trial, actual perpetrator confessing, etc. The appeals process allows for correction of these mistakes (hopefully). I agree that someone shouldn't be sitting on death row for 20 years, it just doesn't make sense; if someone is sentenced to death, then death should be the punishment carried out (after an short, efficient, thorough appeals process).

We shouldn't, is more the point I'm getting at. I'll leave it alone if you guys want to talk about him, I just think it's messed up.

I disagree. Your statement is correct with regard to DNA evidence; however, there are other reasons also such as new evidence coming to light, corrupt/unfair trial, actual perpetrator confessing, etc. The appeals process allows for correction of these mistakes (hopefully). I agree that someone shouldn't be sitting on death row for 20 years.

The other reasons don't involve waiting for 15 years due to new technology and thus won't require these incredibly long and ridiculous waiting periods. If you haven't noticed, evidence is generally lost over the years and "witnesses" recanting happens, not gaining evidence and almost never gaining a credible witness (which is up for debate anyways as humans have been scientifically proven to be HORRIBLE witnesses to anything...). There are reasons to not chop people up even after 5 years, but this 20 year bullshit is ludicrous.

The world is not Criminal Minds where there are a million active criminal, violent psychopaths running around that just haven't been caught yet. 99% of crime happens and doesn't even go to trial because the same people doing this shit are the ones stupid enough to be doing the crimes anyways.

/rant

LarryMoeCurly

Agreed for the most part. Keeping everyone on death row for 20 years to save the life of one innocent person is worth it, in the opinion of some.

That is what is wrong with this country. If convicted and sentenced to death they should give them 1 week and bam to the noose.

While I agree that the scum of the earth deserve what they have coming to them, for you or I to have rights, the scum of the earth must have rights as well.

Any one watch Hannibal ? Not sure i care for it. How do you make a show about a main character that is killing people. How does it keep going and he doesn't get caught.

Dexter.....

And it is TV politics that allows our murderous fiends to get another season.

How does House still have a Medical Liscense? Why haven't people risen up to slay the vampires/werewolves in those shows? Why is it investigators on nearly every crime show are an encylopedia of knowledge on every random topic known to man? Why do bad guys aim for shoulders, and why do shoulder wounds never affect any ones range of motion? How come no one on Star Trek ever got an incurable disease from an alien pathogen?

Because fantasy > reality, TV shows included.

Tommy is a big boy, he can take care of himself, I just wonder about the doggy, kitty, and fishtank. People make mistakes, before my BF did 8 years in the USMC he was on the fast track to doing some serious time, he had to do some time and get a felony wavier before joining. Life is complicated. On a separate note, I just caught my puppy chewing on a nasty used bandaid that she dug out of the trash, how can something be so cute and so disgusting at the same time?

Tommy is a big boy, he can take care of himself, I just wonder about the doggy, kitty, and fishtank. People make mistakes, before my BF did 8 years in the USMC he was on the fast track to doing some serious time, he had to do some time and get a felony wavier before joining. Life is complicated. On a separate note, I just caught my puppy chewing on a nasty used bandaid that she dug out of the trash, how can something be so cute and so disgusting at the same time?

I don't know, how do you do it? Chicks do things...horrible things...

I don't know, how do you do it? Chicks do things...horrible things...

Well that just might have to go in my signature.

Dexter.....

And it is TV politics that allows our murderous fiends to get another season.

My second favorite show next to The walking dead.

Well that just might have to go in my signature.

I think you get 70 virgins in the afterlife for that. You shouldn't though, it would be like celebrating the Hindenburg given the subject matter.

Lawnman, have you seen shameless yet? I just started watching it and I ####ing love it.

What's that about? A word or sentence will suffice.

A comedy about a preaching father with terrible morals and a 21 year old daughter who takes care of all the younger children. It's basically white trash, but not all the kids are white. I love it.

A comedy about a preaching father with terrible morals and a 21 year old daughter who takes care of all the younger children. It's basically white trash, but not all the kids are white. I love it.

Sounds like a chick flick.

Lawnman, have you seen shameless yet? I just started watching it and I ####ing love it.
haven't seen that one. I will check it out though. 2 gallons a hour lmfao. :)

Archived